Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best use of WoH Points for a secluded beach vacation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best use of WoH Points for a secluded beach vacation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Go to the Park Hyatt Maldives anyway. You won't regret it.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Puerto Plata (dominican republic)

Had a nice stay at Casa Colonial in Puerto Plata. A small hotel consists of only 50 rooms.
part of SLH network.
nice beach, great service, and good food (à la carte)
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies
I can confirm the Zyva Cancun is not what I'm looking for, as it's not quite secluded enough (or at all).
I'm really having second thoughts about PH Maldives. I just feel like a few days there in a beach villa, no pool, no over water villa will be really frustrating. And really scared of all the extra cost...

Will consider Viet Nam too!
gspurr likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:54 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gspurr
One more note. I haven't stayed at the PH St. Kitts but I did go to St. Kitts and Nevis for my honeymoon and loved these islands. The PH there would certainly be secluded.
We're headed to the PH St Kitts in a few months. Rates, at least for the time we're there, are very low and currently there's a 5th night free promo. I was seeing rates just over $300 for the base level room and under $500 for the Nevis Peak and Park Executive Suites. At 30k points per night, it would be a very poor redemption value.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Benjh
I'm really having second thoughts about PH Maldives. I just feel like a few days there in a beach villa, no pool, no over water villa will be really frustrating.
I promise you they will not be frustrating.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr

As for Ziva and Zilara, I seriously doubt you’ve been to either of them, either, but to call them “party” resorts is also inaccurate and misleading. The average age at Zilara is probably 50+..... and most are in bed by 10.

I base my Ziva/Zilara comments on 10+ visits over the past two years.
Yeah, whether it fits your definition of "party" or not, based on the original post, I don't think he's looking to share a hot tub with 12 Americans drinking bad margaritas.
gspurr likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by SamOF
Yeah, whether it fits your definition of "party" or not, based on the original post, I don't think he's looking to share a hot tub with 12 Americans drinking bad margaritas.
Obviously you haven’t been there. The margaritas are quite good and it’s never crowded.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Obviously you haven’t been there. The margaritas are quite good and it’s never crowded.
I agree that I haven't been there and I don't know, but my preconceived notion of an all-inclusive in Cancun is generally that it's not the place for me. But maybe I need to check it out.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Benjh
Thank you all for your replies
I can confirm the Zyva Cancun is not what I'm looking for, as it's not quite secluded enough (or at all).
I'm really having second thoughts about PH Maldives. I just feel like a few days there in a beach villa, no pool, no over water villa will be really frustrating. And really scared of all the extra cost...

Will consider Viet Nam too!
I've been to almost every Hyatt-branded beach resort worth going (not the SLH ones). and I can tell you that PH Maldives is *by far* the best fitting place to go to if you have "secluded beach vacation" in mind. Especially if you've never been to the Maldives before.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's absolutely worth it. Nothing else will come close on points.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: Southwest, AA, Starwood, MR
Benjh - Where did you end up going, or did COVID ruin your plans? I'm based on the East Coast of the US but thinking through a similar question for a milestone birthday trip this year. I'm considering PH St. Kitts and Andaz Mayacoba along with some of the AI's, but currently have 3 nights booked on points on Calala Island. I'm really hoping we're able to keep that booking (COVID calms down and AA doesn't cancel our flights)!
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Hi there. Yes Covid did ruin my plans.
im actually taking this trip finally in a bit more than a month. I have up on a truly secluded beach vacation and will go to Cabo. I might wait another ten years to head to the Maldives when I know I’ll be able to enjoy it fully (unless the world has collapsed by then!).
As for Calala, I’ve changed my mind. It’s too far, and some bad reviews have changed my mind. Let us know if you end up going!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.