Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
HR DFW:
Standard 2 QUEEN BEDS
Upgrade to Executive Suite
* Booked with points on the same day of staying. Upgraded at check-in.

HR Tokyo:
Standard 1 KING BED with Member rate $83
Upgrade to 2 Twin Club Room
* The rate was really good, app showed 1 King Club Room the day before but was disappeared just before check-in. They offered 2 Twin Club Room at check-in instead. No more Yellow bottle/Citrus Pharmacopia.

HR Seragaki Island, Okinawa
Standard 2 TWIN BED
Upgraded to Regency Suite
* Booked with off-peak points before devaluation so it was 12k points/night.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
HR DFW:
Standard 2 QUEEN BEDS
Upgrade to Executive Suite
* Booked with points on the same day of staying. Upgraded at check-in.
Lucky! I tried booking for my parents when they had a flight issue at DFW. When I checked around 5pm I think there was points availability. Then when I went to book around 530p hotel was sold out. Kind of a cascading effect with all the nearby Hyatts...as I checked each one, availability began disappearing minutes later after talking to my parents. They ended up on a waitlist at the HR and finally just after midnight they were given a room. ~$215++ in the end. And of course no upgrade possible.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Lucky! I tried booking for my parents when they had a flight issue at DFW. When I checked around 5pm I think there was points availability. Then when I went to book around 530p hotel was sold out. Kind of a cascading effect with all the nearby Hyatts...as I checked each one, availability began disappearing minutes later after talking to my parents. They ended up on a waitlist at the HR and finally just after midnight they were given a room. ~$215++ in the end. And of course no upgrade possible.
Yeah, this place was really busy. I wasn't sure if I could arrive at DFW on the same day so didn't make a reservation till the last minute. I checked it on Orbitz and other 3rd party sites, and their inventories were gone in the morning, but the price on Hyatt.com was like $250 and award/points stay was available. I didn't expect an upgrade, but I was asked if I wanted to get any suite at check-in.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
The Shay A destination Hotel Culver City, CA
2 Adults, 1 toddler

Duration: 1 nights
Booked: standard king room on points
Received: 1 bedroom King suite with balcony

Prior to the stay I had a delightful email exchange with management expressing my needs and was happy to find out they were able to accommodate
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by martial
The Shay A destination Hotel Culver City, CA
2 Adults, 1 toddler

Duration: 1 nights
Booked: standard king room on points
Received: 1 bedroom King suite with balcony

Prior to the stay I had a delightful email exchange with management expressing my needs and was happy to find out they were able to accommodate
How was your stay? I was about to book a room here and read an online comment saying they had bed bugs Other than that everything looks great online
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
We had a good staycation at The Shay. Our room on the 5th floor facing the metro tracks and the noise pollution was minimal. Bed was comfy and fortunately for us, no signs of bed bugs. The deep soaking tub in the bathroom was a nice touch. For dinner we dined at Etta which is located inside the hotel. It was the most memorable meal I had so far in 2022! Globalist breakfast options are limited but quality was good. Didn't have a chance to check out the roof top pool but we will probably revist the hotel sometime in the near future
Old May 3, 2022, 7:25 am

Tempe Mission Palms

Booked: 1 king on cash rate for 2 nights, quiet room requested
Received: 1 king with connecting room, next to the elevator

No upgrades available at check in and we had too much baby stuff to relocate rooms after settling in, even if another room opened up.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Tempe Mission Palms

Upgraded from a base room to a 1br suite on a 1 night stay. Last time got a basic upgrade even with jr suites available but this time I got a good one. Showed in the app the morning of checkin.
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:15 pm

Andaz Prague
Booked Standard 1 King Bed
Upgraded @ Check In to JR Suite
Booked with points, 22k per night. 4 nights

Park Hyatt Vienna
Upgraded @ Check In to Park Suite Deluxe
Booked with points, 25k per night. 3 nights

Parisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (The Unbound Collection by Hyatt)
Upgraded @ Check In to Art Collection Suite
Booked with points, 22k per night. 4 nights
tobikosan likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 8:48 am

Hyatt Regency Ohare

1 night stay from a base king upgraded to a premier tower studio suite the morning of in the app. I also checked in and it said my room was immediately available and this was about 8am local time.

