Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by XUEC
I'm very confused. The WOH CC promotion states: World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night Credits Each Calendar Year: To be eligible for this offer you must apply for the World of Hyatt Credit Card by December 31, 2020. You, as the primary cardmember, will receive 10 World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2020 in your World of Hyatt account within 8 weeks of your World of Hyatt Credit Card account open date and again for 2021 within 8 weeks of January 1, 2021. Every calendar year thereafter, you will receive 5 Tier-Qualifying Night credits within 8 weeks of January 1.

This makes me think my WOH CC will get me 10 nights for 2021. So that puts me at 10/30.

Thanks for clarifying the Bonus Journeys promotion--so that means my 1 night stay in October and 4 night stay upcoming will count as 5 2021 nights total. This brings me to 15/30.

On the MR--
here is what I read on the TPG blog (which I think is usually well-researched:
That same Bonus Journeys promotion that began in October has now been extended through the end of February 2021. That means that stays made from Jan. 1 – Feb. 28, 2021 count double toward 2021 status qualifications. For every one night you spend during the first two months of the year, you’ll earn two toward 2021 elite qualification, so just 15 eligible nights spent at Hyatt properties during that timeframe could shoot you from zero to Hyatt Globalist hero.

Is this flat out wrong? If this is right, I think what I should do is do a 8 night MR in January (still under $600 for Globalist), which would bring me to a total of 31 nights, qualifying for Globalist.

Thoughts appreciated.
based on 10 nights rolled into 2021, and a new application of WoH card gets you another 10 nights, you only need a 5 night stay with a check out Jan 1-feb 28 to make 30 nights.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:31 pm

I'm very confused. The WOH CC promotion states: World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night Credits Each Calendar Year: To be eligible for this offer you must apply for the World of Hyatt Credit Card by December 31, 2020. You, as the primary cardmember, will receive 10 World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2020 in your World of Hyatt account within 8 weeks of your World of Hyatt Credit Card account open date and again for 2021 within 8 weeks of January 1, 2021. Every calendar year thereafter, you will receive 5 Tier-Qualifying Night credits within 8 weeks of January 1.

This makes me think my WOH CC will get me 10 nights for 2021. So that puts me at 10/30.

Thanks for clarifying the Bonus Journeys promotion--so that means my 1 night stay in October and 4 night stay upcoming will count as 5 2021 nights total. This brings me to 15/30.

On the MR--
here is what I read on the TPG blog (which I think is usually well-researched:
That same Bonus Journeys promotion that began in October has now been extended through the end of February 2021. That means that stays made from Jan. 1 – Feb. 28, 2021 count double toward 2021 status qualifications. For every one night you spend during the first two months of the year, you’ll earn two toward 2021 elite qualification, so just 15 eligible nights spent at Hyatt properties during that timeframe could shoot you from zero to Hyatt Globalist hero.

Is this flat out wrong? If this is right, I think what I should do is do a 8 night MR in January (still under $600 for Globalist), which would bring me to a total of 31 nights, qualifying for Globalist.

Thoughts appreciated.
Sorry for quoting myself--for others' benefit, here is the fine print straight from Hyatt: For every Tier-Qualifying Night on stays completed during the Promotion Period, you will earn one Tier-Qualifying Night credit toward elite status in the year in which it was earned and one bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credit toward elite status in 2021. For example, if you stay five qualifying nights during the promotion period in 2020, you’ll earn 5 Tier-Qualifying Night credits in 2020 and 5 bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits (awarded after the Promotion Period ends) that counts toward 2021 activity. If your stay starts during the Promotion Period in 2020 and your checkout date is January 1-4, 2021, your Tier-Qualifying Nights and bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights will all be awarded in 2021.

So to recap--I have 15 qualifying nights for 2021 now (10 from WOH CC and 5 from October+Miami stay in 2020). This, I will need 15 nights to qualify for Globalist. Taking advantage of the Bonus Journeys promotion, I should stay 8 nights in early 2021 to earn 16 nights, thus qualifying for Globalist.

