Wiki Posts
Search

extending suite upgrade awards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United
extending suite upgrade awards

i have 4 suite upgrade award certificates expiring on feb 2021. i was wondering if anyone had any luck extending these certs until the end of 2021? i won't be able to travel at all this year.

thanks
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by computerguy
i have 4 suite upgrade award certificates expiring on feb 2021. i was wondering if anyone had any luck extending these certs until the end of 2021? i won't be able to travel at all this year.

thanks
No luck and I wouldn’t hold my breath on an extension.

It’s possible Hyatt may give points for expired ones as they do with Category Certificates.

But for the time being I believe they’re just pushing people to use then up between now and February 2021.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by computerguy

thanks
I thought these were all extended to the end of next year?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:00 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Marevna
I thought these were all extended to the end of next year?
Only awards with an expiration date in 2020 were extended to 31 December 2021. Awards expiring in 2021 are unchanged, as of now.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I have to think that towards the end of the year they will extend certificates expiring in early 2021 as well. If I had to make a guess... in November they'll extend early 2021 certs (including TSU) by 6 months.
computerguy and ryandc99 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
I have to think that towards the end of the year they will extend certificates expiring in early 2021 as well. If I had to make a guess... in November they'll extend early 2021 certs (including TSU) by 6 months.
I feel like due to the current 3x promo A LOT more people are staying at Hyatt. They’re likely going to run another great promo in Q4 as well drawing tons of people in.

Considering that they may not be extending them and they may just expire. Just saying be prepared if they don’t do any further extensions. Hope for the best, but expect the worst.
computerguy and CIT85 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 9:21 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
I was going to make a post about this. I only have two upgrades left.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I feel like due to the current 3x promo A LOT more people are staying at Hyatt. They’re likely going to run another great promo in Q4 as well drawing tons of people in.

Considering that they may not be extending them and they may just expire. Just saying be prepared if they don’t do any further extensions. Hope for the best, but expect the worst.
Where are they supposed to stay? Or travel in the first place?
computerguy likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Where are they supposed to stay? Or travel in the first place?
In July/August I have 10 nights Between Orange County (CA) and San Diego (CA).

Late August - 5 Nights in Utah

September (1st thru 15th) - 6 Nights Between Portland and Seattle.

The majority of Hyatt properties are open now so OP shouldn’t have an issue finding a place to stay. As far as where to go I’d say go anywhere except Arizona, Texas and Florida.

Visit Alaska, Utah, Beaver Creek Colorado, Seattle, Portland, Nantucket, Tennessee. There’s plenty of places to go and have new experiences.

I just did a 4 night stay at MGM in Las Vegas it was packed, and now everyone is required to where a mask indoors (in public places). Which to me isn’t an issue but a lot of people were irritated by it. Plus there’s the 115 degree heat so probably wouldn’t recommend Vegas, unless you’re a heavy gambler.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: AA UA DL CO NW HH SPG
Customer service pulled “wrong” certificate

Pardon if this was discussed elsewhere before.

So I made a booking on hyatt.com and then called customer service to upgrade it to a suite (which was available). However instead of redeeming one of my suite upgrades that expire on Feb-2021 they took an upgrade which expires on Feb-2022.

How can I get this changed? Contact the hotel or customer service?
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Senoir flyer

So I made a booking on hyatt.com and then called customer service to upgrade it to a suite (which was available). However instead of redeeming one of my suite upgrades that expire on Feb-2021 they took an upgrade which expires on Feb-2022.

A quick call, or email, to customer service should resolve it.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the date of the stay?
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist

Originally Posted by TerryK
A quick call, or email, to customer service should resolve it.
This should be a quick and easy fix by calling. I had a free night cert pulled with 4/21 expiration instead on 1/21 exp. A quick call to Hyatt customer service changed the free night award certs. This was accomplished a few days before the stay.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CIT85
........This was accomplished a few days before the stay.
Easily resolved before stay, next to impossible after stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.