Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt 4Q Mattress Run DO?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2020, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I'm usually quick to point out fraud when someone suggests a scheme. I'm certain many people consider me to be a hotel apologist.

What the OP is proposing in this thread isn't fraud.

Since the people involved would actually show up at the hotel to check-in, there's no deception. Departing early without checking out and having a "friend" use the room in some manner isn't fraud unless the hotel in question has strict requirements that say only registered guests are allowed to be in rooms. That sort of scenario wouldn't be in place in a typical US hotel.

That said, I think MSPeconomist's comment regarding trusting a stranger to take care of my hotel room is worth highlighting. To me, it's too much risk.
Indeed. I wouldn't risk it with anyone here.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
considering they don’t really do daily housekeeping anymore and all hotels I’ve been to during covid allows for no housekeeping for at least a week, i don’t think not using the room is going to be a problem during Covid... unless it’s for like 30 nights then they might want to do some health and safety check.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks
considering they don’t really do daily housekeeping anymore and all hotels I’ve been to during covid allows for no housekeeping for at least a week, i don’t think not using the room is going to be a problem during Covid... unless it’s for like 30 nights then they might want to do some health and safety check.
I didn't had a single person entering my room cleaning my room during my pandemic stays. I think the hotel reserves the right to enter the room though.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I didn't had a single person entering my room cleaning my room during my pandemic stays. I think the hotel reserves the right to enter the room though.
Especially after Vegas.

David
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
People should think about whether they want to trust a stranger with their hotel room key. Any damage, theft, or minibar raids (if applicable) would be charged to the room's registered ​​​​​​guest.
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I'm usually quick to point out fraud when someone suggests a scheme. I'm certain many people consider me to be a hotel apologist.

What the OP is proposing in this thread isn't fraud.

Since the people involved would actually show up at the hotel to check-in, there's no deception. Departing early without checking out and having a "friend" use the room in some manner isn't fraud unless the hotel in question has strict requirements that say only registered guests are allowed to be in rooms. That sort of scenario wouldn't be in place in a typical US hotel.

That said, I think MSPeconomist's comment regarding trusting a stranger to take care of my hotel room is worth highlighting. To me, it's too much risk.
I would do it if it were a FlyerTalker I had already met in person, knew e-mail address, home, work, and cell numbers, home and work addresses, and had already established a trusting relationship with.

I used to live across the street from a Hyatt Place. I sometimes was added as an additional guest and checked in with a FlyerTalker who then went back home. I didn't have a TV in my apartment, so it was a fun change of pace for me and my wife.

But sadly there have been many rip-offs between FlyerTalkers, including various "trades", etc. Be careful who you trust.

By the way, I live in Las Vegas and often drive 20 minutes to drop off my wife (she doesn't drive a clutch) at her retail job on Maryland Parkway east of The Strip. (!)
MSPeconomist and lsquare like this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Sep 24, 2020 at 12:05 am
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Did you enjoy the HP breakfast and swimming pool or health club in addition to the TV? That sounds like a mutually beneficial trade, but of course only with people you know and trust.

Right now after more than six months of stay at home and/or work from home orders, just a different space with decent wifi and a desk of some sort would seem like a treat. An enhancement would be TV, mute with closed captioning of course during "work" time. Bonus points if the hotel hasn't removed the coffee maker and is generous with coffee supplies.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Certain Flyertalkers are some of my best, longest-term friends.

I would trust them with my banking login information, to make medical decisions for me, make any travel-related trade with them, etc.

Others, as stated, are some of the biggest crooks I ever met. How I wish I could name them. Meet me in Chicago, get a few beers in me, and I might.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Did you enjoy the HP breakfast and swimming pool or health club in addition to the TV? That sounds like a mutually beneficial trade, but of course only with people you know and trust.
Our apartment complex had a better pool than the Hyatt Place. But yes, I believe we did enjoy breakfast before returning the keycards and "checking out". I may have brought home some soap, shampoo, and conditioner, too.

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

Others, as stated, are some of the biggest crooks I ever met. How I wish I could name them. Meet me in Chicago, get a few beers in me, and I might.
As we know, even FlyerTalk Evangelist status is no guarantee of sanctity. (!)

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Sep 24, 2020 at 11:49 am
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

Right now after more than six months of stay at home and/or work from home orders, just a different space with decent wifi and a desk of some sort would seem like a treat. An enhancement would be TV, mute with closed captioning of course during "work" time. Bonus points if the hotel hasn't removed the coffee maker and is generous with coffee supplies.
Yeah, HP tends to have the older filter coffee makers and isn’t too generous with supplies. Every other brand I’ve stayed with (except JDV) has the K Cup ones and they have no problem sending up huge batches. I called down to ask for some they sent 6 up.

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

I would trust them with my banking login information, to make medical decisions for me, make any travel-related trade with them, etc.

That’d be great to meet someone you could do that with. Would they have to swipe the keycard daily? Seems a little tedious, but every other day wouldn’t be so bad, especially if there’s a pool.

I remember earlier this year I had an “all expenses paid” trip with flights included to “The Bellagio of the South”, Beau Rivage. Stayed the first night then drove to Houston to meet with family for 2 nights, then drove back to stay the last night. No issues with keycard being deactivated, and I’ve received similar offers since so they must not have minded. That’s the only downside to Hyatt/MGM partnership is that their non-Vegas properties don’t count for EQN.

Chicago’s a great city though, tons of Hyatt’s I think I saw the Hyatt by the Medical Center for $52 a night for a weeklong stay. It seems life is going on in Chicago, much more than CA with much more shut down.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
There's no need to have the same debate in two separate threads.

When the T&Cs are released, we'll see whether management (and their lawyers) at Hyatt have realised how dumb it is to award double elite nights, but only to people who check out on 4 specific dates.
So did Hyatt addressed this? I think I saw a post that indicated that they did and so checking out in 2021 doesn't given double EQNs for 2020 and 2021?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
So did Hyatt addressed this? I think I saw a post that indicated that they did and so checking out in 2021 doesn't given double EQNs for 2020 and 2021?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:23 pm

hyatt addressed this in the terms and conditions as well as Hyatt Concierge responses in the main promo thread.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Anyone negotiated cheap rates at a Bay Area (CA) property or two for 30 nights?
Old Dec 9, 2020, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Anyone negotiated cheap rates at a Bay Area (CA) property or two for 30 nights?
Sorry for this question. still learning the mattress run. you can actually negotiate rates with the hotel?
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by clar1128
Sorry for this question. still learning the mattress run. you can actually negotiate rates with the hotel?
Yes. I am working on one near ORD. Gonna be cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.