Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place London City/East REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place London City/East REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:11 pm

I'm currently staying there, so if anyone has any super specific questions I'd be more than willing to check.

Random comments / thoughts in no particular order:
- I had booked a basic room (using free night certs) and at check-in I was recognized as a Globalist, which supposedly was why I was "upgraded" to a room with a view. It's on the top floor (9th floor) and has a good view indeed, although the room itself doesn't seem to be any bigger than the basic rooms (no balcony either) - if anything, it actually looks smaller.
- I had my NHS-mandated Day 2 COVID test shipped to the hotel (under my name but not my room number), I hadn't mentioned it to them but I still received an email from the front desk when the package arrived, so that was great.
- It's my third day here and I've had no housekeeping yet. I usually leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door until 11:30am, at which point I leave the hotel for the day and remove the sign. I don't mind that much (or I would've stopped by the front desk on my way out and specifically asked for it), just thought it was worth mentioning.
- There's a light under the bathroom sink that seemingly can't be turned off, and a very bright green light on the ceiling (for what I assume is the fire suppression system). There's also the gap under the door that someone else mentioned. I don't mind them and my room is set up in such a way that I don't have a direct line of sight to either of those from the bed, but I can see how it could be bothersome for people who require a pitch dark room.
- Speaking of the gap, noise hasn't been a problem for me but my door is at the very end of a hallway with only one other door nearby, so it's definitely a low traffic area.
- The 55" TV is great: of course it's not huge compared to what many people have at home, but it's definitely bigger than what you find in most hotels (even luxury hotels). One of the benefits of being a brand new property I guess.
- The room I'm in has no nightstand on one side of the bed (not even a tiny table or really anywhere to put glasses or a phone). I'm staying on my own so I don't care, but that could definitely be an issue for couples.
- The outlets are all UK format (no universal outlets) which is disappointing for a new hotel. There is *one* USB outlet near my side of the bed (none on the other side) and *one* USB outlet near the desk area. Both are USB-A (no USB-C) and both are 2.1A (so no fast charging).
Old Jan 17, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Any recent stays here? I'm wondering if the teething problems of the first couple of months have been sorted out. Also, I'm curious about the Globalist breakfast offering and what room ugrade I mnight expect on a longer term stay.
Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gspurr
Any recent stays here? I'm wondering if the teething problems of the first couple of months have been sorted out. Also, I'm curious about the Globalist breakfast offering and what room ugrade I mnight expect on a longer term stay.
Thanks.
For room upgrades on longer stays you're usually best off contacting the property directly in advance. Usually a long term stay means no upgrade at check in (unless pre-arranged) as, when you're eligible for an upgrade, you need the upgraded room type to be available for the entirety of your stay.

The other factor here is that it's a Hyatt Place - so room upgrades aren't a status benefit.
gspurr likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:31 am

Reading this, am a bit confused. I thought breakfasts for all guests regardless of status is a standard offering of Hyatt Place. Does this hotel provide that, is so in what form?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:37 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Reading this, am a bit confused. I thought breakfasts for all guests regardless of status is a standard offering of Hyatt Place. Does this hotel provide that, is so in what form?
not in Europe to my understanding
Hyatt is Testing Elimination of Free Breakfast at Hyatt Place Properties

In general, I think the new policy is you need to be a WoH member now (US) and not automatically included in Europe.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:42 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Found this. It seems policy change late 2020.

VIII. Breakfast at Participating Hyatt Place Hotels outside of the Americas

Please note that the availability of this benefit varies based on the region in which a particular Hyatt Place hotel is located, as designated by Hyatt in its sole discretion. For assistance in determining into which region a particular Hyatt Place hotel is categorized, please contact a Hyatt Global Contact Center. (Please visit hyatt.com for contact information.)

For reservations (i) at a Hyatt Place hotel in the Asia-Pacific region booked before November 1, 2020, and (ii) at a Hyatt Place hotel in the Europe, Africa, Middle East, and Southwest Asia region booked before November 16, 2020:

Members staying at a participating Hyatt Place hotel who have paid an Eligible Rate or redeemed a Free Night Award for the applicable night will receive complimentary breakfast the following morning when breakfast is available (which includes standard breakfast buffet (with coffee, juice, and/or milk), as well as tax and gratuity) for each registered guest in the room. Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Valid only at participating Hyatt Place hotels in the applicable regions and no other hotel or resort or other property. This benefit is not valid at the following non-participating Hyatt Place hotels: Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport and Hyatt Place West London/Hayes. Some Hyatt Place hotels may (a) offer complimentary breakfast to all guests, in which case Members will not receive any additional or substitute benefit, or (b) restrict (in the hotel’s discretion) the availability of this benefit to Members who have associated their membership number with the reservation prior to the time of arrival at the hotel.