Let me know if that is wrong. If not, thanks for the clarification and education!
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
based on 10 nights rolled into 2021, and a new application of WoH card gets you another 10 nights, you only need a 5 night stay with a check out Jan 1-feb 28 to make 30 nights.
Yes--thank you. However, it makes no sense to do the MR in 2020 given it does not count double for 2021, so instead I will do an 8 night MR in January which will count for 16 qualifying nights. Very complicated but I think I got it!
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
So to recap--I have 15 qualifying nights for 2021 now (10 from WOH CC and 5 from October+Miami stay in 2020). This, I will need 15 nights to qualify for Globalist. Taking advantage of the Bonus Journeys promotion, I should stay 8 nights in early 2021 to earn 16 nights, thus qualifying for Globalist. Let me know if that is wrong. If not, thanks for the clarification and education!
That’s correct! It is indeed an amazing promotion.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Yes--thank you. However, it makes no sense to do the MR in 2020 given it does not count double for 2021, so instead I will do an 8 night MR in January which will count for 16 qualifying nights. Very complicated but I think I got it!
It all depends on the situation.

Here’s what you should factor:

Current Elite Nights for 2020. If you are close to any good Milestones (30+) then staying in 2020 may be worth it.

Rates in December vs. January

Also consider a MR from December into January as that counts double towards 2021 status as well. I’ve found many cheap properties, even in NYC over New Years for really cheap.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
It all depends on the situation.

Here’s what you should factor:

Current Elite Nights for 2020. If you are close to any good Milestones (30+) then staying in 2020 may be worth it.

Rates in December vs. January

Also consider a MR from December into January as that counts double towards 2021 status as well. I’ve found many cheap properties, even in NYC over New Years for really cheap.
Agreed--I haven't done much traveling this year (8 nights in August only) so no sense in trying to level up 2020 awards.

Thinking through this some more, looks like the 10 WOH CC nights also quality for milestone awards, as do the bonus nights from the Bonus Journeys promotion. So if I do the 8 night MR in January, I will also have a total of 31 nights for milestone awards for 2021.

What are your thoughts on doing an additional 15 night MR run in January/February to get to the 60 milestone award? Not counting what I'd already get from the 31 nights to get to Globalist, this is an additional $100 gift card, 1 cat 7 award, and FOUR TSUs (which seems huge to me!) All that for an extra $1,200 or so if I stay in NYC. Thoughts on whether that's worth it?

If I end up doing this I may also go visit a friend elsewhere where there is a cat 1 Hyatt Place etc. and work remotely for 2 weeks, spending a total of 75,000 points, though I'd probably rather spend the cash instead to save the points for a cat 6 or 7 redemption which I could use with my TSUs.

Last edited by XUEC; Dec 3, 2020 at 1:19 am
Old Dec 3, 2020, 1:22 am

Agreed--I haven't done much traveling this year (8 nights in August only) so no sense in trying to level up 2020 awards.

Thinking through this some more, looks like the 10 WOH CC nights also quality for milestone awards, as do the bonus nights from the Bonus Journeys promotion. So if I do the 8 night MR in January, I will also have a total of 31 nights for milestone awards.

What are your thoughts on doing an additional 15 night MR run in January/February to get to the 60 milestone award? Not counting what I'd already get from the 31 nights to get to Globalist, this is an additional $100 gift card, 1 cat 7 award, and FOUR TSUs (which is huge for me!) All that for an extra $1,200 or so if I stay in NYC. Thoughts on whether that's worth it?

If I end up doing this I may also go visit a friend elsewhere where there is a cat 1 Hyatt Place etc. and work remotely for 2 weeks, spending a total of 75,000 points, though I'd probably rather spend the cash instead to save the points for a cat 6 or 7 redemption which I could use with my TSUs. What a fantastic deal...
The 8 from August plus the 5 from Q4 plus the 10 from the WOH CC makes 23 for 2020. Another 7 Nights and you’d earn a Category 1-4 Certificate.

Not only that but your MR in January/February would be a little more pleasant as an Explorist rather than Discoverist.

If you can find a cheap rate (I’ve found $50-$70 a night) I’d do the 7 Nights in 2020 because it’ll likely be cheaper than in January Or February. Not only that but 7 Nights would rollover to 2021, you’d get the Cat 1-4 certificate, you’d have Explorist for your MR and so on.

I’d definitely to an MR in January or February, but don’t go overboard spending $1,200 when you don’t necessarily have to, unless you really want to then sure.

