FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   7Pines Resort Sardinia, Italy REVIEW MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2067567-7pines-resort-sardinia-italy-review-master-thread.html)

59Impala Feb 3, 2022 1:41 am

7Pines Resort Sardinia, Italy REVIEW MASTER THREAD

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/020322-Hy...yatt-Portfolio

CHICAGO (February 3, 2022)Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a franchise agreement with 12.18. group to debut the Destination by Hyatt brand in Italy with 7Pines Resort Sardinia. The 76-room resort is expected to open in early July, representing several significant milestones, including the continued growth of Hyatt’s luxury resort portfolio, the first Hyatt affiliated hotel on Sardinia, and the second 7Pines Resort in Europe, joining 7Pines Resort Ibiza.

The Destination by Hyatt brand is a diverse collection of luxury and upscale independent hotels, resorts and residences that are all individual at heart, yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location. The resort is situated in the neighborhood of Porto Cervo and elegantly nestled within a tranquil, secluded cove on the northern shores of the island. 7Pines Resort Sardinia offers a laid-back luxury-lifestyle experience and aligns completely with the Destination by Hyatt brand’s purpose to deliver immersive experiences, authentic design and genuine service.“It is a privilege to join forces once again with the 12.18. group for 7Pines Resort Sardinia, which will join the Destination by Hyatt portfolio,” said Felicity Black-Roberts, vice president of development Europe. “At Hyatt, we place great emphasis on forming meaningful relationships with owners, so together we can create luxury hotels and resorts in desirable and unique locations that matter to our guests and World of Hyatt members. In this, Hyatt’s second collaboration with 12.18 group, 7Pines Resort Sardinia has been designed in harmony with its surroundings, and truly reflects the Destination by Hyatt brand’s commitment to embody the spirit of each location.”

Set amidst lush gardens, secluded beaches and centuries old rock formations, 7Pines Resort Sardinia is a beachfront resort surrounded by untouched coastline and a nature reserve. Guests will be able to choose from three restaurants and three bars, as well have access to a private beach and pier with a beach club. In addition, the resort offers four secluded coves, two pools, a spa and a wellness center. Overlooking the archipelago of La Maddalena, guests can expect spectacular sunset views and effortless access to the island’s sea adventures, winding pathways and secret coves.

"The new 7Pines Resort in Sardinia is 12.18.’s second collaboration with Hyatt, which we see as one of the market leaders for luxury hotels. The Destination by Hyatt brand aligns perfectly with the 7Pines Resorts brand values, and being part of this brand portfolio represents an important milestone for the expansion of the 7Pines brand,” said Jörg Lindner, managing director at 12.18. group. “7Pines Resort Ibiza opened last summer under the Destination by Hyatt brand and we have already seen tremendous results after only one season. We are thrilled to work again with Hyatt as we see enormous potential and value. With Hyatt on our side, we are convinced the soon-to-open 7Pines Resort Sardinia will be a success. Furthermore, our group portfolio has proven to be impressively resistant to recent global crises achieving results that are exceeding pre-pandemic levels. I believe what makes the 12.18. group so successful is our specialization in the luxury segment. The desire for travel within the luxury market has remained and we have seen that guests are ready to spend more than ever for luxurious holidays. At the 12.18. group we have aligned our portfolio accordingly to cater to luxury travelers and their changing expectations."

7Pines Resort Sardinia will join the Destination by Hyatt portfolio, marking the sixth Hyatt affiliated hotel in Italy, joining the soon to re-open Park Hyatt Milan, as well as Hyatt Centric Milano Centrale, Hyatt Centric Murano Venice, Il Tornabuoni, which is part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio, and The Tribune, which is a JdV by Hyatt hotel.

For more information about 7Pines Resort Sardinia, please visit 7pines.com/en/sardinia.

The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.

