FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   7Pines Resort Sardinia, Italy REVIEW MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2067567-7pines-resort-sardinia-italy-review-master-thread.html)

59Impala Feb 3, 2022 1:41 am

7Pines Resort Sardinia, Italy REVIEW MASTER THREAD

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/020322-Hy...yatt-Portfolio

CHICAGO (February 3, 2022)Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a franchise agreement with 12.18. group to debut the Destination by Hyatt brand in Italy with 7Pines Resort Sardinia. The 76-room resort is expected to open in early July, representing several significant milestones, including the continued growth of Hyatt’s luxury resort portfolio, the first Hyatt affiliated hotel on Sardinia, and the second 7Pines Resort in Europe, joining 7Pines Resort Ibiza.

The Destination by Hyatt brand is a diverse collection of luxury and upscale independent hotels, resorts and residences that are all individual at heart, yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location. The resort is situated in the neighborhood of Porto Cervo and elegantly nestled within a tranquil, secluded cove on the northern shores of the island. 7Pines Resort Sardinia offers a laid-back luxury-lifestyle experience and aligns completely with the Destination by Hyatt brand’s purpose to deliver immersive experiences, authentic design and genuine service.“It is a privilege to join forces once again with the 12.18. group for 7Pines Resort Sardinia, which will join the Destination by Hyatt portfolio,” said Felicity Black-Roberts, vice president of development Europe. “At Hyatt, we place great emphasis on forming meaningful relationships with owners, so together we can create luxury hotels and resorts in desirable and unique locations that matter to our guests and World of Hyatt members. In this, Hyatt’s second collaboration with 12.18 group, 7Pines Resort Sardinia has been designed in harmony with its surroundings, and truly reflects the Destination by Hyatt brand’s commitment to embody the spirit of each location.”

Set amidst lush gardens, secluded beaches and centuries old rock formations, 7Pines Resort Sardinia is a beachfront resort surrounded by untouched coastline and a nature reserve. Guests will be able to choose from three restaurants and three bars, as well have access to a private beach and pier with a beach club. In addition, the resort offers four secluded coves, two pools, a spa and a wellness center. Overlooking the archipelago of La Maddalena, guests can expect spectacular sunset views and effortless access to the island’s sea adventures, winding pathways and secret coves.

"The new 7Pines Resort in Sardinia is 12.18.’s second collaboration with Hyatt, which we see as one of the market leaders for luxury hotels. The Destination by Hyatt brand aligns perfectly with the 7Pines Resorts brand values, and being part of this brand portfolio represents an important milestone for the expansion of the 7Pines brand,” said Jörg Lindner, managing director at 12.18. group. “7Pines Resort Ibiza opened last summer under the Destination by Hyatt brand and we have already seen tremendous results after only one season. We are thrilled to work again with Hyatt as we see enormous potential and value. With Hyatt on our side, we are convinced the soon-to-open 7Pines Resort Sardinia will be a success. Furthermore, our group portfolio has proven to be impressively resistant to recent global crises achieving results that are exceeding pre-pandemic levels. I believe what makes the 12.18. group so successful is our specialization in the luxury segment. The desire for travel within the luxury market has remained and we have seen that guests are ready to spend more than ever for luxurious holidays. At the 12.18. group we have aligned our portfolio accordingly to cater to luxury travelers and their changing expectations."

7Pines Resort Sardinia will join the Destination by Hyatt portfolio, marking the sixth Hyatt affiliated hotel in Italy, joining the soon to re-open Park Hyatt Milan, as well as Hyatt Centric Milano Centrale, Hyatt Centric Murano Venice, Il Tornabuoni, which is part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio, and The Tribune, which is a JdV by Hyatt hotel.

For more information about 7Pines Resort Sardinia, please visit 7pines.com/en/sardinia.

The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.

About Destination by Hyatt

The Destination by Hyatt brand is a diverse collection of independent hotels, resorts and residences that are individual at heart yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location. Ranging from upper-upscale to luxury, each property is purposefully crafted to be a place of immersive discoveries, authentic design, and warm and welcoming service. As an honored host, each Destination by Hyatt hotel connects guests to both people and place—offering a sense of belonging that invites all to make our destination yours. For more information, visit destinationbyhyatt.com. Follow Destination by Hyatt on Instagram: Destination[/MENTION]hotels, Twitter: @Destination, and Facebook: Destination Hotels.

