Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Toronto (new) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 5:40 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

This is the new REVIEW THREAD for the property from the reopening in 9/21. The old REVIEW THREAD is at Park - Toronto (Old) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - (closing for renovation 12/1/17-09:21
pWei and 59Impala like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Opening 9/15 and still can't get any info on dining options.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 9:00 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Attaching a picture of an entry-level room and bathroom below. I'm exceptionally underwhelmed by this redesign - it's been closed for years, already looks dated and the room doesn't even have a proper desk. Going off of these images alone, I'd be pretty annoyed shelling out the near 600 CAD they're demanding per night.

A pity, especially seeing that they've clearly put effort towards the public spaces [see restaurant image at the bottom].

khabah

pWei, lsquare, 59Impala and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:40 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by khabah
Attaching a picture of an entry-level room and bathroom below. I'm exceptionally underwhelmed by this redesign - it's been closed for years, already looks dated and the room doesn't even have a proper desk. Going off of these images alone, I'd be pretty annoyed shelling out the near 600 CAD they're demanding per night.

A pity, especially seeing that they've clearly put effort towards the public spaces [see restaurant image at the bottom].

khabah

Anyone know if all room types will have carpets or if it will be STR Toronto style where suites have hardwood floors? It’s been a decade since the Shangri-la Toronto opened with its beautiful flooring yet decent hotels in this city are still renoing with carpet lol

Also, that bathroom looks ridiculous to me lol
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Looks like a vanilla styled Thompson.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:22 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Looks like a vanilla styled Thompson.
That’s exceedingly generous! Looks like a Centric to me.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 9:09 pm

A hotel shouldn't call itself luxury if its bathroom doesn't have a separated deep soaking tub from the shower.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:18 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Anyone know if all room types will have carpets or if it will be STR Toronto style where suites have hardwood floors? It’s been a decade since the Shangri-la Toronto opened with its beautiful flooring yet decent hotels in this city are still renoing with carpet lol

Also, that bathroom looks ridiculous to me lol
For anyone curious, even the suites have this navy carpet

Originally Posted by walkingingotham
A hotel shouldn't call itself luxury if its bathroom doesn't have a separated deep soaking tub from the shower.
It seems like they just removed the tubs from rooms and decided to go with only walk-in showers. I think that's fine but it just seems like they did such a bad job executing this. Hard to make a definitive judgment from the photos but I won't even bother finding out at this point.

This is the only Park Hyatt in Canada. It's really unfortunate Hyatt considers this to be enough to hold onto the flag.
walkingingotham likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hp12c
That’s exceedingly generous! Looks like a Centric to me.
I would have said Asian Hyatt Place.

They got rid of the base room shower/tub combo for just a shower at 600 CAD. PH NY beancounters in charge must be joking.
cfabar1 and hp12c like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 4:52 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by walkingingotham
Agree! my personal criteria too.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 7:54 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
[MENTION=391474]real[/MENTION]ricky on Instagram has a story with a walkthrough of a one-bedroom suite. It's a little bit nicer than the photos posted above (there's a separate bath), but still not awfully impressive.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[MENTION=391474]real[/MENTION]ricky on Instagram has a story with a walkthrough of a one-bedroom suite. It's a little bit nicer than the photos posted above (there's a separate bath), but still not awfully impressive.
It looks just okay. Keeping a desk is a rarity these days. Will give them credit there.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:09 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Requirements of travelers do differ quite a lot . I applaud them for eliminating the bathtub. I basically require a large walk-in shower. Difficult for a hotel to please all travelers
ceebee100, TravelingChef and hp12c like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think we can all agree the new showers are an improvement over this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Apparently it's the TSU suite. Worth 25k/night + TSU?

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Requirements of travelers do differ quite a lot . I applaud them for eliminating the bathtub. I basically require a large walk-in shower. Difficult for a hotel to please all travelers
I certainly prefer the walk-in shower, but luxury really should have both.
hp12c likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.