Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Aren't these contradictory?
  • Enjoy Explorist status for 90 days. Note: the 90-day trial period begins when you check out for the first time after registering. Night(s) from the first stay will count in the offer.
  • Stay 10 qualifying nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort within 90 days after registering to maintain
Is it 90 days after the first checkout or within 90 days of registering?
I could register now and not check out until December.
You have 90 days to hit all nights. It starts after first check out.
Stay 10 nights to keep Explorist.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kxc262
You have 90 days to hit all nights. It starts after first check out.
Stay 10 nights to keep Explorist.
Does the first stay count? Say you stayed 2 nights on the first stay.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Does the first stay count? Say you stayed 2 nights on the first stay.
Yes first stay counts. I got credit and others did as well.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...veryone-5.html
Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:08 pm

Once registered there’s no way to track status towards completion online or through the app, correct? Only by manually tracking or calling Hyatt?

Recently signed up for the challenge and have an upcoming stay with points so wanted to make sure points stays count.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by byau15
Once registered there’s no way to track status towards completion online or through the app, correct? Only by manually tracking or calling Hyatt?

Recently signed up for the challenge and have an upcoming stay with points so wanted to make sure points stays count.
Right, there's no tracker. Award nights count.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:55 pm

Ok so earlier today I registered/activated the corporate offer. Confirm I don’t see anything in my online profile or in the app but did call Hyatt and they said they see it on their end. I have the Business Hyatt card that comes with Discoverist and that’s what my status shows, even after registering.

I checked into a Hyatt earlier this evening and my status says Discoverist still. Would I expect to see my status change to Explorist after I check out?
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by byau15
Ok so earlier today I registered/activated the corporate offer. Confirm I don’t see anything in my online profile or in the app but did call Hyatt and they said they see it on their end. I have the Business Hyatt card that comes with Discoverist and that’s what my status shows, even after registering.

I checked into a Hyatt earlier this evening and my status says Discoverist still. Would I expect to see my status change to Explorist after I check out?
Yes.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I will likely not equality this year. Probably end up somewhere between 40-55 nights depending on things. Travel will likely be even less in 2023, so it isn’t a horrible loss.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I will likely not equality this year. Probably end up somewhere between 40-55 nights depending on things. Travel will likely be even less in 2023, so it isn’t a horrible loss.
The chase hyatt biz credit card offers double elite qualifying nights this year. If you have nights planned and are eligible for a chase card, this could bump you up over 60 nights. There is an $199 annual fee but it does come with two $50 on site credits and might be worth it for this year's bonus.

I am pretty maxed out on credit at chase and got approved with a tax id that I had set up a few years ago for my sole proprietor consulting business. Like for example, right now I am consulting with you about how you could qualify for Globalist this year.
bbbb and gudugan like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
No reason to rush into a mattress run unless Vegas is convenient. The chase business card is already running a double credit promo and I predict there will be several more opportunities in the fall. Hyatt shows no signs of wanting to thin the herd.
Any issues booking a 14-day stay in Vegas, flying into Vegas, checking in and then leaving next day? Do they check the room if you're not there? Will housekeeping rat me out? Anything I should know before doing a "14-day mattress run"?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
No reason to rush into a mattress run unless Vegas is convenient. The chase business card is already running a double credit promo and I predict there will be several more opportunities in the fall. Hyatt shows no signs of wanting to thin the herd.
or you applied 3 weeks before the new offer and chase is stubborn to extend it
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by BarryLincoln
Any issues booking a 14-day stay in Vegas, flying into Vegas, checking in and then leaving next day? Do they check the room if you're not there? Will housekeeping rat me out? Anything I should know before doing a "14-day mattress run"?
Hyatt and MGM have both been tightening on their stay policies based on my experience and others.

I definitely wouldn’t recommend doing a 14 night MR at an MGM, likely Excalibur too.

If it’s okay to potentially not get the credit for you then by all means go ahead.

I would definitely recommend doing an MR where you can go in the room, maybe charge a snack or drink a few days into the MR and again a few days later if it’s a longer one.

14 is pretty ballsy as MGM is not Hyatt and they have their own policies and procedures. Where a local Hyatt May be fine with an MR, MGM (or Hyatt’s MGM Liason) may not.

I’d definitely recommend 7 or less if you don’t actually plan to stay in Vegas. If you were staying at another hotel during that stay or nearby vegas where you could come back mid-stay then I’d say shoot for 10. 14 being the maximum allowed without being there for 95% of the nights you may get checked out or not get the credit.

Looking at rates on the low end it’s $50 per night (average, due to weekend prices) so that’s $800ish plus travel costs. If you’re okay with a coin flip of getting credit or not getting credit try it out.

Last edited by Matt4200; Sep 19, 2022 at 8:49 pm
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:56 pm

Anything I should know before doing a "14-day mattress run"?
As with mileage runs, it helps if you actually do the time in the seat/mattress. They aren’t called “cheap pay for status runs”. If you don’t want to actually stay in the hotel consider just MSing Hyatt credit card tier nights.
Matt4200 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:12 am

Sounds extremely risky IMO. I could be wrong but I've heard since the Vegas shooting a few years ago they don't allow rooms to go unopened for several days without a welfare check.

Depending on how badly you need the nights and how far you are from Vegas, you may want to consider multiple trips. Lower your goal to 10 days (friday to week from Sunday) Check in, spend the weekend. Tell the front desk you need to run home for a couple days but do not want to check out, so please leave the room. Then Friday fly back. Sunday you go home and let them check you out in the morning. You spent 4 nights but got 10. Could try for a 3rd weekend if it's worth it to you.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
Sounds extremely risky IMO. I could be wrong but I've heard since the Vegas shooting a few years ago they don't allow rooms to go unopened for several days without a welfare check.

Depending on how badly you need the nights and how far you are from Vegas, you may want to consider multiple trips. Lower your goal to 10 days (friday to week from Sunday) Check in, spend the weekend. Tell the front desk you need to run home for a couple days but do not want to check out, so please leave the room. Then Friday fly back. Sunday you go home and let them check you out in the morning. You spent 4 nights but got 10. Could try for a 3rd weekend if it's worth it to you.
Definitely agree.

I usually book a room at the lowest priced property then check in then I go to Cosmo or Caesars and check in to my “real” room (much higher quality and usually free for 4 nights due to play). On the 2nd or 3rd night I’ll go back to the cheap room take a shower, get ready for the night give it that “lived in” feel, plus the front desk and housekeeping notice in their system when you have gone back to your room due to key card swipes. Not swiping in for 5 days is a red flag. Worst case scenario I’d tell a friend I booked them a free trip to vegas room is covered. They use the room, you get the points if you really need it that bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.