Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What do you tip for the Diamond Amenity?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you tip for the Diamond Amenity?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rick253
Good Lord! the server gets paid for his time by the hotel. Its his job to deliver the amenity. Only Americans would feel some obligation to tip.
Thank goodness the tipping culture hasn't reached Australia in such an absurd fashion.
I am no fan of the American tipping culture either, but it ought to be pointed out in response to your comment that American servers (unlike their counter parts in other countries) are typically receiving an hourly wage that takes tips from customers into consideration (and the IRS also assumes a certain % and forces income tax on that, AFAIK).

As for the amenity... well, (a) it's a gift from the hotel (so it shouldn't COST you anything) and (b) as has just been pointed out, it appears Hyatt covers the tip, so if I ever were to choose the amenity, I'd probably not tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.