Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2021 | 1:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Thanks for the info.. Would those boulders be right in front of the pool area?

nope.
Old Apr 3, 2021 | 4:40 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by nas6034
Thanks for the responses. It seems that the middle managers, assuming there are any, aren’t coordinating so maybe there needs to be some central control(like a GM). But I leave that to Hyatt to figure out.

Three questions:

1. Does anyone know the cost for the bioluminescence tour that is listed on the hotel’s website?
2. Is there a menu of the spa services and costs?
3. As a glob that booked the standard room (Garden View) what potential room type upgrade should be expected? Garden View Deluxe or Ocean View Deluxe?
2. There is, and there's even a website where you can book online (requires a card to guarantee but it doesn't charge you, so you can charge it to the room)... but it's a long obscure link that I didn't keep. You can call and get it, they're open 10 to 6 Wed-Sun, Atlantic time.
3. I would expect a deluxe room if available (it has the separate tub) and, if you're lucky, the ocean view. I was not lucky.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Well, I'm not sure if he's the GM, but I definitely just met an older gentleman who appears to be a manager of sorts, when he opened the door to my room 5 seconds after knocking to find me butt naked, insisting I was supposed to check out at noon. (The only recognition of my status was asking me at check-in if I wanted 2pm late checkout ).

There was no apology.
that's pretty bad
Old Apr 29, 2021 | 9:43 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
This is a question about visiting PR from US. We saw several site that say different things about what is needed in terms of paper work and tests before arriving to PR. So very confused at the moment. Can someone share a link that better explain the requirements for entering PR? And do we need tests to return or just 2 week Q? We've been vaxed also. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2021 | 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

This is a question about visiting PR from US. We saw several site that say different things about what is needed in terms of paper work and tests before arriving to PR. So very confused at the moment. Can someone share a link that better explain the requirements for entering PR? And do we need tests to return or just 2 week Q? We've been vaxed also. Thanks in advance.
https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/i...vel-guidelines

pcr test within 72 hr, fill out form, upload result, get a code they scan at SJU
hotelfanatic likes this.
Old May 17, 2021 | 7:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Anyone have pointers for Globlist staying here?
Will they upgrade rooms on point stays and are there any rooms I should request for to further enjoy the property? TIA!
Old May 17, 2021 | 7:49 pm

Anyone have pointers for Globlist staying here?
Will they upgrade rooms on point stays and are there any rooms I should request for to further enjoy the property? TIA!
They treated me incredibly well as a Globalist when I went in July 2020. Upgraded me to an Ocean Front without asking. Suites were not yet operating. All the rooms on site are set up as Junior Suites minimum, so all great size rooms. The Ocean Front rooms are beautiful and highly recommend requesting for the view.

hotelfanatic likes this.
Old May 18, 2021 | 8:37 am

Originally Posted by liondragonx5y
They treated me incredibly well as a Globalist when I went in July 2020. Upgraded me to an Ocean Front without asking. Suites were not yet operating. All the rooms on site are set up as Junior Suites minimum, so all great size rooms. The Ocean Front rooms are beautiful and highly recommend requesting for the view.
The room look amazing. I will definitely request for the ocean front.

Was also looking for places nearby for meals... I read Ekelekua is a nice place to have dinner or lunch.
Old May 18, 2021 | 8:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
The room look amazing. I will definitely request for the ocean front.

Was also looking for places nearby for meals... I read Ekelekua is a nice place to have dinner or lunch.
As you see too if you get oceanfront, 1st floor then you can go in and out your sliding door straight to your patio and then onto the beach and ocean.
If you get the second floor then you have a balcony, but you have to go out your front door down the stairs and around.
I much prefer the 1st floor personally.
Seems generally they put Globs in oceanfront if available.

Are the suites available yet?

Last edited by Braswch; May 18, 2021 at 8:52 am Reason: spelling
Old May 19, 2021 | 12:04 am

Originally Posted by nas6034
Curious how your stay is going and what the experience is like? Does the property have a GM now?

I booked a few night stays for May as a glob and hope the experience (and treatment) improves.
Hi nas6034 how is/was your stay? Would appreciate any globalist experience reports if you ended up keeping your plans. Thanks!
Old May 19, 2021 | 6:10 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by MechMachine
Hi nas6034 how is/was your stay? Would appreciate any globalist experience reports if you ended up keeping your plans. Thanks!
I did not. Ended up changing last minute to the ZIVA Cap Cana.
Old May 19, 2021 | 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by MechMachine
Would appreciate any globalist experience reports if you ended up keeping your plans. Thanks!
It's an ok place - you get your glob perks - parking, (very generic) breakfast etc. It was hard to reach anyone there before the stay and it was very slow to get any service on site. Nothing fundamentally wrong with the place if it's an easy trip but nothing impressive to make it a goal as vacation destination.
Old May 19, 2021 | 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
It's an ok place - you get your glob perks - parking, (very generic) breakfast etc. It was hard to reach anyone there before the stay and it was very slow to get any service on site. Nothing fundamentally wrong with the place if it's an easy trip but nothing impressive to make it a goal as vacation destination.
Can you elaborate on Glob breakfast? Is it room service or dine-in? TIA.
Old May 19, 2021 | 2:13 pm
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Can you elaborate on Glob breakfast? Is it room service or dine-in? TIA.
Hi, hotelfanatic — I recently completed a 4-night stay at this property as a Globalist. Breakfast was pretty underwhelming as the food offerings were limited (see the menu below). I didn’t inquire as to whether room service was an option, but did dine at Waters Edge each morning. Essentially you have the option of ordering off the a la carte menu or from the buffet. We arrived on a Tuesday and the buffet was not available on Wednesday morning, but was for the remainder of the stay. All breakfast charges were removed at check-out. Hope this helps.

hotelfanatic likes this.
Old May 19, 2021 | 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited60 Nights5M15 Years on Site

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What are the COVID-19 testing rules etc.? Is a test required to fly back to the USA and if so, what's the procedure there?
Old May 19, 2021 | 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What are the COVID-19 testing rules etc.? Is a test required to fly back to the USA and if so, what's the procedure there?
A quick Google search will show that a Covid test is not required between Puerto Rico and the states. Do you want someone here to Google that for you, though?

Also, your question is concerning - Puerto Rico is part of the USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.