Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Redemption chart: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html

To view the award calendar for any Hyatt property, go to the Hyatt global map and search for, click on, or zoom in on the property or region of interest. In the alternative, start the booking process; once you've narrowed the selection to an individual property, you should see a link to the points calendar directly beneath the link to the hotel website. Note that calendars do not indicate (un)availability on any given date.
  • Hyatt appears to have updated its systems to display calendar links for nearly all properties. (Immediately after rollout, coverage was notably incomplete.) If for some reason the property you're interested in does not have a points calendar link, use a URL of the form https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels/rate-calendar?spiritCode=XYZZY, where XYZZY is the hotel's five-letter code. (Codes are shown in the URL for the Hyatt property listing; for example, the Tokyo Andaz is "tyoaz.") Once in the calendar, you can navigate to view additional months. h/t to Neric for flagging this shortcut.
Not all hotels and resorts offer redemption of suite awards; please contact the Hyatt Global Care Center or visit a hotel or resort's property page on hyatt.com for details on whether suite award accommodations are available at that hotel or resort. Properties that do not offer suite awards are referred to collectively in these Terms as the "Suite Award Ineligible Properties," and include, without limitation:
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
Park Hyatt Sydney
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
Hyatt Regency Kyoto
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort (Canada)
Hyatt Paris Madeleine
Hôtel du Louvre
Hyatt Regency London Albert Embankment (DPs provided by concierges show this is a non-participating property a/o Nov 2023) DP here
Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa FL
Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami FL
Hyatt Regency Wichita
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hyatt Rosemont (IL)
Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Chicago Athletic Association (IL)
Hotel Revival Baltimore Maryland
Hyatt Herald Square New York
The Grayson New York
Park South New York
Thompson Seattle
Thompson Hollywood (Los Angeles CA)
Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport Newport Beach CA
Hotel Avatar Santa Clara, CA
Ventana Campground, Big Sur CA
Waterfront Hotel Oakland CA
The Laurel Inn San Francisco CA
Hotel Kabuki San Francisco CA
Alila Manggis
Studios at Alila Sminyak
Alila Villas Uluwatu
Alila Taihu Suzhou
Episode Hsinchu
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
Dreams Aventuras
Dreams Royal Beach
Now Emerald Cancun
AluaSoul Alcudia Bay
AluaSoul Menorca
Alua Leo
AluaSun Far Menorca
AluaSun Mediterráneo
AluaSun Cala Antena
Alua Boccaccio
AluaSun Lago Park
AluaSun Doblemar
and ALL Caption by Hyatt, or Hyatt Place hotels or resorts or any Destination by Hyatt Residences property, except as otherwise expressly set forth in the
Destination by Hyatt Residence Award Terms.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt introduces Off-Peak, Standard and Peak awards (26 Oct 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by sciconf
Is this better than that of Marriott Bonvoy or IHG rewards?
Vastly better. Peak/off-peak is set by corporate not by individual hotels, long in advance. Peak/off-peak rates are set for multiple hotels in an area at once, not one by one. Redemption values are still frequently very, very good, much better than the borne chains.
beltway and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by synzero
Vastly better. Peak/off-peak is set by corporate not by individual hotels, long in advance. Peak/off-peak rates are set for multiple hotels in an area at once, not one by one. Redemption values are still frequently very, very good, much better than the borne chains.
Which ones are in "borne chains"? IHG also seems terrible lately - prices and black out dates are fast changing/

What is the hugest CC sign on bonus they offer - I see 60k now?
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:39 pm

Which ones are in "borne chains"? IHG also seems terrible lately - prices and black out dates are fast changing/

What is the hugest CC sign on bonus they offer - I see 60k now?
Haha that was just a typo that got weirdly autocorrected by iOS. I meant to type other chains. Pretty much all of them are far worse, IHG, Hilton, Marriott. Difficult to get any sort of outsized value. Hyatt doesn't do blackout dates though some hotels do play games with the redemptions like requiring minimum stays etc., for the most part Hyatt is vastly superior to other chains for value.

