Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Big thumbs down (again) for the HR Reston. Pre-assigned to a "club level" room which makes no difference as club is closed. Had to call to even get assigned a corner room which is their best standard room. Upon arrival, noticed standard suite in app. Once again, not actually available. They did manage to find something, but it had 2x twin bed connecting instead of a King which I turned down (this is not even an option on the website) and if I had accepted, they said I couldn't have late checkout (not that I would have needed it). 15 minutes after getting to my room and having already unpacked, got a call from the front desk that somehow a suite became available (doubtful that it wasn't initially there). Declined. Repeat guest with prior emails with management at the hotel about this very issue. Nothing has changed
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
50 Bowery. Booked City View King. Given a closet of a room (2028) with a view downtown rather than midtown. After returning from dinner, had to change rooms to avoid music from bar (which fda had assured me would not be a problem). Wound up in a far nicer midtown view on 12. Why didn't we get the better room at check-in?

Manager acknowledged in post-checkout email exchange that this was a terrible Globalist room assignment and should never have happened. But no service recovery at all.

I guess you get what you pay for at $161/night in Manhattan.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:30 pm

HR Grand Reserve Puerto Rico.

Booked 3 nights in a double room garden view, upgraded in app to the highest room level: double room oceanfront. The hotel is still notoriously not officially selling any suites.

Originally Posted by evergrn
Booked Harbor View King.
No upgrade, although I was offered 4pm checkout at the time of check-in without me asking.
And you mentioned in another thread that there were standard suites available to book at checkin, right?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Hyatt Centric Minneapolis (last week)
Booked: basic king, cheap
Received: std suite, with incredibly-loud HVAC and freezing bathroom. At least the bar was open with a small menu and chatty barkeeps.

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis (this week)
Booked: basic king, cheap
Received: unsure what kind of suite, but it's bigger than my flat. Bedroom looks to be a basic king room attached to a huge living room with dinner seating for six and a gigantic nice new LG TV. Zero food options here other than what's on offer at "The Market" shop and obvs the lounge is closed. Hey there's always Doordash and the Nicollet Mall restaurants are a short walk (just avoid Brit's Pub, blech) if the weather isn't kill-you cold, which it'll be by Thursday.
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
And you mentioned in another thread that there were standard suites available to book at checkin, right?
There were at least 2 higher-tier room types (including suites but don't remember which type of suite that was) available when I checked a couple hours before check-in.
The hotel was dead. Both mornings I was the only person eating at the restaurant except one other person came as I was getting ready to head out.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
In your experience, do you typically have to ask in order to get upgrades?

I prefer not to ask, but to be surprised. So far, I've been disappointed in the last 5 stays.

Thanks.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21

I prefer not to ask, but to be surprised. So far, I've been disappointed in the last 5 stays.

Thanks.
Before walking into the hotel, check the app. If it's still showing the room you booked, then the hotel is not likely to upgrade you in person when you check in. Probably need to ask for one.
fishy21 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:53 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Big thumbs down (again) for the HR Reston.
wow, very different experience! I’ve been given the Presidential Suite as a globalist upgrade on cheap cheap corp rate
tobikosan likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fishy21

Thanks.
Me too. I have had to ask every single stay, no upgrades at all before I am standing before them. However once I ask, I've gotten one suite (Hyatt Regency Miami), 2 club level upgrades with views (Grand Hyatt SF), and one nothing burger (Confidante Miami Beach). Annoying I have to ask every time and nothing is done before I appear.
bbbb, fishy21 and evergrn like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:10 am

Hyatt Centric Las Olas (Ft Lauderdale)

No pre-arrival upgrade. On asking at front desk I was offered a view room on a mid floor. Later checked the app and saw availability for the balcony room and cabana rooms, both of which appear to be higher category than what I was offered. I continue to be disappointed by properties not assigning “best available” rooms even when asked directly.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
No pre-arrival upgrade. On asking at front desk I was offered a view room on a mid floor. Later checked the app and saw availability for the balcony room and cabana rooms, both of which appear to be higher category than what I was offered. I continue to be disappointed by properties not assigning “best available” rooms even when asked directly.
I had a pre-arrival upgrade to a view room on a high floor here, being Explorist at the time. It's so inconsistent.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gbdbld
I had a pre-arrival upgrade to a view room on a high floor here, being Explorist at the time. It's so inconsistent.
I had a 1 night stay over a year ago and was preUPed. Turned out being a high floor with a very small balcony. Only saving grace was there was no building opposite my room facing North.

That said I got the feeling that most rooms here wont have a view of anything but the building opposite it and its a couple of miles from the beach so no ocean views either. And at best the sun is gone from the pool area by Noon.Nor a real desk to work at. Dont see myself returning unless I had to be in that area early in the morning which I doubt will ever be the case
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by craz
That said I got the feeling that most rooms here wont have a view of anything but the building opposite it and its a couple of miles from the beach so no ocean views either. And at best the sun is gone from the pool area by Noon.Nor a real desk to work at. Dont see myself returning unless I had to be in that area early in the morning which I doubt will ever be the case
Yeah, definitely not a property to choose for views, but something better than a parking garage view would be nice. I was only here for the proximity to the rail station, and don’t think I’ll be returning.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
HR Lisle (suburban Chicago near Naperville) - booked a regular room for a Friday night, got one of their end junior suites with a panoramic view of not a lot. Basically about 1.75x the size of a regular room.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
wow, very different experience! I’ve been given the Presidential Suite as a globalist upgrade on cheap cheap corp rate
Maybe they hate me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.