Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
What is the "3 Beilagen nach Wahl" that has so many ingredients but costs only CHF4 ? And as a Globalist will items ordered off this menu, rather than the buffet, be complimentary?
It means 3 side dishes of choice. I believe this is meant as a supplemental option if one were to order an egg dish (Eierspeisen).
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by BobR
No more Diamond / Glob room service breakfasts here, gotta schlep down to the restaurant now, gezzz.
Just FYI...just checked in and was offered "room service breakfast 24 hr a day for Globalist" She emphasized esp for people who have an early flight and can't wait for the restaurant to open, but she did say 24 hrs (I think the first time I have heard that offer?)
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:02 am

I wonder if anyone had either Christmas or New Year dinner at their Parkhuus restaurant? If so - how is the atmosphere? Looks like I might be there during this time and will have to resort to dining on premises.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rwm818
Just FYI...just checked in and was offered "room service breakfast 24 hr a day for Globalist" She emphasized esp for people who have an early flight and can't wait for the restaurant to open, but she did say 24 hrs (I think the first time I have heard that offer?)
That's quite generous and accommodating of them for the jetset and jetlag crowd. A lot of time I've just starved until getting to the airport lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Reporting back after my stay - wonderful, unfortunately way too short (just 1 night before our departure from Zurich).

Wanted to report on breakfast - we were able to order any of the items off the menu, although we did kind of have to prod.
The server just said "would you like to order eggs?"...so I knew from reading here that I should ask for the menu.
Then I was told that it was fine to order from the Ala carte menu (anything except the smoothies). I ordered French Toast, and she asked if I would like eggs as well, so I got both :-)
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
The breakfast at the PH Zurich used to be in the lounge. Now it is in the parkhuus restaurant - not sure when that changed. The PH Zurich website doesn’t even have a breakfast menu for the parkhuus but here is the lounge breakfast menu:

https://zurich.park.hyatt.com/conten...otsmoothie.pdf
It looks like Parkhuus now has its own website at https://parkhuus.ch. Breakfast menu can be found here.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by rwm818
Reporting back after my stay - wonderful, unfortunately way too short (just 1 night before our departure from Zurich).

Wanted to report on breakfast - we were able to order any of the items off the menu, although we did kind of have to prod.
The server just said "would you like to order eggs?"...so I knew from reading here that I should ask for the menu.
Then I was told that it was fine to order from the Ala carte menu (anything except the smoothies). I ordered French Toast, and she asked if I would like eggs as well, so I got both :-)
Were there hot items on the breakfast buffet, such as eggs?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Were there hot items on the breakfast buffet, such as eggs?
When we stayed in mid-September there were hot items. I don't recall eggs specifically, but I am sure there was bacon. Whenever we sat down (two separate morning's) we were asked if we would like anything extra like eggs which we both ordered and they were made fresh for us.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:45 am

Just returned from my stay there with the family (group of 8 adults). I don't remember seeing the menu at all, but whatever people in my group ordered just of the top of their head (various types of eggs - poached, sunny side up, scrambled, etc. or pancakes, or waffles, or just a bowl of mixed berries, or various coffee beverages - macchiato, cappuccino, etc.) - everything was made and brought to the table. Their buffet was also decent and high quality. The service was good in our experience - they proactively offered us a separate table for 8, and each morning our table was waiting for us. They offered coffee/latte "to go" at no extra charge. I was really very pleased with them.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Just checked out after a quick overnight stay and wanted to add another data point. As others reported, breakfast buffet is small but high quality.

The server asked if we would like eggs and we responded by asking for french toast. No issues getting the dish and our bill only reflected the buffet which was covered by globalist status.

All in all an excellent albeit short stay though it's not in the same league as PH Vienna which remains my top PH largely due to the staff's incredible attention to detail and care given to guests.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any comments on the top suites here? Also does any one have a GM or manager contact email? Looking to make an import reservation for a family event and would love a personal contact, thanks!
Old May 3, 2018, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any comments on the top suites here? Also does any one have a GM or manager contact email? Looking to make an import reservation for a family event and would love a personal contact, thanks!
I bit on an upsell to a Corner Suite last month (believe the only higher category is Presidential). The space is beautiful, but being on the corner there was a bit too much traffic noise for me. I actually preferred the Park Suite.

Check pm.
Old May 5, 2018, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
A corner suite here was one of the best Hyatt experiences I have ever had. Flawless stay (I didn't notice any traffic noise).
Old May 5, 2018, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BobR
A corner suite here was one of the best Hyatt experiences I have ever had. Flawless stay (I didn't notice any traffic noise).
It may depend which corner you're on and time of year.

I do enjoy this property immensely.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I bit on an upsell to a Corner Suite last month (believe the only higher category is Presidential). The space is beautiful, but being on the corner there was a bit too much traffic noise for me. I actually preferred the Park Suite.
The Park Executive Suite is a category above the Park Deluxe Corner Suite. It is 108 square-meters versus 78 square-meters for the corner suite.

The suite has a dining area with a dinner table and chairs at one end, a living area in the middle and separate office at the other end. The bedroom is off of the office area. If I recall correctly, there is a second bathroom by the dining area end of the room. The third photo of the room on the Hyatt website shows the living area with the office part of the room in the background.

In terms of revenue rates, the Executive Suite generally seems to be 2x the Park Suite King and 1.5x the corner suite. Depending on your needs, a Park Suite King connecting to a second room may make more sense. I believe the Park Suite King living room has a connecting door to the room next door but I don't know what bed type that room might have.

Last edited by speedytimmy; May 7, 2018 at 4:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.