Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt House Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DELee
I too am against suburban properties charging for parking - especially when the lot is not controlled access nor monitored. My company's travel site still shows that parking is free for the HH Sterling - but the hotel's transportation page belies this (Sterling Va. Map | Hyatt House Sterling / Dulles Airport-North) and confirms your note about $10/day for parking.

Looks like the HH Herndon's thread hasn't been touched in a few years (Hyatt house (Summerfield) - Herndon, VA (DC area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD).

Also, the Herndon HH is an older Amerisuites/Summerfield property:
Must be a new change with the parking fee of $10/night, as it wasn't charged during my stay last year. It could rollover to the property in Herndon too, as I believe the ownership is the same between the two. I remember seeing the same staff members at both properties before.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 10:49 pm

Did not know that there was a thread on the Herndon property.

I was considering Sterling -- and for awhile, the website said that they had suspended the parking fee, but when I checked pre-July 4th, the fee was back in place.

I had reservations for both this property and Herndon and they were made before they switched the page on the parking fee so instead of calling them I just opted for the Herndon property.

I wonder what was so bad about this property that the poster was so upset about?
Old Jul 13, 2023, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Must be a new change with the parking fee of $10/night, as it wasn't charged during my stay last year. It could rollover to the property in Herndon too, as I believe the ownership is the same between the two. I remember seeing the same staff members at both properties before.
Originally Posted by COLINDAD
Did not know that there was a thread on the Herndon property.

I was considering Sterling -- and for awhile, the website said that they had suspended the parking fee, but when I checked pre-July 4th, the fee was back in place.

I had reservations for both this property and Herndon and they were made before they switched the page on the parking fee so instead of calling them I just opted for the Herndon property.

I wonder what was so bad about this property that the poster was so upset about?
My last stay at the HH Sterling/Dulles Airport North - this hotel - was back in 2021 and had no parking fee then.

My last stay at the HH Herndon was in January of this year (2023) and no parking fee then. Looking on that hotel's website, their transportation page (Reston VA Hotel near the Silver Line Metro | Hyatt House Herndon / Reston) confirms that they still are not charging for parking.

David
Old Jul 13, 2023, 7:09 pm

Correct. I checked out on July 10, 2023 and there was no charge. Incidentally, got 5 nights at the hotel @ 3,500 points/night around July 4th. This weekend clinches Globalist for me.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by COLINDAD
Correct. I checked out on July 10, 2023 and there was no charge. Incidentally, got 5 nights at the hotel @ 3,500 points/night around July 4th. This weekend clinches Globalist for me.
Well whichever hotel, congrats on making it to Globalist.

David
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Would someone happen to know if they offer shuttle to the Metro stop?
Do they still have complimentary happy hour in the evening M-Th?

Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by ACC2008
Would someone happen to know if they offer shuttle to the Metro stop?
Do they still have complimentary happy hour in the evening M-Th?

Thanks

To my knowledge, no Hyatt House or Place offers happy hour any longer, certainly the HH Herndon nor the HH Plymouth Meeting did not.

The HH Herndon is very close to the metro stop and I have been told it is walkable. However, there was a shuttle parked in the driveway, so presumably it would take you to Dulles and I believe it would probably drop one off at the metro stop. I, myself, never needed transportation, so I do not know.
In this case, the phone is one's friend.
DELee likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Well whichever hotel, congrats on making it to Globalist.

David

Thanks, it will be due to the Bilt promotion and I have not secured it yet -- 2 more nights to go!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.