Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best Hyatts in Asia for week of R&R in July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hyatts in Asia for week of R&R in July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by drewp123
Would you mind clarifying if points vs. cash matters to you? There are some new SLH properties in Asia that look tempting.

FWIW, I enjoyed the HR in Phuket. Phuket, no, the Hyatt... yes! Gorgeous pool and decent lounge
I’ve got mucho points and will prob use them, but I’m happy to pay cash if that works better. These properties are quite affordable. One of my main goals is to utilize club lounges. With the kids it’s very helpful. Thus my inclination towards the bigger Hyatt properties. We are on a 3 week stint in Europe right now and went with apartments and boutique hotels. No points. And I’m realizing the insanity of this. So much more work. My 16 year old waxed nostalgic for the HR Shinjuku lounge today. He’s tired of foraging for breakfast. LOL.

I’m thinking Phuket is worse than most of these places in July with monsoon season. But I’ll investigate further.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by drewp123
Would you mind clarifying if points vs. cash matters to you? There are some new SLH properties in Asia that look tempting.

FWIW, I enjoyed the HR in Phuket. Phuket, no, the Hyatt... yes! Gorgeous pool and decent lounge
AFAIK no SLH property has a club lounge. Also, I suspect that the OP may be planning to use WOH lounge upgrade certs.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Bali really is your best bet for July weather.

I suppose Kota Kinabalu would work as well.

July is also one of the better months for Kuantan, although I'm told that it is still hot and humid...
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
My last couple of visits to the HR BKI left me a bit dissatisfied. Maintenance issues, hordes of rude mainland visitors, just made it not as fun. We actually switched to the new Hilton in the middle of our last stay.

Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
...hordes of rude mainland visitors...
If you have the magic formula for avoiding that... let us know!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I will throw an unusual suggestion into the mix - how about Guam? Not technically Asia, but a quick 4 hour flight from Tokyo, and not a ton of tourists to fight off - mostly Japanese and Korean. We had an unexpected jaunt there last July, and found the island gorgeous, and very affordable by US standards - not quite Thailand cheap, but cheaper than mainland US thanks to the military subsidies. HR there is showing its age as far as rooms go, but public spaces and grounds are beautiful, and the Regency Club the best I've seen in a US-based Hyatt. We felt like we had the entire beach to ourselves, and it's a great beach. And if one is so inclined, you can even island hop over to Saipan that also has a Regency.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you have the magic formula for avoiding that... let us know!
I think there are some markets that cater to the package market more than others.

Recently in Bali they have changed regulations about Chinese tour operators controlling every part of the tour experience. I’ve met some great mainland tourists, but most aren’t ideal tourists.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Bali really is your best bet for July weather.

I suppose Kota Kinabalu would work as well.

July is also one of the better months for Kuantan, although I'm told that it is still hot and humid...
We were in Bali last summer and got two days of rain in Ubud. My sandals never did dry. The beach at Seminyak wasn’t all that nice, IMO, and the hotel pool was quite cold. The traffic made the experience feel pretty hectic. Plus would like to experience something different. I’m looking at those others now.

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
I will throw an unusual suggestion into the mix - how about Guam? Not technically Asia, but a quick 4 hour flight from Tokyo, and not a ton of tourists to fight off - mostly Japanese and Korean. We had an unexpected jaunt there last July, and found the island gorgeous, and very affordable by US standards - not quite Thailand cheap, but cheaper than mainland US thanks to the military subsidies. HR there is showing its age as far as rooms go, but public spaces and grounds are beautiful, and the Regency Club the best I've seen in a US-based Hyatt. We felt like we had the entire beach to ourselves, and it's a great beach. And if one is so inclined, you can even island hop over to Saipan that also has a Regency.
Interesting! In the back of my mind I was thinking my backup plan would be to pit stop in HNL or Kauai on my way back but Guam I never even thought of!
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

I'm back! We ended up booking Tokyo, Kyoto, HK, and GH Beijing, but of course had to cancel the whole dang thing. So now I'm looking ahead to 2022 trip. Again will have to be in July bc that's the only time we can get away for 3-4 weeks. I'm rereading this thread now so I can start the hunt.

I was indeed going to use club upgrade awards but now they are set to expire before this trip. I can use points to upgrade or pay cash rate, but obviously would prefer to use the awards earned for status. Anyone know if Hyatt will extend them? I've tried to use them this year but all the clubs are closed at the locations we're visiting.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
No one is expecting Hyatt extending expiration of certs, especially with US domestic travels comings back strong and some resorts are at high occupancy. I have 4 TSU expiring Jan. 31, 2021 plus all the Club Access awards that are useless. I am making sure I earn 4 TSU by reaching the 60 EQN milestone. If you don't earn more Club Access awards this year, then you will need to use points for Club access.

GH Beijing has a great GC, water melon juice all day, and very convenient walking distance to the Forbidden City.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CIT85
No one is expecting Hyatt extending expiration of certs, especially with US domestic travels comings back strong and some resorts are at high occupancy. I have 4 TSU expiring Jan. 31, 2021 plus all the Club Access awards that are useless. I am making sure I earn 4 TSU by reaching the 60 EQN milestone. If you don't earn more Club Access awards this year, then you will need to use points for Club access.

GH Beijing has a great GC, water melon juice all day, and very convenient walking distance to the Forbidden City.
Sigh. I’ll hit Explorist easily. Need 8 more nights for glob. Probably worth a mattress run for the perks in Asia.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Sigh. I’ll hit Explorist easily. Need 8 more nights for glob. Probably worth a mattress run for the perks in Asia.
Since you have tons of WOH points, it's a good investment to use points at Cat 1 hotels to reach Glob, assuming it's 30 nights. Then you don't need Club Access awards and get all the benefits of a Globalist.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CIT85
Since you have tons of WOH points, it's a good investment to use points at Cat 1 hotels to reach Glob, assuming it's 30 nights. Then you don't need Club Access awards and get all the benefits of a Globalist.
I agree. I’ve been looking for Cat1 options near where I’ll be over the next few months.have never done a mattress run so want to make sure I know how not to screw it up!
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:15 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Bumping this thread. Any recommendations in Singapore, Vietnam, and Thailand (not bangkok)?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Bumping this thread. Any recommendations in Singapore, Vietnam, and Thailand (not bangkok)?
This thread was about the best of Hyatt for R & R in July. Vietnam and Thailand would be a little on the hot and humid side in July.

If you were going in January or February I would recommend pretty well any of the Hyatt's in Vietnam or Thailand. However if we are talking about July I agree with the other poster that Bali is your destination. July brings lovely winter weather to Bali which will be their drier and not as humid weather month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.