Had a bit of a rough start with Hyatt but I’ve already had more suite upgrades in the US than I had in 5 years with Hilton. I’m yet to try them international though.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:36 am

Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile

Booked: 1K base room
Received: Executive 1br suite

2 nights over the weekend. This showed in the app the morning prior.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
GH - Kuala Lumpur
King Deluxe to Grand Exec Suite - very nice corner suite

GH - Jakarta
King Deluxe to Grand Suite - have to say I am a bit disappointed. First time back in Jakarta since pre-pandemic. They have renovated the rooms, but something is just off with them.

Note - in both cases the suite was not given on arrival. In the case of KL, I understood as I arrived during the Eid holiday. The hotel was quite busy and suites showed sold out. After 2 days the holiday folks cleared out and they promptly upgraded our room to the excellent Exec Suite. The Grand Club also re-opened after 2 years and the staff there was very attentive.

For Jakarta however, it was different. Suites showed available, however on check-in (at the window marked WoH) the person doing the check-in made no mention of upgrade (he seemed to maybe not even know about Glob benefits...it was strange). So I inquired and he went and got the FDM on-duty. He told me they couldn't upgrade because "rooms are getting full now". When I had checked earlier in the day, they showed suites open the entire length of my stay (10 days) - but then after checking in I looked again and they were gone. Not sure what happened there...just got the feeling they were reluctant to upg for the full length of the stay (10 days). Hotel doesn't appear to be that busy - it looks like some floors may still be closed down (either for renov or just not fully open the building).
So I re-inquired after the weekend, and was still put off with vague excuse. So I got my concierge involved and "boom" magically a suite appeared. I saw in the GH - Jakarta main thread that one Glob had rec'd recent upgrade to the new Capital Suite, but we rec'd only standard Grand Suite (yes, that is all it is supposed to be...). Grand Club still not open here, but they are giving nice benefits for afternoon tea & evening service at either Fountain lounge or Grand Cafe.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:51 am

Park City Hyatt Centric

Booked: 2 queen on Amex Hotel Collection rate for 2 nights
Received: 1 bedroom large residence, upgrade showed in app a day prior to checkin

This was the first meaningful upgrade I received since May 2021, among many properties stayed. It was a welcome upgrade for the extra space and amenities. Property appeared to be very low occupancy, maybe 10-20%.
projectmaximus and Illinwu like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 11:08 pm

Andaz 5th Ave:
Booked: 1 King Bed (on points)
Received: 1 King Bed with City View Deluxe (4 night stay during early Dec weekend. Hotel had sold out like 3 weeks before so surprised I got any upgrade at all. Front desk was also very apologetic that that was the upgrade I got instead of a suite without any comments from me).

Hyatt Regency Denver:
Booked: 1 King Bed (cash for 2 nights + points for 2 nights)
Received: Pinyon Pine Suite - very nice, really liked this stay.

Hyatt Regency Austin:
Booked 1 King Bed (on points)
Received: 1 King Bed River View (very busy 1 night stay on Saturday night, all suites had been booked long before at time of booking)

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Booked 1 King Bed (on points)
Received: Atrium Suite (surprised at this since all suites were sold out on website at least two weeks ahead of time. This was a 1 night stay on a busy Saturday night)

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Booked 1 King Bed (on Guest of Honor points)
Received:1 King Bed High Floor - City View (see above - both rooms were recently renovated and quite nice, found it interesting that did get different upgrades)

All in all I've been very impressed with the upgrades and it's actually been even better than I expected based on web availability .

Last edited by BananaFusion; May 22, 2022 at 11:22 pm
Old May 23, 2022, 6:15 am

Hyatt Centric Key West
3 Night Stay
Booked: Queen
Received: Initially, Queen next to the elevator with no view; after re-visiting the front desk, given an ADA Queen with limited view. Other than the unsatisfactory room assignment, Globalist benefits were excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.