Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Best Hyatts in Asia for week of R&R in July

Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

Gearing up for an Asia trip next July (I know many places will be hot and rainy, but this is the only time we can go). Im looking for suggestions of properties with nice club lounges and pools and/or beach. We will also be stopping at the HR Shinjuku and HR HK. Dont want to go to Bali. Did that last year.

The two that pop up on my searches are Danang and Chiang Mai. Not sure how bad July will be there.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Gearing up for an Asia trip next July (I know many places will be hot and rainy, but this is the only time we can go). Im looking for suggestions of properties with nice club lounges and pools and/or beach. We will also be stopping at the HR Shinjuku and HR HK. Dont want to go to Bali. Did that last year.

The two that pop up on my searches are Danang and Chiang Mai. Not sure how bad July will be there.
I found the Danang HR pretty nice, although the lounge was slammed in March/April when we were there.

I dont know about a HR in CNX, unless a new one is opening up next year.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Danang's RC gets super busy and the main pools too. How about the first Asian Unbound Collection hotel in Nam Nghi Phu Quoc?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP
Hyatt Regency Hua Hin is an oldie but goodie. Hyatt Regency Kuantan recently re-opened. I like the privacy at that hotel and it's very reasonably priced.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

I found the Danang HR pretty nice, although the lounge was slammed in March/April when we were there.

I dont know about a HR in CNX, unless a new one is opening up next year.
LOL. I must have been looking at a Marriott or something. Cant find it now.

Thanks, everyone. Im checking them out now. Asian Unbound Collection hotel in Nam Nghi Phu Quoc looks especially nice. I need to cross check weather in July.

Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
if you're willing to consider a city hotel rather than a beach resort, how about Singapore? I'd also suggest some PHs but they don't have lounges, although PHT does do the very nice happy (three) hour(s) for Globs.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOL. I must have been looking at a Marriott or something. Cant find it now.

Thanks, everyone. Im checking them out now. Asian Unbound Collection hotel in Nam Nghi Phu Quoc looks especially nice. I need to cross check weather in July.

Probably going to be hot and steamy in July in Danang.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by coggie
Hyatt Regency Hua Hin is an oldie but goodie. Hyatt Regency Kuantan recently re-opened. I like the privacy at that hotel and it's very reasonably priced.
as long as you stay at the barai side yes
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Probably going to be hot and steamy in July in Danang.
I figured. Any suggestions on a Hyatt somewhere else then?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:17 am

If (a better chance at) good beach weather is a higher priority than staying in a Hyatt, I'd recommend Koh Samui or Langkawi. If staying in a Hyatt is a higher priority than good weather, Danang may be one of your better bets in July. If you do reconsider Bali, that might be your best shot at great beach weather.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I figured. Any suggestions on a Hyatt somewhere else then?
Alaska? Canada?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby

Alaska? Canada?
Well surely Canada qualifies for the OP as we've got Hot & Steamy in YYZ/YUL weather this week-end. Temps are pushing 100+/40 Celsius with the humidex. I would go to GH TPE and make a daily trip to the east coast, or goodness forbid, a HOT SPRING in Beitou. Club lounge is decent with a nice selection of local and import beers. Night markets are great to walk around after it cools down past 7pm. I have no experiences with resorts in Asia, as I am a metropolitan type of person.

PS: If given a choice, and not the convenience of Kowloon vs Central, I prefer to stay at the GH HKG. Both staff are great at either lounge, but the food offerings at the GH during breakfast and happy hour are far superior IMO. Either property is great for long week-end getaways, so you can't go wrong.

Last edited by luvFclass; Jul 20, 2019 at 9:31 am
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luvFclass
Well surely Canada qualifies for the OP as we've got Hot & Steamy in YYZ/YUL weather this week-end. Temps are pushing 100+/40 Celsius with the humidex. I would go to GH TPE and make a daily trip to the east coast, or goodness forbid, a HOT SPRING in Beitou. Club lounge is decent with a nice selection of local and import beers. Night markets are great to walk around after it cools down past 7pm. I have no experiences with resorts in Asia, as I am a metropolitan type of person.

PS: If given a choice, and not the convenience of Kowloon vs Central, I prefer to stay at the GH HKG. Both staff are great at either lounge, but the food offerings at the GH during breakfast and happy hour are far superior IMO. Either property is great for long week-end getaways, so you can't go wrong.
GH HKG has one of my top 5 exec lounges Ive ever been in. The rooms didnt excite me horribly, but a nice property overall.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luvFclass

I agree. We normally like urban centers but will be in TYO and HKG on either end so trying for something low key. I feel like TPE gets forgotten sometimes so Ill check that out. My reasoning with the HR Kowloon is the location. We will have kids with us (separate room or suite) and its such easy access to everything we like. But I need to think about what we want to do bc GH there always comes up as an amazing property.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Would you mind clarifying if points vs. cash matters to you? There are some new SLH properties in Asia that look tempting.

FWIW, I enjoyed the HR in Phuket. Phuket, no, the Hyatt... yes! Gorgeous pool and decent lounge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.