59Impala Feb 3, 2022 8:28 am

I know August is high season in Italy (ferragosto), and Sardinia in general is more expensive than the rest of Italy, but 1700€/1900+$ for a 23sqm/250sqf standard room is just insane, even for Sardinia.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7b81d22aa7.png

Dsnow0819 Feb 3, 2022 8:40 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 33960348)
I know August is high season in Italy (ferragosto), and Sardinia in general is more expensive than the rest of Italy, but 1700€/1900+$ for a 23sqm/250sqf standard room is just insane, even for Sardinia.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7b81d22aa7.png

That's crazy. I assumed Cat 7 when I saw it yesterday but that confirms it.

TerryK Feb 3, 2022 8:41 am

This will a great use of points even at Category 8. No category has been assigned yet.

59Impala Feb 3, 2022 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819 (Post 33960382)
That's crazy. I assumed Cat 7 when I saw it yesterday but that confirms it.

yes, and on top there is a 30-day cancellation policy even on the standard rate.

MSPeconomist Feb 3, 2022 11:07 am

What's with the "exclusive" Laguna pool in the room description? Will one of the resort's two pools be restricted to guests who book certain room categories? Isn't the entire resort supposed to be exclusive?

EuropeanPete Feb 3, 2022 1:07 pm

This place could be fantastic, but I’m detecting more than a whiff of the Nobu/ IG-ification of Sardinia with this hotel from the photos.

yerffej201 Feb 3, 2022 8:32 pm

7pines ibiza was nice. wonder what category it'll be.

demue Feb 3, 2022 11:24 pm

I'd reckon they only loaded (dreamy) rack rates for now and that something more reasonable (still high for sure) should follow. One can hope. YMMV

rota Feb 4, 2022 3:11 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 33962583)
I'd reckon they only loaded (dreamy) rack rates for now and that something more reasonable (still high for sure) should follow. One can hope. YMMV

I contacted the hotel and the reservation manager answered, that the rates are actually correct this high. No error...

59Impala Feb 4, 2022 3:35 am

Originally Posted by rota (Post 33962867)
I contacted the hotel and the reservation manager answered, that the rates are actually correct this high. No error...

insane, so this hotel is off my list again, except maybe for points redemtion. I presume it will be a Cat7 (Cat8 is only for SLH hotels IIRC)

rota Feb 4, 2022 3:35 am

It is a category 7, btw., said my hyatt concierge (30.000 points per night).
Laguna View Suite and Sea View Suite are the Globalist upgrade suites.
And the crazy prices do come down substantially (to around 300 € per night) in other months. It is just that high during high season july/august.

demue Feb 5, 2022 1:11 am

Originally Posted by rota (Post 33962867)

The concept of a rack rate is not that it is an error, it is like full fare for an airline. If they can sell the place out at that level, sure they'll do it and not drop rates or introduce lower rates (never will be cheap here, don't get me wrong).

Either way, so for summer peak period, this definitely seems points will be the way to go and I'd expect this to become a very sought after redemption option. YMMv.

m0hamed Feb 5, 2022 1:20 am

Most hotels now formulate their pricing against other hotels in the area. In fact, any tiny property can do this on Expedia now.

Most EU destinations are yet to load promotional rates so are either at RACK or pegged against their competitors. I suspect most are also waiting to see where the pandemic unfolds so are likely only loading rates a few months at a time.

The Churchill in London, Hotel Martinez etc are similarly structured in price for July and August.

m0hamed Feb 5, 2022 6:39 am

So ‘Lucky’ took all the conversations and data points in this discussion and made a blog post with zero attribution (as usual)

https://onemileatatime.com/news/7pines-sardinia-hyatt/

khabah Feb 5, 2022 6:44 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 33965894)
So ‘Lucky’ took all the conversations and data points in this discussion and made a blog post with zero attribution (as usual)

It's his trademark move - he literally lifted all my comments on the Hana-Maui conversion to Alila word for word, and the Alila Maldives post he put up used my words and pictures from FT. Trash move. Between that, his use of "om nom nom" and complaining about spurious, wildly overprivileged matters like toilet paper ply and champagne prices, I refuse to read his credit card-peddling tripe and hope others do too.

