Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt 4Q Mattress Run DO?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Certain Flyertalkers are some of my best, longest-term friends.

I would trust them with my banking login information, to make medical decisions for me, make any travel-related trade with them, etc.

Others, as stated, are some of the biggest crooks I ever met. How I wish I could name them. Meet me in Chicago, get a few beers in me, and I might.
I echo your feelings. Unfortunately FT isn't the place it was 10-20 years ago. Mostly attributed to the popularity of the internet since the early 2000s and the swamp of "nomad members". I have at least 10 FTers I count as my closest friends as have in fact done any of what you said over the years.

And yeah, the second portion of your statement is also true.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Anyone negotiated cheap rates at a Bay Area (CA) property or two for 30 nights?
You're planning to pay for 30 nights at a hotel you won't be staying at? So that means you won't be using your status at all. Why do this in the first place?

I get the point to doing a little top up but this sounds rather misplaced.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Yes. I am working on one near ORD. Gonna be cheap.
Can you share on how to do the negotiation? Does it involve contacting the hotel and not actually staying? If you do not mind sharing. It will be my 1st mattress run. sorry for the ignorance.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by clar1128
Can you share on how to do the negotiation? Does it involve contacting the hotel and not actually staying? If you do not mind sharing. It will be my 1st mattress run. sorry for the ignorance.
Im also interested! I’ve had a few long stays in the past and potentially a few more coming up, but they’ve all just been booked a at publicly available rates. If there’s some “normal” way to negotiate for better rates or terms then that would be very helpful to know about.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
You're planning to pay for 30 nights at a hotel you won't be staying at? So that means you won't be using your status at all. Why do this in the first place?

I get the point to doing a little top up but this sounds rather misplaced.

I'm using a good portion of my stay, but I might chase this promo even if that weren't the case. $2000 for 30,000 points, a $100 gift card, a cat1-4 cert, a cat1-7 cert, four suite upgrade certs, and Globalist until February 2023? I have pretty high hopes for our return to travel - but even if next year is somehow another near total loss, I think I can make it worth my while in just 2022 alone.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I echo your feelings. Unfortunately FT isn't the place it was 10-20 years ago. Mostly attributed to the popularity of the internet since the early 2000s and the swamp of "nomad members". I have at least 10 FTers I count as my closest friends as have in fact done any of what you said over the years.

And yeah, the second portion of your statement is also true.
Lucky you I guess. There are simply way too many bad people out there these days.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 3:20 pm

(Moved to a more appropriate thread)

Last edited by ABQ2ATL; Dec 21, 2020 at 3:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.