Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

This location does not participate in World of Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This location does not participate in World of Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:36 pm

You can definitely earn points at Suncadia.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by mayday23
I just stayed here and confirm they participate. Globalist brekkie was solid.
Hi Mayday23,
We are planning to stay at Wild Dunes resort with Work from Hotel package in Feb. Were you offered any upgrades, how is Globalist treatment in general.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
You can definitely earn points at Suncadia.
Yep, that has changed since my original post. I think it just took them a bit longer to onboard this property. I stayed in September and did earn points although it took quite awhile to get them. After a month, i contacted my concierge and she was able to get the points and night credits posted immediately.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker
Yep, that has changed since my original post. I think it just took them a bit longer to onboard this property. I stayed in September and did earn points although it took quite awhile to get them. After a month, i contacted my concierge and she was able to get the points and night credits posted immediately.
What was the Globalist breakfast at Suncadia?

I also found this chart online that shows benefits at Destination Hotels: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ew-brands.html
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skj
There is currently a list of 9 properties, including the 2 you mentioned, that do not participate. You do not earn points or nights at those properties or receive any WoH benefits.

The full list (as of the 5 December 2019 version of the T&Cs) is
  • The Cranwell Golf & Spa Resort
  • Alila Purnama
  • Wild Dunes Resort
  • Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort
  • Sunriver Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Sunriver Resort
  • Suncadia Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Suncadia Resort
  • Snowmass Luxury Homes by Destination Residences Snowmass
That's an outdated list, many of these properties have since changed their flag and started to provide benefits. Rule of thumb is to not expect any benefits until the property is branded and that particular brand promises benefits.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
What was the Globalist breakfast at Suncadia?

I also found this chart online that shows benefits at Destination Hotels: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ew-brands.html
Our Globalist breakfast was ordered off the menu at Portals in the main lodge building.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by easygoing77
Hi Mayday23,
We are planning to stay at Wild Dunes resort with Work from Hotel package in Feb. Were you offered any upgrades, how is Globalist treatment in general.
Thanks in advance.
I don't think I was treated differently as a Globalist. We got the welcome Globalist at checkin and I didn't see much difference after that.

Granted we spent ~$60/day for breakfast that was comped, got the free bike rental and the $50 daily credit as part of WFH. I did complain about our "Ocean View" room that i disagreed with and we got $$ taken off our stay. I don't know if that was because i was globalist or that we stayed 20 days or just their standard business practice.

I did push back pre-stay on getting a "Work area" and they said that since they already negotiated a reduced rate for a 2 bedroom stay that they wouldn't give me a 3rd bedroom for free. Offered to put me in a conference room and wasn't a big deal for me as the 2 bedroom apartment was big enough for my wife, kid and I.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
That's an outdated list, many of these properties have since changed their flag and started to provide benefits. Rule of thumb is to not expect any benefits until the property is branded and that particular brand promises benefits.
I don't think that these properties have actually changed flags/brands, aside from being merged into Hyatt. They were mostly Destination Resorts then as they are now. The issue is that particular brand does not have consistent benefits...

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ew-brands.html
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by mayday23
I don't think I was treated differently as a Globalist. We got the welcome Globalist at checkin and I didn't see much difference after that.

Granted we spent ~$60/day for breakfast that was comped, got the free bike rental and the $50 daily credit as part of WFH. I did complain about our "Ocean View" room that i disagreed with and we got $$ taken off our stay. I don't know if that was because i was globalist or that we stayed 20 days or just their standard business practice.

I did push back pre-stay on getting a "Work area" and they said that since they already negotiated a reduced rate for a 2 bedroom stay that they wouldn't give me a 3rd bedroom for free. Offered to put me in a conference room and wasn't a big deal for me as the 2 bedroom apartment was big enough for my wife, kid and I.
Thank you for the update.
Really torn between choosing Resort vs vacation rentals.
I see vacation rentals are close to the beach, from looks of it have better ocean view. But I read reviews complaining about Wifi quality at vacation rentals.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by easygoing77
Thank you for the update.
Really torn between choosing Resort vs vacation rentals.
I see vacation rentals are close to the beach, from looks of it have better ocean view. But I read reviews complaining about Wifi quality at vacation rentals.
They offered to move us from our resort to a vacation rental. Each of the vacation rentals can be completely different. The one they showed us was spitting distance to the beach which I loved. The property was very worn and just look dirty. I could've stayed, but my wife and daughter did not like it. Our resort 2 bedroom was pristine and looked like it was built a year ago. At our time (NOV) there was only the one restaurant open daily and the vacation rental was a good mile from it. Our resort place was a 2 min walk and that was a factor as well.

Just make sure you get photos of the specific vacation rental property they have available. Their customer service team over the phone is great and patient.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
According to the Hyatt website, both Wild Dunes Resort and their Vacation rentals provide Globalist breakfast benefit from March 13, 2020.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
It would be nice to have a current list of which hotels do not participate in WOH.
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:47 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Bumping this thread, apparently there were more properties not participating?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Bumping this thread, apparently there were more properties not participating?

The hotels below is the list of Destination Residences that do NOT participate;• Puunoa Beach Estates;

• Mauna Lani Luxury Vacation Villas;

• Mauna Lani Beach Club;

• Mauna Lani Point;

• The Islands at Mauna Lani;

• Wailea Beach Villas;

• Polo Beach Club, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Makena Surf A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Wailea Point, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Terracehouse, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Shadowbrook, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Top of the Village, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Interlude, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Tamarack Townhomes, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Countryside at Snowmass, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Vantage Point, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Westwind, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Vail 21, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Enzian, A Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Kauai Luxury Vacation Villas;

• Ho’Olei;

• Wild Dunes Resort – Residences at Sweetgrass Inn;

• Wild Dunes Resort Vacation Rentals;

• Snowmass Homes Collection, a Destination by Hyatt Residence;

• Vacation Homes at Suncadia Resort
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:44 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I know DH don't participate, but are there any non-DHs enforcing this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.