I also called him out on it in a comment and on social media, and got deleted and blocked on both. Classy. :rolleyes:

khabah

59Impala Feb 5, 2022 6:45 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 33965894)

Yes, Lucky and TPG often get inspired by FT folks and simply copy/paste from FT.
FT is a great source, Lucky and TPG simply know how to sell themselves and market as "their knowlege". worst, people fall for it.

rota Feb 5, 2022 9:16 am

I don't mind. He summed it up for everybody, which is a good thing. So people don't have to deep dive into forums like this.

antonius66 Feb 5, 2022 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by rota (Post 33966194)
I don't mind. He summed it up for everybody, which is a good thing. So people don't have to deep dive into forums like this.

Yeah but the problem with that and guys like him is that they monetize and profit from the work, posts, discussions, thoughts and information of others to give the illusion of knowledge and travel related sagacity in order to encourage more people to get credit cards through them and other profit streams, which in many cases like this example, is based on fraud and deception.

rota Feb 5, 2022 11:13 pm

I still don't mind 🙈
It is his business, he put up the website and is doing research here in the forums and elsewhere and putting the information together and selling it via advertising and affiliate links.
It's the same that newspapers and the likes do. Sell information that they find elsewhere and bring together for their readers.

In my opinion the mood here is way too negative. He doesn't harm anybody here. There's no negative effect on me when the information I found out gets spread vis news sites.

I actually do like reading these sites because they cover topics that I'm interested in and I don't have to research everything on my own.

​​​​

demue Feb 7, 2022 2:30 am

Sorry, lifting content almost 1:1 from FT discussions goes down a slippery slope of infringing on others contributions.

At a minimum, one would expect an acknowledgement to the FT thread as done by other folks like Garry (View From the Wing), John (Loyalty Lobby) or Rob (Heads for Points) and probably most folks would be content and fine with it.

No one is saying it is zero work to compile an article on his blog as even if he were to be copying content together from other sources and structuring it and such would take effort. Just reference what you use from others, give a little credit. It won't stop his followers consuming his content and not impact his ability to monetize it either.

To me overall, his approach is just bad form and I can understand why strong FT contributors like in this thread get turned off by someone with so little apparent integrity. He lives of his intellectual property and wants it respected, but doesn't seem to apply the same standard all around.

I stopped following his blog a long time ago and that's the best I can do. No use to add to his likely impressive page views. Everyone makes that decision him / herself. YMMV.

Okay, back to topic talking about this very nice looking, but expensive resort. ;)

rota Feb 7, 2022 4:28 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 33970243)
Okay, back to topic talking about this very nice looking, but expensive resort. ;)

yeah :-D

The resort now has an Instagram account: 7pinessardinia

It says "opening 1st of july".

MarkOK Feb 7, 2022 8:59 am

I find FT to be 1000 times more helpful and informative than the travel bloggers (whose writing style I find to be extremely annoying and who gloss over many of the finer points I am looking for). Just like the news - best to read and trust (and credit) the primary sources of information.

I am excited about this property. Won't be splurging at peak season here, but definitely love to see more resorts open under the Hyatt family in places like this.

rota Feb 8, 2022 3:37 pm

I am now thinking about visiting it for September/early october. Rates are fair then and weather on the island is pretty OK still during this time.

Annoying thing is, that there are no fully refundable rates at all. :-/

m0hamed Feb 8, 2022 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by rota (Post 33975250)
I am now thinking about visiting it for September/early october. Rates are fair then and weather on the island is pretty OK still during this time.

Annoying thing is, that there are no fully refundable rates at all. :-/

Hard pass.

demue Feb 8, 2022 7:50 pm

Same thoughts, no fully refundable rates, no dice. It is absolutely unrealistic these days to not offer such a fully refundable rate option. A property may decide to tack longer cancellation periods to rates like that such as 7 or maybe even max 30 days advance notice, but anything else I would not even consider. YMMV.

m0hamed Feb 8, 2022 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 33975825)
Same thoughts, no fully refundable rates, no dice. It is absolutely unrealistic these days to not offer such a fully refundable rate option. A property may decide to tack longer cancellation periods to rates like that such as 7 or maybe even max 30 days advance notice, but anything else I would not even consider. YMMV.

