Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London City/East REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place London City/East REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
Just got back from a stay here. Very nice hotel in east London. Lots of fantastic restaurants within 10-15 mins. And tube is 5 minutes walk.
Didn't do breakfast since I rather spend my limited calories elsewhere but looked decent. Got upgrade to a corner room with nice views as globalist - no terrace which wasnt a big deal due to the strong winds with the storm.
Thanks very much for this info. I'm still curious about how well the aircon works. I'd read reports that, even in the winter, the rooms were too warm.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks very much for this info. I'm still curious about how well the aircon works. I'd read reports that, even in the winter, the rooms were too warm.
Opposite for us. Heather only really heated up the doorway area and took forever to heat the whole room. Wouldn’t go above 25C as it’s locked to that so can’t even speed it up. Once I got warm it was nice but didn’t stay as I think the hotel forced the heat to go down late at night and early morning. Might depend on room type.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
Opposite for us. Heather only really heated up the doorway area and took forever to heat the whole room. Wouldn’t go above 25C as it’s locked to that so can’t even speed it up. Once I got warm it was nice but didn’t stay as I think the hotel forced the heat to go down late at night and early morning. Might depend on room type.
Thanks for this info. Maybe there's a more general problem with the aircon system or even where the vents are in the rooms? That would be surprising but not unheard of in such a new hotel. Or maybe, as you mention, it might be specific to room type.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Feb 26, 2022 at 12:32 pm
Old Mar 14, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Just completed 2 night stay - 1 free on Chase reward and 1 points.
As others have said, great location, lots of places to eat and on weekends some great food halls at New and Spitalfields Markets. Convenient to 2 underground stops.
I’m only Discoverist so I thought I only get the continental breakfast but on check-in I was told this hotel doesn’t have that benefit. And I see from reading upthread that breakfast benefit was eliminated 18 months ago. In my ignorance, I questioned and noted that one of the reasons I selected was the breakfast benefit. The agent went ahead and comped me the full breakfast for both nights. Looking at the benefit list, I was wrong. In any case, the agent didn’t challenge me and the breakfast buffet was very good.
Also 2 pm checkout with no questions.
Room is good sized for London as is the bathroom.
I’d stay again, even without the free breakfast.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Mariott Titanium, AA Platinum Pro, United Silver
Originally Posted by sbc94523
Hi,

Does this Hyatt Place have a self serve laundry room? Thanks

No. I had to drag my stuff to a local laundromat.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Mariott Titanium, AA Platinum Pro, United Silver
Originally Posted by gspurr
This is why I asked the question earluer about Globalist breakfast offerings as I have no idea what this actually means (I should have gone to law school). From reading the forums on the other two Hyatt Places in London it seems there has been confusion about breakfast for Globalists so I thought I would see what people have experienced at this hotel as the actual rules don't always correspond with what is practiced.
I stayed here for 5 weeks in Sept./Oct. and received free breakfast throughout my stay as a Globalist.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by matso
I stayed here for 5 weeks in Sept./Oct. and received free breakfast throughout my stay as a Globalist.
Did you negotiate a special long-term rate? Or just go with the prevailing rate(s)?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
How close was the laundromat? Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:35 pm

Can you share which laundromat? Was it close and convenient?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Did you negotiate a special long-term rate? Or just go with the prevailing rate(s)?
It was The Great Relocate rate.

Originally Posted by sbc94523
How close was the laundromat? Thanks
Less than a mile, but I took a bus which was almost door to door.

Originally Posted by Troopers
Can you share which laundromat? Was it close and convenient?
Rebel Laundrette. I'm not sure I would recommend it but it was the most convenient.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Got an e-mail from this hotel today regarding an upcoming stay regarding possible options to "personalize my stay":

For your convenience, we offer you services specific to your stay at the hotel. Click on the link above to easily personalize your stay with room upgrades or extras in the hotel, such as dinner in our restaurant, flowers or cake in your room or a experience in our Rooftop bar.

If you are already a World of Hyatt Member, our packages will help you make the utmost of your stay, whilst having peace of mind your loyalty benefits remain the same.
One thing to send the e-mail out offering details on getting a cake or flowers in my room, but the hotel is offering early checkin (£30), an upgrade to a King Bed High Floor (£20), or an upgrade to a King Bed High Floor with a Terrace (£150). Reminds me a little of the NOR1UPGRADES program for other hotels, but I get wary of hotels asking me to pay for what I'm entitled to (if it's available at checkin).
Thunderroad and ceebee100 like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by steveholt
Got an e-mail from this hotel today regarding an upcoming stay regarding possible options to "personalize my stay".
Last month we were flying in overnight from NYC, scheduled to land at LHR before 10 am, and opted for the GBP 30 offer for a guaranteed 12 noon check-in. We felt that the distinction between "guaranteed" and the Globalist "if available at check-in" was worth the 30 pounds (plus we had no prior experience with this hotel, and therefore could not know if they would have accommodated us without the promise of payment). The monetization of this Globalist benefit annoyed me greatly, but I enjoyed seeing my wife begin to take umbrage when they initially appeared to have difficulty locating an available room when we arrived at 12:30 pm.

The Globalist breakfast offering at the hotel was quite good, and the room we were assigned was exceedingly quiet (a big plus for us), and other than some avoidable technical glitches (like double-posting to the credit card on check-out), the stay was quite pleasant. We made a mistake in trying to visit the top-floor bar on a Saturday night without a reservation, but on Tuesday night it was both empty and very enjoyable.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:52 pm

Booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for last week the day before arrival, and rate was very appealing at 97 GBP/night. Breakfast buffet was free for Globalist, and free for my friends in the second room. It was a nice spread with hot and cold items. I was impressed for a HP.

I echo some of the previous comments about the room temperature being problematic. The controller for the heat/ac in the room never displayed current temperature, and no amount of adjusting had any impact. I stopped at the desk the first morning and suggested it might be malfunctioning and asked them to check it. I'm unsure if they did or didn't but still no noticeable change upon return. High temps outside were upper 60sF, but the room was just a little stuffy. The other issue was that there was no cover sheet on the bed, but only a semi-thick duvet. It was hard to hit the right sleeping temperature as you were either covered with a thick blanket or nothing. I fear this could be a problem as the summer heat becomes a factor.

We enjoy the area and will very likely return here. I have a week at Andaz Liverpool booked for June, but would be happy with another short stay at the HP City/East.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Has anyone used the fitness center here? Is it significant?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
Has anyone used the fitness center here? Is it significant?
I used it this week. It is definitely not significant but it has all the basics, although only one of each machine. There was nobody else in there when I used it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.