Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

How many globalists are left? Anyone know?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many globalists are left? Anyone know?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't think there are 35,000 with My Hyatt Concierge.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
There used to be way too many, now it seems about right. Bring on the recession!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
That seems like a low number, but if it was 35K then, I bet it's under 10K now. Anyone know anyone at Hyatt they could ask? I suspect most Regency or Grand Hyatt GM's know the answer... or at least know how much it has dropped off.
I would love to be in a more exclusive club but there are at least 10K Globalists on Flyertalk, much less the real world full of people actually travelling for business...
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

unless you live/travel in hyatt heavy area it is near impossible to hit 60 nt.
Corp matches can bump the numbers on paper but they will drop off again.. 60 is not a sustainable target for a small chain imho
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Hyatt is not, by any measure, a "small chain." Last time I checked, it was the fifth-largest chain in the world.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
They could get a little bump in the number if they went to rollover nights.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Hyatt is not, by any measure, a "small chain." Last time I checked, it was the fifth-largest chain in the world.
Huh? at the very least they are behind

ihg, marriott, accor, hilton, bw, wyndham, choice (plus some chinese ones)

And the gap with big ones is 5-10 fold...
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by azepine00
Huh? at the very least they are behind

ihg, marriott, accor, hilton, bw, wyndham, choice (plus some chinese ones)

And the gap with big ones is 5-10 fold...
I was going by a list I saw at Hospitality.net, but the above would put Hyatt in 10th place or so, which still isn't "small chain."

I also don't see the point of including Chinese companies with a limited footprint or budget chains such as Best Western and Choice, with which Hyatt isn't really competing anyway.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala

16... you forgot to count me.
I'm going to guess crazy and go with 25, incl me.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Crazy idea - why don't we just ask? I think SOME of us here have a connection or two. I suspect the GMs know, and while they might not give you a number, they will probably give you a percentage as in "it's down about 25% over the Diamond days" Or maybe "it's not down at all.."
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Crazy idea - why don't we just ask? I think SOME of us here have a connection or two. I suspect the GMs know, and while they might not give you a number, they will probably give you a percentage as in "it's down about 25% over the Diamond days" Or maybe "it's not down at all.."
I bet GMs don't know. This type of info. is closely held by such companies. If it wasn't, we'd be able to find it with a simple Google search.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I bet GMs don't know. This type of info. is closely held by such companies. If it wasn't, we'd be able to find it with a simple Google search.
Of course they know how many Globalists/upgrades are coming through their front door, and how this data has changed over the past few years since all the changes happened.

Plus it never hurts to ask... I will the next time I see a GM onsite. The answer could impact all of us in the months or years to come.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Of course they know how many Globalists/upgrades are coming through their front door, and how this data has changed over the past few years since all the changes happened.

Plus it never hurts to ask... I will the next time I see a GM onsite. The answer could impact all of us in the months or years to come.
You're moving the goalposts here. GMs obviously notice changes in the number of Globalists showing up at their hotel, but that doesn't tell us how many Globalists there are, total.

There's simply no way that no blogger or reporter has never thought to ask a Hyatt GM buddy for these numbers.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Hyatt is absolutely a small chain - there's no one in the hotel industry, Hyatt employees included, who would dispute that. Even just speaking of its typically-discussed competitors on FT, Hyatt barely has 1/10 the footprint of IHG, Hilton, or Marriott/SPG. Even other chains that are usually referred to as small, like Radisson, have nearly twice the footprint of Hyatt.

It's also nowhere close to the 5th largest chain in the world.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I'm of the opinion that Hyatt did lose more than they wanted/expected, based (as mentioned above) on the shift to counting award nights toward 60/55. Had a huge impact on my behavior, as it has now put 60 back in reach for me. So there will be 26 of us next year, if all goes well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.