Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Auckland NZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Auckland NZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:57 am

I was looking at making a booking later this year at this hotel but on the Hyatt website is says that there is a 2% surcharge to use a debit or credit card. This seems to me BS charge but I don't know anything about the property or country so I temporarily withhold judgement. Any way to get this waived, as a globalist or otherwise? (I've noticed a similar surcharge at the Park Hyatt Sydney)

Last edited by illico; Jun 28, 2022 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:04 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by illico
I was looking at making a booking later this year at this hotel but on the Hyatt website is says that there is a 2% surcharge to use a debit or credit card. This seems to me BS charge but I don't know anything about the property or country so I temporarily withhold judgement. Any way to get this waived, as a globalist or otherwise? (I've noticed a similar surcharge at the Park Hyatt Sydney)
Pay cash.

Its all hotels in both countries. Legislation was changed to allow retailers to pass on the cc fees.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Pay cash.

Its all hotels in both countries. Legislation was changed to allow retailers to pass on the cc fees.

Thank you sir!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

It does seem to be a bit greedy as typically I remember 1.5 (though thats more within Australia experience)
with requesting more percentage if American Express or other non preferred card etc
They simply are cutting out all or most of their cc handling expenses
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by illico
Yes, this is becoming common amongst hotels in New Zealand and Australia, and it is not just a Hyatt thing. I doubt you will get it waived as a Globalist but you can always try.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Trying to decide whether to use a TSU here. Does any one have any experiences on whether the Park Suite is any good? The pictures on the site show a harbour view, but the description only mentions a view for the "Harbour Suite".

Also no data points yet on whether the Globalist check in upgrade is any good here.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:12 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gravii
Trying to decide whether to use a TSU here. Does any one have any experiences on whether the Park Suite is any good? The pictures on the site show a harbour view, but the description only mentions a view for the "Harbour Suite".

Also no data points yet on whether the Globalist check in upgrade is any good here.
Email and ask. I thought they were perhaps on the side of the building so some water views, just not full Harbour, but don't quote me.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by gravii

The Park Suites (yellow in the image below) are located on the four corners of the building so not all will have a full harbour view, particularly the one at the top left of the image.
peter42, Zol and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Any experiences
How are the beds here? Soft medium or firm?
Park Hyatt Syd Firm
Hyatt Regency Syd Medium
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Have now stayed here. Excellent hard product, everything still very new as expected. Suites very spacious and have Aesop amenities, mine was facing the harbour. The electronic light and blind control system was a little finicky otherwise worked fine. Breakfast spread was excellent and on par with PH Sydney in terms of a a la carte menu and buffet variety. Pool is excellent - heated and is almost like swimming in a spa.

Soft product needs improvement - most notably during my stay there was a day that staff cleared my dining table of everything during breakfast when I had got up to go to the buffet. This included a bowl of uneaten fruit and yoghurt, and all cutlery.

Can't particularly comment on the bed here. As mentioned in the HR Brisbane thread, I'm not terribly fussy on beds so all I can mentioned is that it's fine and I slept very well.
minz56 and iluvdoco like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:58 pm

Love this hotel. It is always puts a smile on my face when I am greeted by Beau. Service is absolutely superb.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:50 am

How is the food other than breakfast? The online menu looks a little limited for dinner as well as somewhat quirky.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Currently staying at this property (1 night).

Hard product is outstanding - the rooms are spacious, excellent water pressure in the shower, high quality fixtures. As others have noted the light control system is a bit tricky but trial and error soon sorts it out. Probably helps if you aren't on the sauce before you get back to your room late at night.

No issues with the soft product so far - service generally excellent. Fast responses from housekeeping when required late at night.

Breakfast was great - somewhat wasted on me as I'm a continental person - but the buffet selection was good and the menu seemed appropriate for those taking a larger breakfast.

I was a bit worried about the location but there's plenty nearby (Countdown supermarket, coffee shops, restaurants, ATM, etc). The in-house coffee shop is superb with a great range of pastries and good quality leaf tea.

The pool is a bit warm for lap swimming but a great length (25m) and the deck is well shaded throughout the day. No wind breaks however so on a windy day the deck will be COLD.

9/10 would return - on the expensive side but then so is everything in New Zealand right now.
3rdworldresident and minz56 like this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
First time staying in a Park Hyatt and at this location. Do PH not usually have a club lounge for Globalist? Not seeing this information in any of the reviews.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 4:20 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pichalite
First time staying in a Park Hyatt and at this location. Do PH not usually have a club lounge for Globalist? Not seeing this information in any of the reviews.
The lounges at MEL, CBR and HAM no longer exist therefore no PHs have lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.