FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   7Pines Resort Sardinia, Italy REVIEW MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2067567-7pines-resort-sardinia-italy-review-master-thread.html)

59Impala Jul 27, 2023 8:12 am

looking at the pictures, I would not pay more than 300€ per day/room.
Sardinia is totally overpriced and hyped.

rota Jul 27, 2023 11:16 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 35448703)
looking at the pictures, I would not pay more than 300€ per day/room.
Sardinia is totally overpriced and hyped.

Interesting point if view! I think, that 300€ for a 5-star hotel is mostly a thing of the past. These hotels now go for 350-500 € per night, more if something is special.

Here, the whole resort experience and the size of the property with it's different areas (Laguna pool, main pool, sports area, main beach, private beaches 2 restaurants, pool bar, rooftop bar, beach club with bar, etc... this is a lot to offer and it has to be paid.

So for me, 400-500€ per night would be fully OK. More than double that, is not OK for me personally. But it depends on ones personal views.

atojbk Jul 27, 2023 3:22 pm

How is the kids club? Thinking of going next summer

rota Jul 28, 2023 11:13 pm

Looks OK from the outside. No additional insights as an adult 😄

Btw., our sea view suite hasn't been used for one week after we left. How do I know? The resort had an app, in which you interact with the staff for all things needed, from service to maintenance to booking a taxi. In the app you login using your name and room number. It kept me logged in until today, where it says, that my login information isn't valid.
So that adds onto the suspecting, that the hotel isn't fully occupied even during high season.
​​​​​

demue Jul 29, 2023 12:28 am

Originally Posted by rota (Post 35453614)
Looks OK from the outside. No additional insights as an adult 😄

Btw., our sea view suite hasn't been used for one week after we left. How do I know? The resort had an app, in which you interact with the staff for all things needed, from service to maintenance to booking a taxi. In the app you login using your name and room number. It kept me logged in until today, where it says, that my login information isn't valid.
So that adds onto the suspecting, that the hotel isn't fully occupied even during high season.
​​​​​

Given those insane cash rates they are asking, I'm not surprised at all. While I can only judge from the pictures, I certainly would be hard pressed to shell out 2-3k Euro a night for a suite there, no way.

FlyingRobot Sep 7, 2023 3:05 pm

It would appear this hotel no longer wants people using suite upgrade certificates or the 9,000 points/night premium suite upgrades. I just called and checked on about 6 different dates and for every one of them they wanted full rack rate for the suite + 6,000 points (or a certificate) or full rack rate for the suite + 9,000 points per night, which is just laughable. Normally it is lowest cost room available + 6,000 points (or certificate) for a standard suite or lowest cost room available + 9,000 points for a premium suite. The suites are showing points availability for all the dates I called to check at 61,000 points/night for a standard suite and 80,000 points/night for the premium suites ... or 40,000 points/night for a basic 1 queen room.

beachfan Sep 8, 2023 2:19 am

Full rack rate for the suite plus points?

it’s never the cheapest room or cheapest rate , at resorts it’s a deluxe room at the standard rate,deluxe as defined by the hotel. Per the t&c’s.

slariz Nov 28, 2023 11:51 am

Does anyone know if you can book 2 adults and 2 kids in their standard suite? Online it only lets me do 2 adults and 1 kid, but I know many properties are flexible about this with kids.