I never prepay and always book flexible hotels and flights. During a pandemic this is even more crucial.

Hydro88 Feb 8, 2022 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 33975825)
. A property may decide to tack longer cancellation periods to rates like that such as 7 [...] days advance notice, but anything else I would not even consider. YMMV.

That's exactly what 7Pines Sardinia is doing, I'm seeing the following terms for the Member Rate in September/October

Deposit Policy
Credit Card Deposit Required 50 PCT OF 9 NIGHT(S) DEPOSIT WILL BE CHARGED TO CREDIT CARD
Cancellation Policy
7 Days Prior Or 50percent Of Stay/ 50percent Deposit

Seems fair to me. rota , does this rate not show for you?

rota Feb 8, 2022 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Hydro88 (Post 33976167)
That's exactly what 7Pines Sardinia is doing, I'm seeing the following terms for the Member Rate in September/October

Deposit Policy
Credit Card Deposit Required 50 PCT OF 9 NIGHT(S) DEPOSIT WILL BE CHARGED TO CREDIT CARD
Cancellation Policy
7 Days Prior Or 50percent Of Stay/ 50percent Deposit

Seems fair to me. rota , does this rate not show for you?

I can see it but is only 50% refundable, which is not possible for me, as my work sometimes requires changes on short notice.notice.

MSPeconomist Feb 9, 2022 12:05 am

Originally Posted by rota (Post 33976191)
I can see it but is only 50% refundable, which is not possible for me, as my work sometimes requires changes on short notice.notice.

If you're an employee, will the company reimburse nonrefundable deposits, change fees, etc. if an approved vacation is cancelled for business purposes of the employer?

rota Feb 9, 2022 2:04 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 33976206)
If you're an employee, will the company reimburse nonrefundable deposits, change fees, etc. if an approved vacation is cancelled for business purposes of the employer?

Pretty sure they are obliged to reimburse. But might depend on labour laws in your country.

Hydro88 Feb 9, 2022 2:48 am

Originally Posted by rota (Post 33976191)

Hi rota, I read the "7 Days Prior Or 50percent Of Stay/ 50percent Deposit" to mean that the deposit will be refunded if you cancel 7 days prior. Am I reading this wrong?

59Impala Feb 9, 2022 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Hydro88 (Post 33976375)
Hi rota, I read the "7 Days Prior Or 50percent Of Stay/ 50percent Deposit" to mean that the deposit will be refunded if you cancel 7 days prior. Am I reading this wrong?

that is how I read it is well, full refund if cancelled 7 days prior to arrival.

rota Feb 9, 2022 11:05 pm

I read it as:
7days prior or 50 % of stay lost
50 percent deposit always lost
interesting question 🤔😁

Hydro88 Feb 9, 2022 11:25 pm

I've asked the Globalist line to clarify and have received the following reply:

The cancellation policy mean that 50% deposit is required and you can cancel this booking and get your deposit back if you cancel 7days prior to your arrival date otherwise 50% fee of the stay apply.

So you will get your deposit back if you cancel in due time :)

demue Feb 10, 2022 12:59 am

That's fair enough though 50% prepayment at those rates can add up to quite a large amount for a longer stay and then one needs to hope that the property refunds promptly and does not drag it out. YMMV

TerryK Feb 10, 2022 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Hydro88 (Post 33979140)
.......The cancellation policy mean that 50% deposit is required and you can cancel this booking and get your deposit back if you cancel 7days prior to your arrival date otherwise 50% fee of the stay apply......

Sounds reasonable. This also discourages speculative bookings.

mayday23 Feb 14, 2022 7:12 pm

I'm thinking of staying here mid-July this year. Any feedback if this is too early after opening and will have a bunch of learning curves or stuff not done? Surprising they have a variety of suites available to use an upgrade award.

rota Feb 14, 2022 10:18 pm

Normally, there are teething issues, yes.
From my experiences, they can happily be there for some 2-3 months after opening.

So if you go there: prepare yourself to stay calm.

​​​​​

m0hamed Feb 14, 2022 10:32 pm

There is a truth universally acknowledged: Hotels almost never open on time.