FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   This location does not participate in World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2006007-location-does-not-participate-world-hyatt.html)

Alpinetrekker Jan 24, 2020 8:29 am

This location does not participate in World of Hyatt

I've come across two properties now, Suncadia in central WA and Wild Dunes Resort in South Carolina, that have this disclaimer when trying to book "This location does not participate in World of Hyatt". I know there are other properties that do not provide Globalist benefits, but do these two properties not even earn points or night credits?

skj Jan 24, 2020 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker (Post 31989567)
I've come across two properties now, Suncadia in central WA and Wild Dunes Resort in South Carolina, that have this disclaimer when trying to book "This location does not participate in World of Hyatt". I know there are other properties that do not provide Globalist benefits, but do these two properties not even earn points or night credits?

There is currently a list of 9 properties, including the 2 you mentioned, that do not participate. You do not earn points or nights at those properties or receive any WoH benefits.

The full list (as of the 5 December 2019 version of the T&Cs) is
  • The Cranwell Golf & Spa Resort
  • Alila Purnama
  • Wild Dunes Resort
  • Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort
  • Sunriver Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Sunriver Resort
  • Suncadia Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Suncadia Resort
  • Snowmass Luxury Homes by Destination Residences Snowmass

Alpinetrekker Jan 24, 2020 8:58 am

That seems a little troubling to me. If they do not at least earn points/credits, why are they featured on Hyatt's website? Sunriver Resort for example does not show up on Hyatt.com, but it is on the Destination website.

cvseuy Jan 24, 2020 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker (Post 31989692)
That seems a little troubling to me. If they do not at least earn points/credits, why are they featured on Hyatt's website? Sunriver Resort for example does not show up on Hyatt.com, but it is on the Destination website.

I think since the Two Roads acquisition, which includes Destination Hotels, hotels show up on Hyatt.com due to the booking/reservations system now being handled by Hyatt. This doesn't mean they are part of WoH and they usually make sure to notify us on the hotel page. It just looks like Sunriver Resort didn't move their reservations system to Hyatt, due to unknown reasons.

There are plenty of other Two Roads properties that don't fully support WoH benefits or earn credits/points. I agree its a little confusing when you see this on Hyatt.com

Another situation is that there are several properties that do show up on Hyatt.com, but they are still in the phase of being integrated into WoH. They notify on the hotel page if they are participating within WoH

jchiguy1 Jan 24, 2020 1:59 pm

The Ambassador (East), fabled Chicago Hotel, also makes an appearance on the website, though it too does not participate in WOH at this time. I’d be thrilled if it does indeed join the program, as it would be a great addition to the Hyatt Chicago portfolio. It would also be an excellent staycation hotel for me and an ideal place to use Guest of Honor for relatives and friends coming to visit.

bcosinteno Jan 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by jchiguy1 (Post 31990910)
The Ambassador (East), fabled Chicago Hotel, also makes an appearance on the website, though it too does not participate in WOH at this time. I’d be thrilled if it does indeed join the program, as it would be a great addition to the Hyatt Chicago portfolio. It would also be an excellent staycation hotel for me and an ideal place to use Guest of Honor for relatives and friends coming to visit.

From a call I had last week, it is joining the Joie de Vivre brand and will participate in WOH within the next 1-2 months.

zack14 Jan 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by skj (Post 31989642)
There is currently a list of 9 properties, including the 2 you mentioned, that do not participate. You do not earn points or nights at those properties or receive any WoH benefits.

The full list (as of the 5 December 2019 version of the T&Cs) is
  • The Cranwell Golf & Spa Resort
  • Alila Purnama
  • Wild Dunes Resort
  • Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort
  • Sunriver Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Sunriver Resort
  • Suncadia Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Suncadia Resort
  • Snowmass Luxury Homes by Destination Residences Snowmass

why don't they participate in World of Hyatt?

txhyattlvr Jan 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by zack14 (Post 31991594)
why don't they participate in World of Hyatt?

Because it costs $$$. All Hyatt properties pay a fee or % of revenue to participate in WOH. Many people don't understand how the hotel business actually works: NONE of these hotels are owned by Hyatt (or operated by Hyatt) they are independently owned properties affiliated with Two Roads Hospitality (essentially, a reservations system) that was acquired by Hyatt. Their respective contracts w/Two Roads apparently did not obligate them to participate in a merger, and they have chosen not to... I suspect they will all soon either leave Hyatt all together or join Hyatt completely (and participate in WOH) within the next year or so.

stvr Jan 25, 2020 1:59 am

Alila Purnama, it should be noted, is a sailboat.

LondonElite Jan 25, 2020 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker (Post 31989692)

Sometimes it’s not about the points. Don’t let the tail wag the dog.

cfabar1 Dec 31, 2020 2:02 pm

Does Wild Dunes still not participate? They are listed as a Destination Hotels. Has the situation been rectified?

Hydro88 Dec 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by stvr (Post 31992422)
Alila Purnama, it should be noted, is a sailboat.

It's one of the nicest diving liveaboards in the world! :) It's too bad it doesn't participate in WoH...

59Impala Dec 31, 2020 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1 (Post 32927245)
Does Wild Dunes still not participate? They are listed as a Destination Hotels. Has the situation been rectified?

they joined March 13, 2020 as per the list of participating hotels.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ew-brands.html

mayday23 Jan 1, 2021 11:16 am

Originally Posted by cfabar1 (Post 32927245)

I just stayed here and confirm they participate. Globalist brekkie was solid.

tonysmom Jan 13, 2021 5:07 pm

Are most onsite restaurants open now?