About Destination by Hyatt

The Destination by Hyatt brand is a diverse collection of independent hotels, resorts and residences that are individual at heart yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location. Ranging from upper-upscale to luxury, each property is purposefully crafted to be a place of immersive discoveries, authentic design, and warm and welcoming service. As an honored host, each Destination by Hyatt hotel connects guests to both people and place—offering a sense of belonging that invites all to make our destination yours. For more information, visit destinationbyhyatt.com. Follow Destination by Hyatt on Instagram: Destination[/MENTION]hotels, Twitter: @Destination, and Facebook: Destination Hotels.

59Impala Feb 3, 2022 8:28 am

I know August is high season in Italy (ferragosto), and Sardinia in general is more expensive than the rest of Italy, but 1700€/1900+$ for a 23sqm/250sqf standard room is just insane, even for Sardinia.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7b81d22aa7.png

Dsnow0819 Feb 3, 2022 8:40 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 33960348)
I know August is high season in Italy (ferragosto), and Sardinia in general is more expensive than the rest of Italy, but 1700€/1900+$ for a 23sqm/250sqf standard room is just insane, even for Sardinia.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7b81d22aa7.png

That's crazy. I assumed Cat 7 when I saw it yesterday but that confirms it.

TerryK Feb 3, 2022 8:41 am

This will a great use of points even at Category 8. No category has been assigned yet.

59Impala Feb 3, 2022 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819 (Post 33960382)
That's crazy. I assumed Cat 7 when I saw it yesterday but that confirms it.

yes, and on top there is a 30-day cancellation policy even on the standard rate.

MSPeconomist Feb 3, 2022 11:07 am

What's with the "exclusive" Laguna pool in the room description? Will one of the resort's two pools be restricted to guests who book certain room categories? Isn't the entire resort supposed to be exclusive?

EuropeanPete Feb 3, 2022 1:07 pm

This place could be fantastic, but I’m detecting more than a whiff of the Nobu/ IG-ification of Sardinia with this hotel from the photos.

yerffej201 Feb 3, 2022 8:32 pm

7pines ibiza was nice. wonder what category it'll be.

demue Feb 3, 2022 11:24 pm

I'd reckon they only loaded (dreamy) rack rates for now and that something more reasonable (still high for sure) should follow. One can hope. YMMV

rota Feb 4, 2022 3:11 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 33962583)
I'd reckon they only loaded (dreamy) rack rates for now and that something more reasonable (still high for sure) should follow. One can hope. YMMV

I contacted the hotel and the reservation manager answered, that the rates are actually correct this high. No error...

59Impala Feb 4, 2022 3:35 am

Originally Posted by rota (Post 33962867)
I contacted the hotel and the reservation manager answered, that the rates are actually correct this high. No error...

insane, so this hotel is off my list again, except maybe for points redemtion. I presume it will be a Cat7 (Cat8 is only for SLH hotels IIRC)

rota Feb 4, 2022 3:35 am

It is a category 7, btw., said my hyatt concierge (30.000 points per night).
Laguna View Suite and Sea View Suite are the Globalist upgrade suites.
And the crazy prices do come down substantially (to around 300 € per night) in other months. It is just that high during high season july/august.

demue Feb 5, 2022 1:11 am

Originally Posted by rota (Post 33962867)

The concept of a rack rate is not that it is an error, it is like full fare for an airline. If they can sell the place out at that level, sure they'll do it and not drop rates or introduce lower rates (never will be cheap here, don't get me wrong).

Either way, so for summer peak period, this definitely seems points will be the way to go and I'd expect this to become a very sought after redemption option. YMMv.

m0hamed Feb 5, 2022 1:20 am

Most hotels now formulate their pricing against other hotels in the area. In fact, any tiny property can do this on Expedia now.

Most EU destinations are yet to load promotional rates so are either at RACK or pegged against their competitors. I suspect most are also waiting to see where the pandemic unfolds so are likely only loading rates a few months at a time.

The Churchill in London, Hotel Martinez etc are similarly structured in price for July and August.

m0hamed Feb 5, 2022 6:39 am

So ‘Lucky’ took all the conversations and data points in this discussion and made a blog post with zero attribution (as usual)

https://onemileatatime.com/news/7pines-sardinia-hyatt/