Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Official - Convert Unused BWB/FFNs to 5k points by 8/31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1KMM; Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

I have a few FFNs in my account from the promo but don't have any travel plans this month that would put me in the vicinity of a Hyatt.

Is it possible to book a reservation say in dec with the FFN expiring on Aug 31? Or it has to be 'spent' by then?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:13 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Used by the 31st or convert to 5k points for each one.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1KMM; Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
thanks
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:48 am

In the past they have offered to extend them as long as the booking is made by a certain deadline, but this has never been a published benefit so YMMV.

Even when they have offered to extend FFNs, in my experience they have not extended them more than a couple of months beyond the normal deadline. Getting an August FFN extended to December would be unlikely.

Fortunately you can convert them to points that you can use toward any future reservation.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:53 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by chanp
Used by the 31st or convert to 5k points for each one.
Is 5k a choice ? I know that there were some instances of people converting NBT nights for 6k in Feb, but didn't think that would be a choice again given the more rigid interpretation of Ts&Cs by HGP (which I don't blame them for btw).
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Where did the 5/6K conversion happen? Never read about that, just that there would be no extensions as were given in the past.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by chanp
[...] convert to 5k points for each one.
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
[...]Fortunately you can convert them to points that you can use toward any future reservation.
On the contrary as members had to opt either for earning FNA or GP bonus points:

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
[...]Please note that the expiration date for Free Night Awards will not be extended beyond August 31st nor can free night awards be converted to Hyatt Gold Passport points.[...]

Can I change my earning preference throughout the promotion?
No. Once you choose to earn free nights, you cannot switch to earn bonus points. If you choose to earn bonus points, you cannot switch to earn free nights.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:38 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

If you have "leftover" BWB / FFNs - I would consider doing a local MR to use them up so that at least (well domestically) you'll recover the 1W Diamond amenity points.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:49 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear FTers,

It is correct we are not extending any free nights. If you have free nights you are unable to use by the expiration date of 8/31/10 we can change it over to the 5,000 Gold Passport points the big welcome back promotion offered instead of letting them expire. If you'd like this done you can either PM us or call GP customer service and they can make the switch.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.

Last edited by Gold Passport Concierge; Aug 10, 2010 at 12:38 pm
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:56 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Dear FTers,

It is correct we are not extending any free nights. If you have free nights you are unable to use by the expiration date of 8/31/10 we can change it over to the 5,000 Gold Passport points the big welcome back promotion offered instead of letting them expire.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
Thanks Chrissi - better than my solution!! Any deadline by which we're supposed to request this by?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Dear FTers,

It is correct we are not extending any free nights. If you have free nights you are unable to use by the expiration date of 8/31/10 we can change it over to the 5,000 Gold Passport points the big welcome back promotion offered instead of letting them expire.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
How civilized, thank you.

Last edited by schriste; Aug 10, 2010 at 1:35 pm
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Dear FTers,

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
Nice! ^
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Dear FTers,

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
How do we go about doing this? Is there some kind of code we tell GP agent? Do you handle this for us?

Thanks and again great service!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:56 pm

That's awesome! I have one night left that I didn't have any plans for.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
How do we go about doing this? Is there some kind of code we tell GP agent? Do you handle this for us?

Thanks and again great service!
They seem to be doing it, I had half a stay, and I notice it has been switched over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.