Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Toronto (new) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Toronto (new) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Stayed there recently, used a TSU and ended up with a corner suite. I don't know what y'all are griping about, I thought the room was very nice, high-end fit and finish, everything worked and was intuitive. For a North American hotel of any caliber, at the top end of nice. Has the hushed feel of the PH Washington, which I really like. Somewhat "related" to the PHNY, which has excellent hard product, weak service. Service here, on the other hand, was on point, warm, and efficient. I usually stay at the FS down the street, but this was 100 loons cheaper and came with the suite upgrade, so it was a nice deal. Very satisfied, and I am one picky crank when it comes to hotels (you can see my general demeanor in the PHNY thread).
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I also stayed recently and thought that overall it was pretty good. I was upgraded to a corner suite, which was a true suite and not simply two regular roons linked together. Yes, the view isn't too great, but that is probably the biggest downside to the hotel outside of it not having a pool. The location is ideal if you want to be close to Yorkville, the University of Toronto or the ROM.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tfung
Its not a PTAC unit.. It's a central aircon unit.. But not sure what it's called.. I didn't take a photo myself, but I found a picture from before the renovation where you can see it:

I guess they didn't renovate this part of the rooms as the cost would have been quite expensive..
I like the way the ceiling is slightly lower in the window alcove. It creates a small but genuinely distinct sitting area in the room.

What room type is this?

ADDED: I realize that this is a pre-renovation room, but to me it looks more comfortable and upscale than the pictures of the new rooms in the property that were posted earlier in this thread. OTOH, I'd replace the table lamps; they look very dated and seem to contrast with the style of the rest of the room.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 27, 2022 at 11:20 am
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The downstairs restaurant, Joni (after Joni Mitchell, I assume, as she lives or has a home not very far from there, I was told by people know these kinds of things) is quite good for breakfast, brunch, and afternoon tea/snacks. Did not try dinner, but if it's as good as the rest of the day, it should be pretty solid. I thought overall it was a very fine hotel.
Old May 7, 2022, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The breakfast downstairs at the Joni is excellent. Unusually, they have Kouign-amann as one of their pastry offerings. They are excellent, possibly better than the ones at the PH Vendome (which I hear doesn't have them for the breakfast buffet anymore).
Old May 21, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
I am planning a pay stay. Does anyone know how much to park at the hotel and where is the cheapest overnight parking nearby?
NJTeacher likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by gogomustangs
I am planning a pay stay. Does anyone know how much to park at the hotel and where is the cheapest overnight parking nearby?
Looking for the same information!
Old May 23, 2022, 9:21 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
There is a city run lot at 9 Bedford that permits overnight parking
see: https://parking.greenp.com/find-park...=4+avenue+road

If you are booking a paid rate with Prive I believe the 100USD credit can be used for parking charges
platbrownguy and lsquare like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:47 pm

It's $70 cad per night for parking, and they have EV charging as well. It would be nice if they updated the website, as I was surprised by the charge.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ghzhammer
It's $70 cad per night for parking, and they have EV charging as well. It would be nice if they updated the website, as I was surprised by the charge.
That's insane.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
That's crazy. Hyatt Regency only charges $32!
Old May 24, 2022, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

That's crazy. Hyatt Regency only charges $32!
It's Yorkville and valet only. I think that's pretty nuts too.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
There is a city run lot at 9 Bedford that permits overnight parking
see: https://parking.greenp.com/find-park...=4+avenue+road

If you are booking a paid rate with Prive I believe the 100USD credit can be used for parking charges
Great. Any idea if there is any good use for the $100USD credit?
Old May 25, 2022, 6:37 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Great. Any idea if there is any good use for the $100USD credit?
Sorry I don't understand your question.... Is there a better use for the $100 than parking?
The rooftop bar is pretty fun but it won't change your life to have a drink there or not
lsquare likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:46 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by ABG
Sorry I don't understand your question.... Is there a better use for the $100 than parking?
The rooftop bar is pretty fun but it won't change your life to have a drink there or not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.