If you did the December MR for 7 Nights to hit 30 for 2020 then you should only need 4 Actual Nights stayed in Jan/Feb because you’d get double.

Just my thoughts.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 2:03 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by lsquare
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say I was a know it all.
I referred to LL and TPG as the bloggers and the "know-it-all"s. sorry if you mis-interpreted.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
I am still confused about the "double" nights credit as reported by TPG and others.

For the sake of simplification, let's say I'm starting with zero nights for the 2021 earning year, and I stay 5 nights during Jan/Feb 2021, is there confirmation that results in credit for 10 elite nights?

The language on Hyatt.com (unless I missed it) does not specifically say this:

Bonus Nights: Tier-Qualifying Nights on stays completed during the Promotion Period will also count as bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2021.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Dec 3, 2020 at 11:26 am Reason: add reference
Old Dec 3, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I am still confused about the "double" nights credit as reported by TPG and others.
For the sake of simplification, let's say I'm starting with zero nights for the 2021 earning year, and I stay 5 nights during Jan/Feb 2021, is there confirmation that results in credit for 10 elite nights?
Bonus Nights: Tier-Qualifying Nights on stays completed during the Promotion Period will also count as bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2021.
In the FAQ they talk about it:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...le-points.html
For every Tier-Qualifying Night on stays completed during the Promotion Period, you will earn one Tier-Qualifying Night credit toward elite status in the year in which it was earned and one bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credit toward elite status in 2021. For example, if you stay five qualifying nights during the promotion period in 2020, you’ll earn 5 Tier-Qualifying Night credits in 2020 and 5 bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits (awarded after the Promotion Period ends) that counts toward 2021 activity. If your stay starts during the Promotion Period in 2020 and your checkout date is January 1-4, 2021, your Tier-Qualifying Nights and bonus Tier-Qualifying Nights will all be awarded in 2021.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer

Yes, Double.

21. If I participate in Bonus Journeys will I be able to earn tier status with even fewer nights stayed in 2021?
Yes, for example, if you are registered for Bonus Journeys and stay 15 qualifying nights between January and February 28, 2021 (checking out on or before February 28, 2021), you will earn 15 Tier-Qualifying Nights for your stay and 15 Tier-Qualifying bonus nights for a total of 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights. These 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights would qualify you for Globalist status in 2021, which is valid through February 28, 2023.”

https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world.../covid-19.html

As the above posters quote pertains to stays starting in December ending in January rather than Jan to Feb this is the most accurate information.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jameswes
In the FAQ they talk about it:
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yes, Double.
THANKS!!!
Old Dec 3, 2020, 11:54 am

Having some... interesting feedback from Hyatt customer service.

So if I stay from December 19 to January 3rd, they're saying that won't be enough for Globalist (30 days) since December 19 to December 31 will count as 12 bonus nights for 2020. So I'd get 3 tier nights for 2021 + 3 bonus nights = 6 total nights.

I thought I'd get the full 15 + 15 days credited to my progress for 2021, meaning this trip would get me globalist until 2023...
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by PilotH
Having some... interesting feedback from Hyatt customer service.

So if I stay from December 19 to January 3rd, they're saying that won't be enough for Globalist (30 days) since December 19 to December 31 will count as 12 bonus nights for 2020. So I'd get 3 tier nights for 2021 + 3 bonus nights = 6 total nights.

I thought I'd get the full 15 + 15 days credited to my progress for 2021, meaning this trip would get me globalist until 2023...
Is it someone that sounds authoritative and informed? Stays have always counted towards the check out date, so either you got a base level know nothing who calculated wrong, or, someone well informed with new information of how they plan to apply promos/credits... which really doesn't seem right in my opinion. They HAVE to give you the bonus points for 2021, and if they don't give you the original stays points until checkout, how are they going to give them to you retroactively? More details on what type of customer service you reached would be ideal.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:25 pm

I used the chat feature in the app, and they definitely didn't seem to be 100% in the know since I had to pull up the offer to begin with for them. I was hoping for something in writing to confirm this, but ended up with that response lol.
That didn't make sense to me either, what use is 13 retroactive nights for 2020 after I check out in 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.