Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Extending expiration on free hyatt nights?

Extending expiration on free hyatt nights?

Old Dec 1, 19, 2:03 pm
  #106  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Miami, Florida
Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Posts: 4,009
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Iíll email Globalist Concierge for a definitive answer. If you are able to successfully book it and you arrive at the hotel it should be honored. I mean what happens in that situation?
As I said above, it's not honored.
joe_miami is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 2:22 pm
  #107  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,569
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
As I said above, it's not honored.
Meaning it shows up as booked, you receive a confirmation, itís in your WOH account, then you show up to the property and they turn you away? Just trying to clarify.
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 2:34 pm
  #108  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Miami, Florida
Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Posts: 4,009
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Meaning it shows up as booked, you receive a confirmation, itís in your WOH account, then you show up to the property and they turn you away? Just trying to clarify.
They won't turn you away. They'll offer you a room at the cash rate.
joe_miami is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:03 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,569
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
They won't turn you away. They'll offer you a room at the cash rate.
Which to me is the same as being turned away because booking a Cash Rate on the day of at most desirable properties (the ones youíd use a Certificate at) the Cash Rate wouldnít be worth it.

For example - If I used a Cat 1-4 Cert at Manchester GH thatís due to expire on May 5th. Then the FD tells me your Certificate cannot be redeemed.

Well, by the day of I can no longer book with 15k points instead because all points rooms are booked.

The Cash Rate is roughly $400 after taxes, which makes no financial sense to pay.

Iím saying if itís bookable and holds up (doesnít auto cancel out and return the cert to your account) you should be granted the stay. Have you actually tried this and been denied at the hotel or are you basing it entirely on what it says?
Matt4200 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:38 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: LAX, BUR
Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Posts: 1,807
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
I’ll email Globalist Concierge for a definitive answer. If you are able to successfully book it and you arrive at the hotel it should be honored. I mean what happens in that situation?
The free night is like a $100 bill up until the date of expiration, so a Dec 1 expiration when you pull out the bill on Dec 1, it no longer says $100, but now says $0 dollar. Needs to be SPENT the day before expiration date.
mhdena is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:54 pm
  #111  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Miami, Florida
Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Posts: 4,009
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Which to me is the same as being turned away because booking a Cash Rate on the day of at most desirable properties (the ones youíd use a Certificate at) the Cash Rate wouldnít be worth it.

For example - If I used a Cat 1-4 Cert at Manchester GH thatís due to expire on May 5th. Then the FD tells me your Certificate cannot be redeemed.

Well, by the day of I can no longer book with 15k points instead because all points rooms are booked.

The Cash Rate is roughly $400 after taxes, which makes no financial sense to pay.

Iím saying if itís bookable and holds up (doesnít auto cancel out and return the cert to your account) you should be granted the stay. Have you actually tried this and been denied at the hotel or are you basing it entirely on what it says?
Itís not much different than showing up at a store with an expired coupon. The store isnít going to honor a coupon that wonít be reimbursed by the coupon issuer.
ZBigFam and 59Impala like this.
joe_miami is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 5:40 pm
  #112  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,062
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Itís not much different than showing up at a store with an expired coupon. The store isnít going to honor a coupon that wonít be reimbursed by the coupon issuer.
OT but some stores do this as a matter of policy, just like they accept competitors' coupons but don't expect reimbursement. Similarly double/triple coupons are done at the expense of the store.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Dec 1, 19, 5:45 pm
  #113  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Miami, Florida
Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Posts: 4,009
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
OT but some stores do this as a matter of policy, just like they accept competitors' coupons but don't expect reimbursement. Similarly double/triple coupons are done at the expense of the store.
Which stores accept $300 or $400 coupons that won't be reimbursed?
joe_miami is offline  
Old Dec 12, 19, 4:19 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA Gold, All Platinium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 220
FWIW I've just got 10k points from my concierge for an expired free night voucher (category 1-4)
Sophoclefr is offline  
Old Dec 15, 19, 10:20 am
  #115  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 91,062
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr View Post
FWIW I've just got 10k points from my concierge for an expired free night voucher (category 1-4)
One night in a cat 4 is 15,000 points, or 12,000 for category 3 and 8,000 points for category 2.

OTOH points are flexible and don't expire if the account remains active.
MSPeconomist is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: