Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Food & Beverage credit in lieu of lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

At the Grand Hyatt in ATL. Because the lounge is closed, they give $25 credit toward lunch/dinner or the bar per day. Plus unlimited coffee/tea/soda/water.

I did not see this online or on my confirmation, and was glad to be informed.

Front desk clerk said she thinks it varies by property. So do not forget to ask!
mile ho likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been offered coupons for free drinks and appetizers in the restaurant at some domestic HRs when the lounge is temporarily closed. It's a very nice gesture, but unfortunately most hotels don't do this. In a few places, it might help to be a repeat guest at the property or to ask (of course as a Glob).
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:56 pm

I got $25 credit per day for marketplace at HR Coconut Point last week. It was a chit though, so you had to you all $25 at one time.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:19 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's more useful if the hotel does this as a $25 X number of nights credit, so that you could for example spend $40 the first night and $10 the next day.

I like it when the coupons are clear about whether the tip is included or not.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any thoughts/experiences with Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego’s Club Lounge being closed if they offer any type of daily credit?
Old Jul 26, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Any thoughts/experiences with Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego’s Club Lounge being closed if they offer any type of daily credit?
Closed until August 6th so no COVID data points until then.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dpb132
Closed until August 6th so no COVID data points until then.
Hopefully someone will post a DP then I have a stay there late August. I know the lounge will definitely be closed, but hopefully they’re offering a daily credit towards something that is open from lunch/dinner along with free drinks throughout the day as some are. IME Manchester’s Club Lounge was the best in the US.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Just reporting no offer like this at HR Dulles Airport - and I didn't think to ask (I'm out of practice dealing with hotels...lol).
Only provided Glob benefit was free breakfast - to be ordered the night before & picked up by guest at front desk. Included standard options - eggs & meat, or pancakes, or oatmeal, or 2x breakfast sandwiches. I didn't ask if I could order multiple options (probably could have?). I was out early each morning going to a golf event. So just ate & went.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 7:37 am

That sounds like a very good grab and go offering and the advance order allows them to do a variety of hot food without having a bunch of people standing around together waiting for it.

Is this a place where (inside) restaurants are closed except for pick up and delivery? Also, is the hotel currently doing room service, so that the "get it yourself" procedure is a way to cut costs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.