For reservations (i) at a Hyatt Place hotel in the Asia-Pacific region booked on or after November 1, 2020, and (ii) at a Hyatt Place hotel in the Europe, Africa, Middle East, and Southwest Asia region booked on or after November 16, 2020:

This benefit will not be available to Members for any reservation made on or after November 1, 2020, for a stay at a Hyatt Place hotel in the Asia-Pacific region or made on or after November 16, 2020, for a stay at a Hyatt Place hotel in the Europe, Africa, Middle East, and Southwest Asia region. Some Hyatt Place hotels may offer complimentary breakfast for some or all guests and, as detailed in Appendix C below, others may offer certain breakfast benefits to Members with Globalist status. Availability of and conditions or restrictions on complimentary breakfast will vary property-by-property for Hyatt Place hotels. Please contact the applicable hotel directly or call a Hyatt Global Contact Center for help determining whether a particular Hyatt Place location offers complimentary breakfast to some or all guests. (Please visit hyatt.com for contact information.)
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Found this. It seems policy change late 2020.
This is why I asked the question earluer about Globalist breakfast offerings as I have no idea what this actually means (I should have gone to law school). From reading the forums on the other two Hyatt Places in London it seems there has been confusion about breakfast for Globalists so I thought I would see what people have experienced at this hotel as the actual rules don't always correspond with what is practiced.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:09 pm

Bizarre that Hyatt has no consistent policy for one of their sub brands, but leave it to individual region locations to decide...
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by gspurr
This is why I asked the question earluer about Globalist breakfast offerings as I have no idea what this actually means (I should have gone to law school). From reading the forums on the other two Hyatt Places in London it seems there has been confusion about breakfast for Globalists so I thought I would see what people have experienced at this hotel as the actual rules don't always correspond with what is practiced.
Globalist here - complimentary full buffet breakfast plus upgrade to a terrace room on a one-night award stay in mid-January using a free night certificate.

There was furniture on the terrace, and I made it a point to enjoy my coffee out there, braving the cold. Fairly good views of the City as well (fog permitting).

Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Self serve laundry room

Hi,

Does this Hyatt Place have a self serve laundry room? Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: QF SG
I've got a stay here in June. I had a successful BRG claim applied and the hotel reversed it without consultation! All sorted now but quite annoying.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bacook
I've got a stay here in June. I had a successful BRG claim applied and the hotel reversed it without consultation! All sorted now but quite annoying.
Thats odd. I’ve done plenty of BRGs during the years and never had an issue.

How did you find out that they reversed it?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Thats odd. I’ve done plenty of BRGs during the years and never had an issue.

How did you find out that they reversed it?
I got an email saying my reservation had been updated and it showed the old rate.

Better than a Hilton BRG for the same trip where the hotel cancelled the booking without emailing me - I just noticed it had moved to cancelled.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Any more recent stays?

Just bumping this thread to see if there are any more reports/reviews of the hotel out there, in addition to the three useful ones posted so far. (Thanks!) I'm looking at a six-night stay in early June. Questions/concerns:

1. A number of reviews at Tripadvisor and Booking.com (yes, I know these should be taken with a grain of salt) report air conditioning issues, including the room being too warm even in the winter.(!)
2. Most of the Tripadvisor reviews are also from folks posting just their first time or otherwise with very limited posts, which always makes a place seem kind of suspect or even dodgy.
3. I'm also curious about Globalist treatment re upgrades and breakfasts, along the lines of what Heathcliff very helpfully reported upthread. I know such perks are often inconsistent or unclear for Hyatt Place properties, but that report was encouraging (albeit for just one night in January).

Thanks for any advice.
gspurr and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 5:29 pm

Just got back from a stay here. Very nice hotel in east London. Lots of fantastic restaurants within 10-15 mins. And tube is 5 minutes walk.
Didn't do breakfast since I rather spend my limited calories elsewhere but looked decent. Got upgrade to a corner room with nice views as globalist - no terrace which wasnt a big deal due to the strong winds with the storm.
Thunderroad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.