Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

This location does not participate in World of Hyatt

This location does not participate in World of Hyatt

Old Jan 24, 20, 9:29 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, MR Gold
Posts: 4
This location does not participate in World of Hyatt

I've come across two properties now, Suncadia in central WA and Wild Dunes Resort in South Carolina, that have this disclaimer when trying to book "This location does not participate in World of Hyatt". I know there are other properties that do not provide Globalist benefits, but do these two properties not even earn points or night credits?
Alpinetrekker is offline  
Old Jan 24, 20, 9:48 am
  #2  
skj
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 982
Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker View Post
I've come across two properties now, Suncadia in central WA and Wild Dunes Resort in South Carolina, that have this disclaimer when trying to book "This location does not participate in World of Hyatt". I know there are other properties that do not provide Globalist benefits, but do these two properties not even earn points or night credits?
There is currently a list of 9 properties, including the 2 you mentioned, that do not participate. You do not earn points or nights at those properties or receive any WoH benefits.

The full list (as of the 5 December 2019 version of the T&Cs) is
  • The Cranwell Golf & Spa Resort
  • Alila Purnama
  • Wild Dunes Resort
  • Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort
  • Sunriver Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Sunriver Resort
  • Suncadia Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Suncadia Resort
  • Snowmass Luxury Homes by Destination Residences Snowmass
skj is offline  
Old Jan 24, 20, 9:58 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, MR Gold
Posts: 4
That seems a little troubling to me. If they do not at least earn points/credits, why are they featured on Hyatt's website? Sunriver Resort for example does not show up on Hyatt.com, but it is on the Destination website.
Alpinetrekker is offline  
Old Jan 24, 20, 10:11 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: BOS
Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker View Post
That seems a little troubling to me. If they do not at least earn points/credits, why are they featured on Hyatt's website? Sunriver Resort for example does not show up on Hyatt.com, but it is on the Destination website.
I think since the Two Roads acquisition, which includes Destination Hotels, hotels show up on Hyatt.com due to the booking/reservations system now being handled by Hyatt. This doesn't mean they are part of WoH and they usually make sure to notify us on the hotel page. It just looks like Sunriver Resort didn't move their reservations system to Hyatt, due to unknown reasons.

There are plenty of other Two Roads properties that don't fully support WoH benefits or earn credits/points. I agree its a little confusing when you see this on Hyatt.com

Another situation is that there are several properties that do show up on Hyatt.com, but they are still in the phase of being integrated into WoH. They notify on the hotel page if they are participating within WoH
writerguyfl likes this.

Last edited by cvseuy; Jan 24, 20 at 10:32 am
cvseuy is offline  
Old Jan 24, 20, 2:59 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
Posts: 846
The Ambassador (East), fabled Chicago Hotel, also makes an appearance on the website, though it too does not participate in WOH at this time. Iíd be thrilled if it does indeed join the program, as it would be a great addition to the Hyatt Chicago portfolio. It would also be an excellent staycation hotel for me and an ideal place to use Guest of Honor for relatives and friends coming to visit.
jchiguy1 is offline  
Old Jan 24, 20, 5:41 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 456
Originally Posted by jchiguy1 View Post
The Ambassador (East), fabled Chicago Hotel, also makes an appearance on the website, though it too does not participate in WOH at this time. Iíd be thrilled if it does indeed join the program, as it would be a great addition to the Hyatt Chicago portfolio. It would also be an excellent staycation hotel for me and an ideal place to use Guest of Honor for relatives and friends coming to visit.
From a call I had last week, it is joining the Joie de Vivre brand and will participate in WOH within the next 1-2 months.
bcosinteno is online now  
Old Jan 24, 20, 6:38 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by skj View Post
There is currently a list of 9 properties, including the 2 you mentioned, that do not participate. You do not earn points or nights at those properties or receive any WoH benefits.

The full list (as of the 5 December 2019 version of the T&Cs) is
  • The Cranwell Golf & Spa Resort
  • Alila Purnama
  • Wild Dunes Resort
  • Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort
  • Sunriver Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Sunriver Resort
  • Suncadia Resort
  • Vacation Homes at Suncadia Resort
  • Snowmass Luxury Homes by Destination Residences Snowmass
why don't they participate in World of Hyatt?
zack14 is offline  
Old Jan 24, 20, 6:57 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: TX
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Premier Silver, Spirit Lover
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by zack14 View Post
why don't they participate in World of Hyatt?
Because it costs $$$. All Hyatt properties pay a fee or % of revenue to participate in WOH. Many people don't understand how the hotel business actually works: NONE of these hotels are owned by Hyatt (or operated by Hyatt) they are independently owned properties affiliated with Two Roads Hospitality (essentially, a reservations system) that was acquired by Hyatt. Their respective contracts w/Two Roads apparently did not obligate them to participate in a merger, and they have chosen not to... I suspect they will all soon either leave Hyatt all together or join Hyatt completely (and participate in WOH) within the next year or so.
txhyattlvr is offline  
Old Jan 25, 20, 2:59 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SJC/BUR
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Posts: 515
Alila Purnama, it should be noted, is a sailboat.
EuropeanPete and MSPeconomist like this.
stvr is offline  
Old Jan 25, 20, 3:11 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Posts: 24,532
Originally Posted by Alpinetrekker View Post
That seems a little troubling to me. If they do not at least earn points/credits, why are they featured on Hyatt's website? Sunriver Resort for example does not show up on Hyatt.com, but it is on the Destination website.
Sometimes itís not about the points. Donít let the tail wag the dog.
LondonElite is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: