Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

How many globalists are left? Anyone know?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many globalists are left? Anyone know?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Plat, Amtrak S+, Hilton, Starbucks Gold
Not an answer to the original question, but interesting WOH aggregate data:

At December 31, 2017, the loyalty program had over 10 million active members, and during 2017, represented approximately 30% of total room nights systemwide.
At December 31, 2017, the redemption liability related to the loyalty program was $469 million. A 10% decrease in the breakage assumption would have resulted in an increase in the redemption liability of approximately $45 million at December 31, 2017
Source: Hyatt 2017 Annual Report
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
At December 31, 2017, the loyalty program had over 10 million active members, and during 2017, represented approximately 30% of total room nights systemwide.
Which shows the complete pointlessness of a loyalty programme. Hyatt can only convince 30% of guests to book directly instead of via OTAs...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Which shows the complete pointlessness of a loyalty programme. Hyatt can only convince 30% of guests to book directly instead of via OTAs...
The average person spends fewer than five nights per year in a hotel; loyalty programs have very little value to, and aren't targeted at, that demographic. (Also, last I knew, people can book directly with Hyatt without having a WoH account, so that 30% number is probably higher.)
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I once asked a concierge this question. She didn't know the actual number, though said there were 11 concierges, each assigned about 1500-2000 Globalists.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by craigthemif
the number of direct booked nights ma6y actually be lower due to corporate booking systems likely being a sizeable chunk of bookings for WoH members.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Staying at HR Paris Etoile. No upgrade; was given eiffle view but on mid tier floor where the lounge is a 2 elevator trek away. Couldn't check in until 2 PM on day of arrival despite arriving and inquiring starting at 9am. Saw dozens of letters in the folder containing letters for globalists to get free drink in restaurant. Lounge has rarely had an empty chair, and sparse food is hard to scavenge. Right now, my impression is that globalists are too many.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:31 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Staying at HR Paris Etoile. No upgrade; was given eiffle view but on mid tier floor where the lounge is a 2 elevator trek away. Couldn't check in until 2 PM on day of arrival despite arriving and inquiring starting at 9am. Saw dozens of letters in the folder containing letters for globalists to get free drink in restaurant. Lounge has rarely had an empty chair, and sparse food is hard to scavenge. Right now, my impression is that globalists are too many.
With French Open tennis tournament in town, this is probably one of the busiest times of the year for hotels in Paris.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
French Open just ended, it's now Eurosatory week in Paris.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by CIT85
French Open just ended, it's now Eurosatory week in Paris.
Well true, and there was a large meeting for a global law firm here last week. It was definitely booked up. All I am saying is that there is easily dozens of globs at this one hotel this week and the only tangible benefit I am is getting is a couple glasses of cheap Bordeaux. From my experiences so far this year here and elsewhere, I don't think Hyatt is hurting that bad for top tier members. I like how dramatic we are about this though, truly entertaining.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MarkOK

Is the lounge somehow restricted to only Globalists at this property?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Is the lounge somehow restricted to only Globalists at this property?
Of course not. However, the lack of any early check in, a mid-floor room, and dozens of letters in the folder containing the letters welcoming globalist with a check in 'amenity' all are presented as evidence that there are indeed many globalists at HR Paris Etoile. Ignoring the getting off topic back and forths for the last few pages of this thread, it openned as someone suggesting that globalists numbers are down because they are always getting an upgrade and lounges are empty. My experience this entire year has been quite contrary to the OP.
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.