Work from Hyatt

Old Aug 25, 20, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Work from Hyatt

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/work-from-hyatt.html?src=wohoffers_email_WFH2008_USCAC_ENG_2 0200825_MainCTA_MC000000260000000453A000011036ENG_ 519634584L_000008295

Didn't see this mentioned, wish they had this going when I was at the lost pines a week ago. Would love to hear of anyone's experience using these rates as a globalist.
Old Aug 26, 20, 1:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got an email on this today, but couldn't figure out what it was about beyond the idea that one could stay in a Hyatt and do work, just like I always do. Maybe it's oriented toward work from home people who don't normally do any business travel.
Old Aug 26, 20, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Maybe it's oriented toward work from home people who don't normally do any business travel.
That's what this is. I have no clue what the email says, but it's pretty clear on the webpage posted by ZBigFam. Here's some of the text from that page (emphasis mine):

"Transform your work from home routine into a memorable working vacation. Abundant outdoor spaces and spacious guestrooms and suites let the family spread out. Private work areas and high-speed internet make remote work and school a breeze."

Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
Didn't see this mentioned, wish they had this going when I was at the lost pines a week ago. Would love to hear of anyone's experience using these rates as a globalist.
Like many hotel promotions (all brands, not just Hyatt), they sound a lot better than they turn out to be.

I picked the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa, which is driving distance from me. Using a randomly chosen week in September, I got the following rates:
  • Best Rate (pay now, 24-hour cancel for refund): $187 plus resort fee of $33 = $220
  • Work from Hyatt: (24-hour cancel): $264 with waived resort fee and $50/day in food and beverage credits
So, you can save about $6 with the Work from Hyatt package. But, that only happens if you use the entire credit every day.

Of course, maybe I chose a hotel that doesn't have a good deal. Perhaps other hotels on the list are better bargains.
Old Aug 26, 20, 7:10 am

So, it's not a staycation...it's a workcation.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Aug 26, 20, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
It makes sense to me. With WFH, you can theoretically work from anywhere.

Depending on property, it may or may not be a good deal. At HR Huntington Beach, it was a good deal for $279 night, only $27 over the member rate. By contrast, at PH Aviara it was still >$450/night. Good luck with that. I foresee another delayed reopening for that property due to lack of bookings.
Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post
I picked the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa, which is driving distance from me. Using a randomly chosen week in September, I got the following rates:
  • Best Rate (pay now, 24-hour cancel for refund): $187 plus resort fee of $33 = $220
  • Work from Hyatt: (24-hour cancel): $264 with waived resort fee and $50/day in food and beverage credits
So, you can save about $6 with the Work from Hyatt package. But, that only happens if you use the entire credit every day.
It also includes free parking. So the savings are higher than that.

In the example above at HR Huntington Beach, the savings would be at least $87 per night.
Old Aug 26, 20, 7:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Except so many Hyatts have gone away from the desks and proper sitting chairs. You'll end up working on a slab under the TV or at a dining table.
EuropeanPete and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Aug 26, 20, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
It also includes free parking.
I get that at home.
yosithezet likes this.
Old Aug 26, 20, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by BearX220 View Post
I get that at home.
This offer is for people who would like to work somewhere other than their homes.
Old Aug 26, 20, 10:49 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The offer is somewhat appealing; since March, my "office" has been the counter of our kitchen, so a change of scenery would be nice. It would also nice to work in a location that had appealing (and safe) dining options (I'm not that interested in al fresco dining in the middle of Second Avenue in Manhattan). The free parking would be nice as I would likely be travelling by car.
Kacee and ZBigFam like this.
Old Aug 26, 20, 10:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
Wonder what if any tax break one might be able to claim...?
Old Aug 26, 20, 12:46 pm

I wish they would waive the pet fee on this rate. That would make things much more alluring if I could leave home for a week AND not have to worry about getting a sitter for my dog.
Old Aug 26, 20, 7:47 pm

It also includes free parking. So the savings are higher than that.

In the example above at HR Huntington Beach, the savings would be at least $87 per night.
For the property I quoted, parking is included in the resort fee. So, it doesn't factor in the cost analysis.

But, it does seem like I chose a hotel that wasn't doing much to entice people via this promotion. I'm glad there are at least some hotels out there where this offer becomes a better deal.
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 31, 20, 9:35 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, HGP Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott, CC Gold, SPG
I'm still finding better rates through AAA at almost all Hyatts through December 20th. Wish they would extend the off through Christmas.
Old Aug 31, 20, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Ashasan2005 View Post
I'm still finding better rates through AAA at almost all Hyatts through December 20th.
AAA rate doesn't include $50 per day credit, resort fee waiver, or parking.
Old Aug 31, 20, 12:34 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AAA rate doesn't include $50 per day credit, resort fee waiver, or parking.
Globs are exempt from resort fees and currently parking fees. This includes AAA etc. rates booked through Hyatt.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: