Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place LAX/Century Blvd REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place LAX/Century Blvd REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by lsquare
Why would you need to spend more than one night at the HR LAX?
Not certain I understand the question but since HR Century Plaza closed and since I now usually Lyft/Uber (vice rental car), HR LAX is my preferred hotel when visiting LA/Orange County which I do 2-4 times each year. The HR LAX thread has extensive discussion, ~ 80-90% of which is positive. (For the purposes of an upcoming stay I suggest skipping the many recent posts discussing how much of a Glob’s breakfast tip the servers actually receive.) My posts on that thread are still relevant.

BTW, does anyone know if LA Hyatt properties were affected by the recent hotel workers strike? I ask because one of today’s LA Times headlines is “L.A. hotel workers are back on the job, but say more strikes are to come”.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Not certain I understand the question but since HR Century Plaza closed and since I now usually Lyft/Uber (vice rental car), HR LAX is my preferred hotel when visiting LA/Orange County which I do 2-4 times each year. The HR LAX thread has extensive discussion, ~ 80-90% of which is positive. (For the purposes of an upcoming stay I suggest skipping the many recent posts discussing how much of a Glob’s breakfast tip the servers actually receive.) My posts on that thread are still relevant.

BTW, does anyone know if Hyatt properties were affected by the recent hotel workers strike? I ask because one of today’s LA Times headlines is “L.A. hotel workers are back on the job, but say more strikes are to come”.
Is it not an airport hotel? I would assume people usually spend no more than one night.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by lsquare
Is it not an airport hotel? I would assume people usually spend no more than one night.
Gee, you’re fast, I can’t keep up . Yes (without getting into the debate of "what's an airport hotel") it’s an airport hotel. There’s no law or prohibition against stays of more than 1 night at an airport (or any) hotel.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Looking for parking. Do they allow you to stay one night and then fly out in the morning and leave your vehicle parked in the lot until you come back a week later?
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Gee, you’re fast, I can’t keep up . Yes (without getting into the debate of "what's an airport hotel") it’s an airport hotel. There’s no law or prohibition against stays of more than 1 night at an airport (or any) hotel.
You're not understanding me. I'm not saying there's a rule. I was just curious why anyone would spend more than a night at the airport hotel.

Originally Posted by saecotech
Looking for parking. Do they allow you to stay one night and then fly out in the morning and leave your vehicle parked in the lot until you come back a week later?
​​​​​​​I doubt it'll be free.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 9:06 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
BTW, does anyone know if LA Hyatt properties were affected by the recent hotel workers strike? I ask because one of today’s LA Times headlines is “L.A. hotel workers are back on the job, but say more strikes are to come”.
Hyatt LAX is in scope of the labor issues and is currently under a work stoppage. I checked the union’s website and didn’t see the HP/HH on their list of properties in scope so will hopefully not be impacted for my two-night stay starting today.
Markie and dw like this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 5:44 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Here's a recap of my stay and experiences:

As stated above, I shifted my reservation from the HR LAX due to an ongoing work stoppage by a large portion of the staff there. The AAA per night rate was the same between the HR, HH, and HP; I selected the HP as I needed to do a full day of work both days of my stay and figured the room would be better configured than the HH. I also decided to rent a car for the day as I wanted to run a few errands and have dinner with some friends in Long Beach. So, I took the Avis shuttle to get my car and then drove to the HP. I was hoping to find a place that I could pull over and do a quick check-in and get my bags up to the room but there's really no place to do that; the only option is to illegally park on 98th St and hope for the best. Had someone been with me, I probably would have done that. Instead, I went into the parking garage and parked in a space reserved for HP/HH guests (the bottom three floors are marked as such) figuring I could probably do a quick in and out without much (if any) of a charge.

The FD agent who checked me in was super-friendly and took great care of me; after my polite request for a room upgrade, she looked through her inventory and put me into the best room she had, which was a one bedroom suite on the 11th floor in the SW corner of the building. The view out of the windows was of the Runways 25 L/R threasholds, blocked a bit by the United Air Cargo hanger. Still had great views of planes starting their takeoff runs (love the sounds of big turbofans spooling up) and those landing. The soundproofing is not as good as the HR but it really didn't bother me. The agent also gave me a free day of parking so I didn't have to rush and also a free drink voucher for the bar.

The room itself was pretty big and spacious. One minor peeve was that the bedroom was very dark and a bit gloomy; it really needed a bigger floor lamp or two. Standard HP bathroom with small sink and commode, toilet, and walk-in shower stall, with KenetMD toiletries on the wall. There was a dining room table with seats for four but no desk, so I had to improvise a bit but was able to make a decent workspace. There weren't a lot of power plugs in the living/dining room except along the backsplash so that was another challenge for working, but I made do.

Breakfast was also pretty standard HP/HH fare although I did appreciate the flour tortillas available to use for making breakfast tacos with the scrambled eggs and breakfast meat of the day (chicken sausage patties one morning and pork sausage the next). Signs warned that seating might not be available later in the morning due to crowds but at 0630 it wasn't crowded at all.

I returned the car to Avis and walked back to the hotel; that took about 10 minutes. I took the parking garage shuttle back to the terminal; I think I had to wait about 10 minutes total.

Overall, I'd consider staying here again.

Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:32 pm

The parking garage shuttle is also the hotel shuttle.

-David
Old Dec 4, 2023, 4:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The property (for the first team) reached out by text before my stay to ask if they could do anything for me.
At check-in I asked if they had a nice room for me and was told that I had. In fact it was exactly what I booked, King Bed no sofa bed. They have never put me in this sort of room before, although I accept it is what I paid for. Mine is on the 4th floor overlooking the entrance to the Sonesta and is tiny.

Bed, desk and chair

Closet

Shower

Basin & Toilet
Noeapantoja likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
The parking garage shuttle is also the hotel shuttle.-David
Just stayed here. On arrival at KAX, I jumped into the LAX Centre Parking shuttle to be advised that as of this month the hotel now has their own.

Pickup drop off is at the NE corner of the building. To get back to the airport, take the same northern exit but turn right on leaving the building.

Last edited by serfty; Mar 8, 2024 at 1:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.