Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
edit; disregard post, promo should be active dec 13
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by arfaczar
Did your 2 friends with Explorist status also have AA Gold status to be eligible for fast track to Platinum?
They did NO have any AA status. However , one of them had Plat status years ago from some kind of status match/challenge. The other one never really used AA before.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
How would we request the 20 night fast track for Globalist?
It ended on November 30th. You'll have to wait until 2023's version of the promo comes around.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Once you link your accounts, the Hyatt-AA partnership page states the following:

You’re eligible to register for American Airlines Instant Status Pass™Your elite status in World of Hyatt gives you an exclusive opportunity to fast track to AAdvantage® status. Visit the Promotions tab of your AAdvantage® account between December 13 - 28 to learn more. Be sure to register for Instant Status Pass™ by December 28, 2022.

I’m guessing the link will be active from December 13.
did anyone’s promo page update? I linked my account on Dec 10, but nothing shows up.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:49 pm

Nothing for me yet.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:26 pm

Old Dec 15, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Amb, AA Gold, AS Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
Nothing for me yet.
Same here. Currently AA Gold but was hoping to match Globalist up to something higher. Accounts have been linked for a year and already hold AA credit cards so maybe too loyal to be targeted.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nomad1300
Same here. Currently AA Gold but was hoping to match Globalist up to something higher. Accounts have been linked for a year and already hold AA credit cards so maybe too loyal to be targeted.
Registered and instantly upgraded to Platinum Pro
Charlie9 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 6:35 am

Just when I thought all hope was lost, this promo was flagged to me on the app this morning. Was Gold at the time, for context. Went ahead and signed up; account reflected Plat Pro in about 5 minutes. At the current rate I am flying this will be a nice status accelerator for me. Now to see if there are actually any benefits, or if the uptake on this is high enough to flood the market with newly-minted PPs and negate the value of this status.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
shows up for me, T&C:

Promotion code: HVPC1
  • This promotion is only open to select American Airlines AAdvantage® members 
  • Your complimentary AAdvantage® status will be valid within 24 hours of registering
  • Loyalty Points accrued through travel or other partners before registration do not count toward the requirements for this promotion
  • All base miles earned from flying Loyalty Point-qualifying airlines (flights marketed by American Airlines, oneworld® airlines, JetBlue, and GOL Airlines). Includes all status bonuses earned flying on American Airlines and eligible partner airlines
  • Qualifying eligible flights may be purchased in any fare that earns Loyalty Points in the AAdvantage® program
  • Eligible purchases, defined as purchases (including those made by authorized users on your account), less credits, returns and adjustments, made with your:
    • Citi® / AAdvantage®, AAdvantage® Aviator® credit card, and AAdvantage® cards issued outside the U.S. that post as base miles to your AAdvantage® account
  • Registration is required during the registration window
  • Must meet Loyalty Point activity requirement every 4 months to continue with this promotion and keep status benefits
  • Once you complete all 3 phases in the Instant Status Pass™ you will be granted status for the next membership year immediately following the membership year in which you registered
  • Loyalty Points are subject to the standard AAdvantage® program terms and conditions
  • American Airlines may, at any time and without notice, change, stop or end this promotion in part or in full
  • AAdvantage® miles examples that do not count towards earning Loyalty Points:
    • Bonus miles earned from promotions, Miles from Buy, Gift, Transfer transactions, government taxes, fees and other charges associated with buying a ticket
    • Conversion of another program currency to AAdvantage® miles
    • For AAdvantage® credit cards, “accelerators” or “multipliers” such as: extra miles for purchases in specific categories, with specific merchants, or purchases made abroad
    • AAdvantage® credit cards new account or welcome bonuses, spend bonuses, etc.
  • Some postings may take up to 6-8 weeks to post, please call AAdvantage® customer service if you feel there are any discrepancies in your Loyalty Point accrual
  • Customers may not participate in an offer for the same or lower status during the same membership year and if the customer has enrolled in Instant Status Pass™ in the previous 24 months, they will not be eligible to enroll in this promotion
  • You must re-qualify for AAdvantage® status membership annually
Doesn't show what status level you get until you sign up I think. Going to wait until the last day to do it
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I got my Plat Pro offer today. I'll say the quarterly amounts are kinda odd if you look at it for the long term. In all cases, meeting the 4 month requirements 3 times, the total you earned is either equal or HIGHER than the amount you need to earn that status organically
Gold = 3x10k and 30k organically
Plat = 3x25k and 75k organically
Plat Pro = 3x42k (126k) but 125k organically
EXP = 3x67k (201k) but 200k organically

So it's not lowering the criteria at all, just accelerating when you can receive it
Old Dec 19, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I received a Platinum offer today as a Hyatt Explorist, and registered. I am now a Platinum until mid April.

Between the 60% mileage boost in paid flights and the ability to earn loyalty points on AA credit card spending, I think it is doable for me to maintain AA Platinum while also maintaining Delta Platinum or even Diamond in the first year.

In 2024, if I am still in this game, maybe I will status match to United and compare all three...

For now, AA is earning some dollars from me - I will fly them on a transcon in January
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr

So it's not lowering the criteria at all, just accelerating when you can receive it
1. You get it straight away
2. Having it straight away means that you get far more LPs for your flights - the threshold might not be lowered, but the number of flights required essentially is lowered
3. Timed correctly, I think you can get more time with status out of it

FWIW, I think that AA has recognised that there is solid demand for "gamification" of status. (yet the gamers aren't actually flying enough to really cost a lot in benefits) This "status pass" is just a logical extension of this...
Adelphos likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:34 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
3. Timed correctly, I think you can get more time with status out of it
While at least one blog has published this is the case, the written T&C of Instant Status Pass contradict this:
Originally Posted by Instant Status Pass T&C
Once you complete all 3 phases in the Instant Status Pass™ you will be granted status for the next membership year immediately following the membership year in which you registered
Until reliable anecdotal evidence exists to the contrary, I would assume the written T&C is correct.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by SP03
Registered and instantly upgraded to Platinum Pro
Is your expiration 4 months from the day you registered or all the way back to like Nov. 29 or something when it was announced?

Have an Alaska-American roundtrip Apr 15/21 and would be only chance to use the status. Wasn't sure if it made a difference if I don't register until like Dec 24 and could I get 4 months starting at that point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.