Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London City/East REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place London City/East REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2020, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
I don't understand what you two are saying. Google Maps clearly show the hotel is within walking distance of a tube station.
They were referring to the HP in Hayes. (or so I assumed, given the past tense reference to "stayed there")
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by craigthemif
LOL. You take an excruciatingly slow bus ride to Ealing Broadway or Ealing Common and then the Tube or train to get into London. 1+ hour each way, which you somehow justify by paying £50 for those Hyatt night credits instead of £250...

It's OK for Heathrow T1-2-3 though with the direct bus and a 10-minute walk. I do prefer the rooms and breakfast to the HP on Bath Road, so I'll do most of my quick London stopovers at Hayes...
Ah, lolol! So indeed: it's not particularly transit-conducive, but doable with some tedium.

Out of curiosity, is the one on Bath Road so much worse (or not to your taste) that it's worth staying at Hayes? In terms of connecting to London, the one on Bath is maybe even better connected to transit (via Heathrow's stations). Though the Hayes one seems to be in an actual neighborhood with shops and restaurants (if that's a plus).
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Recent News?

I still see April 1 as opening date but it doesn't appear as if any dates are bookable as of yet. I'm planning a trip to London in the Fall for work if Covid is under control by then and would like to get an idea of price per night.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by gspurr
I still see April 1 as opening date but it doesn't appear as if any dates are bookable as of yet. I'm planning a trip to London in the Fall for work if Covid is under control by then and would like to get an idea of price per night.
I'm interested too. Might book this for May or July.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gspurr
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
I'm interested too. Might book this for May or July.
Based on hotels in the general vicinity such as the HI Whitechapel, I would assume somewhere in the range of 100-150 GBP per night midweek and somewhat less at the weekend. Points should be good value on peak dates if travel gets back to "normal".
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
It is now showing an opening date of June 1, 2021, but is still not showing rates when I searched for June 6 to June 7.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/un...ity-east/lhrzc

How does this compared to the Crowne Plaza London the City in terms of restaurants and cafes near the hotel for breakfast? The Crowne Plaza has Tesco Express and Starbucks within a couple of blocks, which provide excellent quick breakfast options.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by EdofFX
How does this compared to the Crowne Plaza London the City in terms of restaurants and cafes near the hotel for breakfast? The Crowne Plaza has Tesco Express and Starbucks within a couple of blocks, which provide excellent quick breakfast options.
Starbucks is literally next door to the building on one side and Tesco Express is almost as close on the other side. Pret and Costa are a 4 minute walk away.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Starbucks is literally next door to the building on one side and Tesco Express is almost as close on the other side. Pret and Costa are a 4 minute walk away.
Thanks. That is perfect.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 4:01 pm

It is now showing an opening date of June 1, 2021, but is still not showing rates when I searched for June 6 to June 7.

Yeah, I wonder when they'll activate it (the property) in the global reservation system.

Also wonder what Category this'll end up being. I'd guess 3? (2 seems too low, but the HP-Heathrow often has rates a bit above 100 GBP and is a Cat 2?)
Old Jan 19, 2021, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Based on hotels in the general vicinity such as the HI Whitechapel, I would assume somewhere in the range of 100-150 GBP per night midweek and somewhat less at the weekend. Points should be good value on peak dates if travel gets back to "normal".

Originally Posted by steveholt
Thanks. That is perfect.
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Yeah, I wonder when they'll activate it (the property) in the global reservation system.

Also wonder what Category this'll end up being. I'd guess 3? (2 seems too low, but the HP-Heathrow often has rates a bit above 100 GBP and is a Cat 2?)
London is a pretty expensive city to visit. I'm really curious what pricing is going to be. Then again, I also have lots of Hyatt points that I want to burn. I'm crossing my fingers that this will be a Cat 2!

Slightly OT, but Marks & Spencer make some pretty damn good frozen food and sandwiches. I have yet to have seen any store or concept that matches that in the US. Would be nice if there's one near the new HP.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

London is a pretty expensive city to visit. I'm really curious what pricing is going to be. Then again, I also have lots of Hyatt points that I want to burn. I'm crossing my fingers that this will be a Cat 2!

Already announced as a Cat. 3. See up thread...

I can't ever imagine a central-ish London hotel in Category 2, but first of all the HPs out in west London would need to drop to Cat.1 (which was announced and then cancelled)
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 6:33 am

Cat. 3 is okay for that location and being new. Still need to watch out for how many points that will be in conjunction with the Peak and Off Peak pricing coming in 2021. It will be too much (for me) if they ask for 15,000 points per night in the summer.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html
Old Jan 20, 2021, 2:34 pm

Slightly OT, but Marks & Spencer make some pretty damn good frozen food and sandwiches. I have yet to have seen any store or concept that matches that in the US. Would be nice if there's one near the new HP.
To their credit, that's because Marks & Spencer is basically in the tier of Whole Foods, isn't it?

And agreed: the UK seems to have a strong cultural interest in (and their supermarkets and mini-markets seem to have a well-developed supply-chain of) convenient and appealing, ready-to-eat or easy-to-reheat foods. The closest I've seen to this is Japan/Taiwan (with their version of convenience stores having all manners of nibbles and drinks).

Already announced as a Cat. 3. See up thread...

I can't ever imagine a central-ish London hotel in Category 2, but first of all the HPs out in west London would need to drop to Cat.1 (which was announced and then cancelled)
Whoops! My bad.

Also too bad they nixed the West London HP category change.

Cat. 3 is okay for that location and being new. Still need to watch out for how many points that will be in conjunction with the Peak and Off Peak pricing coming in 2021. It will be too much (for me) if they ask for 15,000 points per night in the summer.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html
I too think 15k would be too much for this (admittedly new and reasonably well-located) property.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:08 pm

HP-London City East is now accepting reservations for July 1st, 2021 and on. Looks like cash bookings only for now (or at least, I couldn't get any points-rates to populate in the search, but it's indeed listed as a Cat 3).

Picked a few random single-night stays in the summer to gauge pricing on currently available rate plans; weekend rates seem to start around 100 GBP, and weekday rates start around 120 GBP.

Free breakfast is not listed as an amenity. Listed phone number doesn't work yet (gave it a go).

First customer review is just glowing:

Looks like Mr. Lorem-Ipsum struck again!

Last edited by futuramadramallama; Mar 1, 2021 at 8:18 pm
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:48 pm

I would stay there at 120 GBP, and use my points elsewhere. I wonder if this is just pandemic pricing for now.

I always admire businesses that have five stars reviews before they even open. It is no easy task to get someone to stay in a hotel that is being built, with all the noise and dust.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.