The best value is getting signup bonuses with Chase cards, and having a Sapphire preferred or reserve that allows 1:1 transfer to Hyatt.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:36 pm

The best value is getting signup bonuses with Chase cards, and having a Sapphire preferred or reserve that allows 1:1 transfer to Hyatt.
Sapphire preferred or reserve, you need to wait for 4yrs right?
I got it during the pandemic.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 5:27 pm

Sapphire preferred or reserve, you need to wait for 4yrs right?
I got it during the pandemic.
The point is you can transfer points to Hyatt from almost all Chase cards as long as you have a Sapphire. The WoH card is key for getting status however.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 5:42 pm

The WoH card is key for getting status however.
What is the most sign on bonus been thee - seeing 60k?

What it takes to loose your status?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:11 am

The point is you can transfer points to Hyatt from almost all Chase cards as long as you have a Sapphire.
Any primary cardholder of a premium (i.e., has an AF) UR-earning card can transfer points to travel partners. It’s not limited to CSR/CSP; Ink Preferred works just as well & there are a few legacy cards besides. The wiki at Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on) covers this in detail.
nsx likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 12:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Sometimes the disconnect between categorization as peak, off peak and standard is way off from what the cash rates are like. For example, very recently and repeatedly used 5,000 points for Cat 1 room night while the hotel was asking for over the equivalent of c. $1600 (USD) for the night. That cash rate is higher than any cash rate I had seen previously at any (non-SLH) Hyatt hotels in the country when standard rooms were available for sale; and the the points+cash rate was also something crazy with the equivalent of a c. $900 cash component.

Since Hyatt sets the peak/off peak calendar for using points and award night reimbursement works as it does, I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe some creative property management types were to play games with the regular paid/cash rates and award availability in order to try to get Hyatt to do things differently for them in the future.
nsx, Brendan and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Sometimes the disconnect between categorization as peak, off peak and standard is way off from what the cash rates are like. For example, very recently and repeatedly used 5,000 points for Cat 1 room night while the hotel was asking for over the equivalent of c. $1600 (USD) for the night. That cash rate is higher than any cash rate I had seen previously at any (non-SLH) Hyatt hotels in the country when standard rooms were available for sale; and the the points+cash rate was also something crazy with the equivalent of a c. $900 cash component.

Since Hyatt sets the peak/off peak calendar for using points and award night reimbursement works as it does, I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe some creative property management types were to play games with the regular paid/cash rates and award availability in order to try to get Hyatt to do things differently for them in the future.
Even if it were a “peak” night that’s still a great deal.

Even if someone was starting from scratch that could easily just buy the 5k points from Hyatt to use making the cash rate irrelevant.

I’m sure Hyatt coughed up a pretty penny to reimburse the hotel though for your stays.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm almost certain that happens - we're seeing it right now with crazy 2022 rates translating into more peak nights and higher award categories.

My understanding of the process is that Hyatt does a rate study for the previous 12 months at the property and uses that to set the reimbursement rates, on a night by night basis. That's how they can publish a peak/off peak calendar. Presumably there's some mechanism for truing up should the hotel hit full occupancy - if that's 100% of actual ADR or 100% of predicted ADR is unknown.

I don't think a property manager has a direct incentive to be in a certain category or have a certain amount of peak nights, instead what they want is ADR to be as high as possible while only using award stays to fill spoilage (rooms that would otherwise sit empty) and push you towards a sellout. It's obviously a lot better when that's happening on a $1600 rate.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:17 am

Is it common to have a month of off peak days and then they sprinkle in a peak night once a week in that same month? I truly don't understand the logic other than "we want to capture the peak rate at least one of your nights"
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Is it common to have a month of off peak days and then they sprinkle in a peak night once a week in that same month? I truly don't understand the logic other than "we want to capture the peak rate at least one of your nights"
Well most people don’t book for a full 7 nights. I would also say it’s pretty rare to find a full month of Off Peak at a a property even with 1 Peak night added in a week…
Old Aug 9, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Apologies if this is the wrong thread!
Any thoughts as to why neither of the Hyatts in central Amsterdam (Regency and Andaz) are taking points bookings in early July 2024? The points calendar at both properties shows "standard" on the specific dates I hope to be there, but there's no "Pay My Way" option (and yes, I'm checking the Member Rate while logged in) for either property when I start the booking process.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EJRofChicago
Any thoughts as to why neither of the Hyatts in central Amsterdam (Regency and Andaz) are taking points bookings in early July 2024?
Answer = Taylor Swift
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
How often can the peak points rate change?

Is there any point to checking whether an existing booking has fallen in price?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.