Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:51 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I got my Plat Pro offer today. I'll say the quarterly amounts are kinda odd if you look at it for the long term. In all cases, meeting the 4 month requirements 3 times, the total you earned is either equal or HIGHER than the amount you need to earn that status organically
Gold = 3x10k and 30k organically
Plat = 3x25k and 75k organically
Plat Pro = 3x42k (126k) but 125k organically
EXP = 3x67k (201k) but 200k organically

So it's not lowering the criteria at all, just accelerating when you can receive it
I don't believe the mileage requirements for Phases 2 and 3 are fixed, your requirements for Phase 2 will depend on how much you earn in Phase 1, your requirements in Phase 3 will depend on how much you earned in Phases 1 and 2. That being said, until we get reliable anecdotal evidence from folks who have completed Phase 1, we don't really know for sure. The rules are not clear on this, though when I read this:
With Instant Status Pass™, members will receive status immediately after registering and receive Loyalty Point activity requirements every 4 months in order to keep the benefits of the Instant Status Pass™.
To me that implies when you 'receive Loyalty Point activity requirements every 4 months', they're not necessarily fixed, or they would just state that in the rules that you must earn 42k every four months to earn PlatPro status.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by archstenton
Is your expiration 4 months from the day you registered or all the way back to like Nov. 29 or something when it was announced?

Have an Alaska-American roundtrip Apr 15/21 and would be only chance to use the status. Wasn't sure if it made a difference if I don't register until like Dec 24 and could I get 4 months starting at that point.
You get four months starting from the day you register, so in your case you'll want to wait until later. I registered early because I've had a lot of earning I knew I would get (15k LP in the first 20 days).
Boraxo and archstenton like this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Beckles
While at least one blog has published this is the case, the written T&C of Instant Status Pass contradict this:
Until reliable anecdotal evidence exists to the contrary, I would assume the written T&C is correct.
You don't really need to rely on T&Cs to know that you can sign up today and:
  1. Do your phase 1 LPs after March 1st
  2. Complete phases 2 and 3 as required - which would also fall into the March 2023 - February 2024 qualification window
You have earned enough LPs to renew (or even upgrade) your status the standard way - locking it in for March 2024 - March 2025. Unless you fail to reach your threshold target somewhere along the way...
Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
You don't really need to rely on T&Cs to know that you can sign up today and:
  1. Do your phase 1 LPs after March 1st
  2. Complete phases 2 and 3 as required - which would also fall into the March 2023 - February 2024 qualification window
You have earned enough LPs to renew (or even upgrade) your status the standard way - locking it in for March 2024 - March 2025. Unless you fail to reach your threshold target somewhere along the way...
Yes, you still get the benefit of starting with status and having it along the way, the challenge for some will be earning enough in a four week instead of four month Phase 1, I know that would certainly be problematic for me, I need four months to put together the transactions (credit card, dining, and shopping) and Hyatt stays (Hyatt dual accrual) and flights I need to move on to Phase 2 with enough LP.

Last edited by Beckles; Dec 20, 2022 at 6:24 am
Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I’m confused about the timing a bit here. Many people seem to have gotten offers that require registration by December 29. That puts qualification on close to a calendar year cadence. The issue is that AA is now on a March to March calendar for qualification.

I registered yesterday. The language says:

• Once you complete all 3 phases in the Instant Status Pass™ you will be granted status for the next membership year immediately following the membership year in which you registered”

Did I register in the 2022 or 2023 membership year? If I complete all three phases, so I have that status level for the rest of the 2023 membership year (basically until February 28, 2024) or the following membership year (until February 2025)?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I’m confused about the timing a bit here. Many people seem to have gotten offers that require registration by December 29. That puts qualification on close to a calendar year cadence. The issue is that AA is now on a March to March calendar for qualification.

I registered yesterday. The language says:

"Once you complete all 3 phases in the Instant Status Pass™ you will be granted status for the next membership year immediately following the membership year in which you registered”

Did I register in the 2022 or 2023 membership year? If I complete all three phases, so I have that status level for the rest of the 2023 membership year (basically until February 28, 2024) or the following membership year (until February 2025)?
You registered in the membership year ending February 28, 2023, whatever you want to call that. This is a matter of much debate, that rule seems pretty clear to me that you'll get status until February 29, 2024 (because it's a leap year), others insist that can't possibly be correct and this TPG post claims you'll get status through the year following when you complete the challenge, which clearly is different than the written T&C.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
My wife got the offer (I think to gold); I haven’t (currently globalist and plat pro).

any way to register if the offer doesn’t appear in my promotions tab?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by beachfan
My wife got the offer (I think to gold); I haven’t (currently globalist and plat pro).

any way to register if the offer doesn’t appear in my promotions tab?
I tried calling AA just now and was told it's a targeted promotion and it is not on my account, so they are unable to offer it to me.

I do see in the T&C that gudugan posted above where it says it's targeted; OTOH the Hyatt landing page after you link your accounts says, without qualification, "You’re eligible to register for American Airlines Instant Status Pass™ Your elite status in World of Hyatt gives you an exclusive opportunity to fast track to AAdvantage® status." So conflicting info, but oh well.

(FWIW I'm currently 60-night Glob, AA nobody)
Old Dec 27, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
I tried calling AA just now and was told it's a targeted promotion and it is not on my account, so they are unable to offer it to me.

I do see in the T&C that gudugan posted above where it says it's targeted; OTOH the Hyatt landing page after you link your accounts says, without qualification, "You’re eligible to register for American Airlines Instant Status Pass™ Your elite status in World of Hyatt gives you an exclusive opportunity to fast track to AAdvantage® status." So conflicting info, but oh well.

(FWIW I'm currently 60-night Glob, AA nobody)
Thanks, you saved me a call in vain.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Registered today (12/27) and have AA Platinum until Apr 26, 2023. I'm Hyatt Explorist
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by gudugan
Registered today (12/27) and have AA Platinum until Apr 26, 2023. I'm Hyatt Explorist
Me too, but Globalist->AA Plat Pro

Have not done AA in a while, but if I understand the current EQP program, I can use my CitiAA card to buy and fly a $1000 fare (or 2 for $500), and I will receive 1k x9 (Plat Pro bonus) = 9k EQP + 1k EQP for Citi = 10k EQP, which would be sufficient to attain Gold into the summer. Plat status would require $2k airfare + $5k on Citi before April 26.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Me too, but Globalist->AA Plat Pro

Have not done AA in a while, but if I understand the current EQP program, I can use my CitiAA card to buy and fly a $1000 fare (or 2 for $500), and I will receive 1k x9 (Plat Pro bonus) = 9k EQP + 1k EQP for Citi = 10k EQP, which would be sufficient to attain Gold into the summer. Plat status would require $2k airfare + $5k on Citi before April 26.
There are other 'cheap' options to obtain AA LP's too, every dollar you spend at a Hyatt Hotel = 1 LP once you have AAdvantage status, and then AAdvantage Dining and AAdvantage Shopping are also easy and 'cheap' ways I add to my LP stash.
GUWonder and Boraxo like this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gudugan
Ditto for me too..Globalist to Plat Pro. AA site shows until 4/26/23.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:47 pm

Anyone tried registering today? I’m getting the error message “Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later.” Terms are to register by Dec 28, so it should be in the clear. I was targeted for the promo. I wonder if they cut off registration too early?
Update: had to call in to apply the promo before the deadline.

Last edited by CoffeeTraveler; Dec 28, 2022 at 10:46 pm
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt globalist, Hilton diamond
I've been trying to register today and received the same error message. I was also targeted. Guessing they closed it early even though it is still listed in the promo section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.