Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2023, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I think that makes it the only Hyatt in Europe to charge Globalists for breakfast items. Cheap-..., especially at their rates. Certainly out of line with the other two Hyatt Regencies in London.

Combine that with it not being a real suite when I get a proper suite on 90% of my stays, and I may not even bother to give it a try.
Wasn’t a buffet already provided?
Old May 30, 2023, 5:06 am

IHG people say it was the best Crowne Plaza but it still has to be gut renovated to be a HR? And the renovation was so intensive that it missed the deadlines many times, even now it's still not complete?
Old May 30, 2023, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I think that makes it the only Hyatt in Europe to charge Globalists for breakfast items.<snip>
The Hyatt in Lisbon has the same model, buffet but an upcharge for certain ala carte menu items.

Regards
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
IHG people say it was the best Crowne Plaza but it still has to be gut renovated to be a HR? And the renovation was so intensive that it missed the deadlines many times, even now it's still not complete?
I stayed there probably 6 years ago when it was the Crowne Plaza...I remember it being very "funky", lots of black and neon lights and such. Very different aesthetic from an HR.
Old May 30, 2023, 8:29 am

In advance, offered a king suite for 200/night after booking a base king on points. Told them no thanks. Club isn't operational and the public rate between those rooms is 160/night. I figured they'd shoot a better number my way.

Anyone want to sponsor ms as GoH? lol
Old May 30, 2023, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
The Hyatt in Lisbon has the same model, buffet but an upcharge for certain ala carte menu items.

Regards
So is HP LCE
Old May 30, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Do they serve soft drinks and coffee in the Lobby for Club and Globalist during the day or is it only Happy Hour so far?
Old May 30, 2023, 11:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Location is not ideal for me but I was ready to give it a go to try it after the Summer.
But for the few dates I checked (and even if cheaper on points) it’s more expensive than the Andaz and almost inline with the GSY and Churchill which both more central and has a lounge and true standard suite (for the later). So probably not worth a go?
Any view on positioning/occupation?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 4:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The HR Blackfriars is quite convenient for anyone on Fleet Street, the city of London or at a push Southwark. I don’t personally find it a good location and the transport links to elsewhere are pretty limited as well.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 7:49 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
It's been hard to get my points and EQN for my 1 night stay on the opening day. I filled out the missing stay form, nothing. Called up the Globalist line, they said the hotel shows as Hyatt as of June 1st, which is ridiculous since the hotel opened as Hyatt Regency on the 28th. They opened a case but it's been frustrating.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Patience, Hyatt is a big bureaucratic company. Your credits will come with time.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Location is not ideal for me but I was ready to give it a go to try it after the Summer.
But for the few dates I checked (and even if cheaper on points) it’s more expensive than the Andaz and almost inline with the GSY and Churchill which both more central and has a lounge and true standard suite (for the later). So probably not worth a go?
Any view on positioning/occupation?
and how was the stay?
Old Jun 8, 2023, 11:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyjfk
It's been hard to get my points and EQN for my 1 night stay on the opening day. I filled out the missing stay form, nothing. Called up the Globalist line, they said the hotel shows as Hyatt as of June 1st, which is ridiculous since the hotel opened as Hyatt Regency on the 28th. They opened a case but it's been frustrating.
You should likely email or WhatsApp the hotel directly, they always have one person in charge of WoH and it saves you the trouble of going back and forth with Hyatt CS.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by saaveraward
and how was the stay?
I didn’t stay considering the above and my regular guest treatment at the Churchill…
EuropeanPete and Pocatello like this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 1:28 pm

Will be in London for 6 days in July and its my first time in London - have the Andaz booked for 390 pounds per night, but also have Blackfriars booked for 265 pounds per night

No status with Hyatt

Any suggestions which hotel I should stay at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.