Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Toronto (new) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Toronto (new) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:02 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Difficult for a hotel to please all travelers
I believe park hyatt's tag line is: Luxury is Personal
Those who want a tub will buy up to a suite or to the Four Seasons / Hazelton
The pricing strategy here I don't think let's them lower the room count which probably would have been required to ensure larger bathrooms for all
I think the public spaces and event space is really a notch above for Yorkville
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:39 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
Apparently it's the TSU suite. Worth 25k/night + TSU?
Based on the video...
If I had to be in Toronto anyhow, then sure, I guess it would be worth it - it looks like a pretty massive suite. However, the quality of finishes still seems to be lacking.

Would I make a short trip to Toronto because I'm excited to stay at the PH and the suite looks amazing? No.

I'm sure he'll have a trip report on his blog soon (https://princeoftravel.com/blog/). BTW, I have no affiliation with this blogger. Just someone I follow on Instagram.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:31 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hp12c
@realricky on Instagram has a story with a walkthrough of a one-bedroom suite. It's a little bit nicer than the photos posted above (there's a separate bath), but still not awfully impressive.
Entry foyer is hardwood. They really couldn’t have done that elsewhere?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:33 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ABG
The pricing strategy here I don't think let's them lower the room count which probably would have been required to ensure larger bathrooms for all
Originally Posted by Aventine

I think we can all agree the new showers are an improvement over this.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Requirements of travelers do differ quite a lot . I applaud them for eliminating the bathtub. I basically require a large walk-in shower. Difficult for a hotel to please all travelers
Personally, I don’t care about the bath tub that much. However, the new bathroom design truly looks cheap to me. It is certainly an improvement but still not “good” in a vacuum imo.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Looks pretty nice for a Hyatt Regency. Oh - hang on there.
TravisMT81 and cfabar1 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ABG
It was such a long renovation that I hoped the owners would have done right. They just went economy for Canada's only PH.

Agreed. The restaurant and event spaces do look good.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:32 pm

Wonder if the suites are the saving grace. We'll see.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Anyone know if all room types will have carpets or if it will be STR Toronto style where suites have hardwood floors? It’s been a decade since the Shangri-la Toronto opened with its beautiful flooring yet decent hotels in this city are still renoing with carpet lol

Also, that bathroom looks ridiculous to me lol
Only the two special suites at StR have wood floors. The other suites which actually comprise almost half the rooms in the hotel are carpeted same as the normal guest rooms.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by hp12c
I'm sure he'll have a trip report on his blog soon (https://princeoftravel.com/blog/). BTW, I have no affiliation with this blogger. Just someone I follow on Instagram.
The blogger in question put up a review: https://princeoftravel.com/blog/revi...hyatt-toronto/ and seems to have enjoyed his stay.

Unfortunately, no pictures of the standard room or suite. He managed to upgrade into a premium 1 bedroom suite. For my personal taste, it looks decidedly just ok.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by illico
The blogger in question put up a review: https://princeoftravel.com/blog/revi...hyatt-toronto/ and seems to have enjoyed his stay.

Unfortunately, no pictures of the standard room or suite. He managed to upgrade into a premium 1 bedroom suite. For my personal taste, it looks decidedly just ok.
A shame about the new water pressure. I remember it being good or fine during my 2015 stay.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:12 pm

I quite liked the look of its old entrance. Shame, but guess it wouldn't fit the modern tower look the new building has.

Shame the rainshower is limited. Really no reason to, given lake ontario.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Can’t imagine using a Cat 6 points redemption on this. The HR is just fine.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfabar1
Can’t imagine using a Cat 6 points redemption on this. The HR is just fine.
The Jdv isn't bad either.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just checked into the PH Toronto yesterday after spending previous 5 nights at The Anndore House (a Hyatt JDV) down the road (which is actually really good).

So far - really great service (expected, I suppose, but it's been a while since I've stayed at a Park). And feels polished considering they've only been open a few weeks. I've found the team to be very genuine and personable, too. In general Toronto is great for this.

Upgraded to a 1 Bedroom Deluxe Corner Suite High Floor at check in when I asked if they had a suite available (on app was only given King Bed High Floor Deluxe). I think this is actually a premium suite and they were being generous. I'm not sure how different this is to the standard suite, the pictures look similar but understand the standard is smaller.

The suite is nice. Good layout, good amenities. Obviously helps that it is new. Nice bath tub. Got a pantry with a dishwasher which I'm not sure on the utility of. Reasonable views. I get the luxury scepticism some of you have a little bit. It's not the PH Tokyo. But it's still a pretty nice suite.

Ordered room service on the first night and I wasn't blown away. I wasn't really looking for the small plates etc which are served downstairs in the restaurant. Wanted a hearty meal of some kind. Could do with some more options. I'd probably order ubereats instead if it wasn't for the embarrassment of going to get it.

Here for a few nights. Happy to snap some shots of rooms/food and find out anything etc if helpful to people here. Going to work out what the breakfast offering for globalists is first!
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Just checked into the PH Toronto yesterday after spending previous 5 nights at The Anndore House (a Hyatt JDV) down the road (which is actually really good).

So far - really great service (expected, I suppose, but it's been a while since I've stayed at a Park). And feels polished considering they've only been open a few weeks. I've found the team to be very genuine and personable, too. In general Toronto is great for this.

Upgraded to a 1 Bedroom Deluxe Corner Suite High Floor at check in when I asked if they had a suite available (on app was only given King Bed High Floor Deluxe). I think this is actually a premium suite and they were being generous. I'm not sure how different this is to the standard suite, the pictures look similar but understand the standard is smaller.

The suite is nice. Good layout, good amenities. Obviously helps that it is new. Nice bath tub. Got a pantry with a dishwasher which I'm not sure on the utility of. Reasonable views. I get the luxury scepticism some of you have a little bit. It's not the PH Tokyo. But it's still a pretty nice suite.

Ordered room service on the first night and I wasn't blown away. I wasn't really looking for the small plates etc which are served downstairs in the restaurant. Wanted a hearty meal of some kind. Could do with some more options. I'd probably order ubereats instead if it wasn't for the embarrassment of going to get it.

Here for a few nights. Happy to snap some shots of rooms/food and find out anything etc if helpful to people here. Going to work out what the breakfast offering for globalists is first!
I'd be interested in seeing the gym and pool please. Globalist breakfast would be great too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.