Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

One reservation -half with points half w ? Is this even possible??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

I booked a points award via the app for 2 nights at 20k pts each night

Couple months later I call the globalist line to get a SUA applied.

Last night, I called the globalist line wanting to change the rate type from points to ' cash' I waste almost an hour w an incompetent globalist rep who handed me off to the local front desk who handed me to local reservation line. I get an email confirming the change and see it reflected in the app.

The next morning, I see that only 20k were returned. Over the next few hrs I see my suite count go up and down by one. I called the globalist line inquiring about the points shortage. They claim no points were used for the reservation. And claim it was due to the activities that occured during the SUA.

My reasoning:
I ​​​​made the booking w the app. I could not have completed the booking on borrow points. It is only possible with a rep and when I have insufficient points.If the change was made by the agent who applied the SUA, I was not informed of this and definitely not authorized. How would their system even authorize a booking half w points half with xxx (no clue)?

I get a reply from the local property reservation desk who claims when the update was made for the SUA, the reservation was only charged 20k. They couldn't explain more and will refer the case back to the ' Global centre in US
​​​​​
Do reps have the ability to discount published rates/awards?
Old May 17, 2024, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaiotes
I booked a points award via the app for 2 nights at 20k pts each night

Couple months later I call the globalist line to get a SUA applied.

Last night, I called the globalist line wanting to change the rate type from points to ' cash' I waste almost an hour w an incompetent globalist rep who handed me off to the local front desk who handed me to local reservation line. I get an email confirming the change and see it reflected in the app.

The next morning, I see that only 20k were returned. Over the next few hrs I see my suite count go up and down by one. I called the globalist line inquiring about the points shortage. They claim no points were used for the reservation. And claim it was due to the activities that occured during the SUA.

My reasoning:
I ​​​​made the booking w the app. I could not have completed the booking on borrow points. It is only possible with a rep and when I have insufficient points.If the change was made by the agent who applied the SUA, I was not informed of this and definitely not authorized. How would their system even authorize a booking half w points half with xxx (no clue)?

I get a reply from the local property reservation desk who claims when the update was made for the SUA, the reservation was only charged 20k. They couldn't explain more and will refer the case back to the ' Global centre in US
​​​​​
Do reps have the ability to discount published rates/awards?
If you go on Hyatt.com or in the app go to manage reservation and itll show the total paid. Otherwise you can also track you past activity in your account as well it shows each time a point or award is used.
Old May 17, 2024, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Well they made changes the my reservation last night and it only shows the current type not what it was previously.

Consumer affairs from Hyatt replied to me stating when the SUA was applied they returned 40k and took 20k from my account.
Any reservation that has a SUA 'shows point award suite upgrade. ' I don't recall seeing it being cash and point then suite. I would never book a points and cash stay nor would I request for a change during a SUA call.

My activities section does not show any reversal of points nor deduction of points for this reservation. Not even the 20k from yesterday call due to the change from points to cash. I am waiting until MHC gets in the office and see what she would do to resolve this. Should have just emailed her for this 'simple' rate change.
Old May 18, 2024, 7:48 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kaiotes
How would their system even authorize a booking half w points half with xxx (no clue)?
I cannot answer what else is going on with your reservation, but the above is possible using Pay My Way: World of Hyatts new Pay My Way feature

Note that this different from the "points and cash" rate -- Pay My Way lets you select, for each night of a multi-night reservation, whether you want to pay for that night using the cash rate, the points rate, or a free night cert.
Old May 18, 2024, 9:22 am
Original Poster

I just know they did something to my reservation without my approval nor did they notify me of the change. Anyways, Hyatt consumer affairs responded and gave me 20k pts to make me whole.
Zorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.