Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt 100$ Gift Card In Mail thanking me for my loyalty

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt 100$ Gift Card In Mail thanking me for my loyalty

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
D'oh, I did 96 nights last year.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:18 am

I did just over 100 last year am at 97 this year...no mail
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
I got this in the mail - pleasant surprise! I also did 100+ nights last year. Is everyone else LTG that got this or was that not a factor?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:52 pm

Just received. 64 nites 2019. Thanks, Amy!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:20 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by strife
I got this in the mail - pleasant surprise! I also did 100+ nights last year. Is everyone else LTG that got this or was that not a factor?
LTG? Havent seen that acronym before.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Lifetime Globalist, presumably.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ryandc99
LTG? Havent seen that acronym before.
Lifetime Globalist.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I'm surprised companies still do these things in the internet age. Before, if someone was left out, they had no idea. But now, for every person made happy, probably five or ten are mad because they read about it online but received nothing.

I've had three or four 200-night years with Hyatt but have never received so much as a Christmas card.
Honestly, can't people be happy that Hyatt is going above and beyond, that you might not be targeted now but maybe in the future you might be pleasently surprise? Or be gracious and congratulate others that were fortunate? Instead of who got the biggest suite, who spent the most, who spent the least for requalification... Who am I kidding nyah nyah got mine in the mail too
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Honestly, can't people be happy that Hyatt is going above and beyond, that you might not be targeted now but maybe in the future you might be pleasently surprise? Or be gracious and congratulate others that were fortunate? Instead of who got the biggest suite, who spent the most, who spent the least for requalification... Who am I kidding nyah nyah got mine in the mail too
I’m not losing any sleep over it, but if Hyatt is rewarding loyalty, it shouldn’t keep missing people in the 99.5+ percentile, especially in the internet age, when there are no secrets.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami

I’m not losing any sleep over it, but if Hyatt is rewarding loyalty, it shouldn’t keep missing people in the 99.5+ percentile, especially in the internet age, when there are no secrets.
They have to make the cutoff somewhere.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:23 am
Suspended

They have to make the cutoff somewhere.
As I said above, I didn’t even get the damn towels, and I had over 300 nights that year.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:50 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Lifetime Globalist.

Thank you, No I am not LTG.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Thank you, No I am not LTG.
Interesting. So it appears to be 100+ nights as a baseline and some additional criteria.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:42 pm

Interesting. So it appears to be 100+ nights as a baseline and some additional criteria.
I don't think there's a set criteria..... I highly suspect the Concierges play a role. I got a nice package from mine for Christmas. I suspect that IF you got a gift package for Christmas THEN you probably won't get a gift card now. But there's probably some exceptions to that rule too.

If you didn't get either, then consider the possibility that they really don't want your business very much and wouldn't mind it if you moved somewhere else. Yes, they do keep "files" on all Globalists and I know for certain some of us are wanted a lot more than others. How much you complain, what you complain about, how much $$ you spend on average per night, whether you bring in corporate business via your employees staying at Hyatt, how much ancillary revenue you bring in, how many points you buy (via Chase transfers, etc.) are all factored into the value of the relationship. Every big successful company does this....
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
I don't think there's a set criteria..... I highly suspect the Concierges play a role. I got a nice package from mine for Christmas. I suspect that IF you got a gift package for Christmas THEN you probably won't get a gift card now. But there's probably some exceptions to that rule too.

If you didn't get either, then consider the possibility that they really don't want your business very much and wouldn't mind it if you moved somewhere else. Yes, they do keep "files" on all Globalists and I know for certain some of us are wanted a lot more than others. How much you complain, what you complain about, how much $$ you spend on average per night, whether you bring in corporate business via your employees staying at Hyatt, how much ancillary revenue you bring in, how many points you buy (via Chase transfers, etc.) are all factored into the value of the relationship. Every big successful company does this....
LOL.

I don’t recall complaining to Hyatt once in the past decade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.