Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Waiver for 15 night cancellation window

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waiver for 15 night cancellation window

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Centurion
I am not Globalist and I canceled a French Riviera location 24 prior that had a 7 day cancel policy with no issues.
It's entirely situational. That place might have really nice management — or it might have been overbooked, or had people willing to pay more than the person who canceled.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Centurion
I am 90% sure if you call Globalist line you can get cancel with no point or money penalty
It's always that last 10 percent...

As noted above, it is entirely up to the kindness (or ruthlessness) of the property when trying to cancel after the cancellation window detailed in the reservation has closed.

From hyatt.com:
Reservations made through Hyatt directly can be changed or cancelled on hyatt.com or via the World of Hyatt app (subject to the cancellation policy disclosed during the booking process). Please note that changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences and may be subject to a new cancellation policy. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties should contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.

World of Hyatt members: Subject to certain restrictions, reservations confirmed or changed by an Explorist, Globalist or Lifetime Globalist can be cancelled until 11:59 p.m. the day before arrival, when the hotel’s or resort’s cancellation period is not more than 48 hours prior to check-in. This 24-hour cancellation benefit does not apply: (i) to reservations at Hyatt Residence Club or Miraval resorts; (ii) where the rate is pre-paid and/or non-refundable; (iii) when the hotel’s or resort’s cancellation period is more than 48 hours; or (iv) for reservations booked at corporate negotiated or group contract rates. The cancellation windows are based on the hotel's time zone.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Aug 17, 2022 at 8:03 pm
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
If it were a Hyatt property then the people insisting you can cancel would probably be right. You booked SLH, so yes it’s up to the hotel and no is generally the answer you’ll get.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, UA Premier Executive
Out of curiosity does the rate only refer to cancelations or does it mention changes as well? Wondering if you could change the reservation to a check in date that's say 15 to 20 days from now and then just cancel it.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I would echo that you should at least attempt to change the reservation to a date in the future, outside the cancellation window, and then cancel it then.

I've not needed to do this often, but it has always been successful. Obviously, it may not work at this particular hotel, but it is worth a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.