Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mattress Run for Hyatt Globalist in 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Based on some blogs, the double nights for 2020 stays are due to start posting from sometime this week and then biweekly after that.
Since you are on line anyway, I'll ask the stupid question instead of trying to dig out the answer. Since I went into shock when only a single night posted overnight.

I am under the impression the promo was extended and that stays in January and February also count double EQM, and am proceeding to plan short-drive travel or even book mattress runs accordingly. With apologies for asking, am I correct or confused?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by jayer
Since you are on line anyway, I'll ask the stupid question instead of trying to dig out the answer. Since I went into shock when only a single night posted overnight.

I am under the impression the promo was extended and that stays in January and February also count double EQM, and am proceeding to plan short-drive travel or even book mattress runs accordingly. With apologies for asking, am I correct or confused?
Both perhaps :-). But yes, stays through Feb 28 will have the double elite nights.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Thank You

I kind of went paranoid when only a single night posted and was sure I had missed the fine print, and then could not find the promo on the Hyatt site.

For the convenience of anyone who got to the party even later than I did and wants to still jump on the train; I finally found a registration link. Appears you have another week to register.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...le-points.html

I hope there are enough full-serves and resorts that reopen clubs after this is all over to be worth the time and effort.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Just checked and only 10 of 26 bonus nights posted today. That is I had a 26 night stay ending on January 3rd and the base nights posted. So I was expecting another 26 bonus nights to post.
I'll wait and see what others observe and if further adjustments made to my account.

Update: another 10 bonus nights posted in a separate entry. Hopefully the last 6 will post soon.
3rdworldresident likes this.

Last edited by RDUflyer2; Jan 7, 2021 at 11:31 am Reason: update on activity
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
Just checked and only 10 of 26 bonus nights posted today. That is I had a 26 night stay ending on January 3rd and the base nights posted. So I was expecting another 26 bonus nights to post.
I'll wait and see what others observe and if further adjustments made to my account.

Update: another 10 bonus nights posted in a separate entry. Hopefully the last 6 will post soon.
so you have 46 nights now?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:11 pm

I hope there are enough full-serves and resorts that reopen clubs after this is all over to be worth the time and effort.
I'm trying to content myself with the idea that I can always chase great breakfasts the same way I seek out good clubs. I have my summer travel booked in club properties, but I might change things up based on reports as things progress.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2

I would think the 10 nights are from the WOH card. Did you apply for the card in late 2020?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I would think the 10 nights are from the WOH card. Did you apply for the card in late 2020?
Card nights posted for me as two separate 5 night transactions, about 5 days apart.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Card nights posted for me as two separate 5 night transactions, about 5 days apart.
As expected.

I would be surprised if the "Bonus Journeys" double nights for a 26 night stay would post as 10 + 10 +6. That's why I suspect the 10 nights were from the CC rather than Bonus Journeys.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
I'm trying to content myself with the idea that I can always chase great breakfasts the same way I seek out good clubs. I have my summer travel booked in club properties, but I might change things up based on reports as things progress.
I agree with you that a good hotel restaurant breakfast is often better food than the club. But a well-run and pleasantly-hosted club, with even decent food, is a benefit beyond words when you live in business hotels to pay the family bills--which I am thankful to Heaven is no longer my situation. But it was. I haven't forgotten the empty feeling of another table for one after a long day, and hope the clubs return soon for those of you that have to live that life. I was much happier to just eat what was there and not look at another menu, and considered several of the hosts good buddies.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Any sign of double EQNs starting to post?
Yep, 30 double EQN's posted today as well as Globalist to 2023.
BThumme and synergistic like this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Waiting excitedly!
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:58 pm

I haven't forgotten the empty feeling of another table for one after a long day, and hope the clubs return soon for those of you that have to live that life. I was much happier to just eat what was there and not look at another menu, and considered several of the hosts good buddies.
Likewise.

While I generally have no qualms travelling alone, sometimes even prefer it (much as I adore my family, I'm the sort that requires intermittent alone time), I've never really acquired the comfort or appreciation for dining alone. It's something I've done, enjoyed and not have issues doing, but, for me, dining is one of those things where the company makes a significant difference.
24.05.2004 and synergistic like this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Was that for a stay ending in 2020 or 2021?

I had multiple 2020 stays that im expecting points for but no sign of anything yet.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Only 4 of 14 bonus nights just posted to my account a couple of mins ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.