Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Manila - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Manila - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm fairly new to Hyatt. If I were to book a King room, how much points to upgrade to get club access?
3k points/night if I recall correctly.

By the way, did you manage to snatch Explorist status on your recent trip?
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm fairly new to Hyatt. If I were to book a King room, how much points to upgrade to get club access?
Do note if you do this, you have to book at the Standard Rate (not Member, Corporate Codes, or any Prepaid Rates). Book the standard rate, then call Hyatt Global Reservations in order to upgrade to club access with points.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Just checked out of a 4 night stay here (Discoverist, used a Club Access award).

FANTASTIC property. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in SEA, and this is up there with the best.

Awesome service, great lounge (I held around a dozen meetings in the lounge, with up to 4 guests for either afternoon tea or evening canapés - did not get asked to pay a cent/ peso extra), very nice and modern hotel.

25m lap pool a complete delight, adequately shaded both early morning and late afternoon/ evening. A pale-skinned swimmer's dream.

The buffet restaurant is a little odd for dinner as almost everything is cooked to order - if you compare and contrast with the Hilton KLA or Hyatt Delhi it's bizarre - but still decent. You can also get proper wine here (Rose, Pinot Grigio...) and not pay a fortune for it.

Airport transfer was seamless and reasonably priced. Yes, Grab is a lot cheaper but a pain in the arse to sort out for airports - this was seamless with the usual Hyatt WiFi in the car en route.

I'm a Hilton Diamond and evangelist - Hyatt is my backup program where there is no (or no decent) Hilton - Delhi, Saigon, etc. I only booked this hotel because the Conrad was sold out, and I'm very glad that I did.

10/10.
59Impala and Hydro88 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by shillard
Just checked out of a 4 night stay here (Discoverist, used a Club Access award).

FANTASTIC property. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in SEA, and this is up there with the best.

Awesome service, great lounge (I held around a dozen meetings in the lounge, with up to 4 guests for either afternoon tea or evening canapés - did not get asked to pay a cent/ peso extra), very nice and modern hotel.

25m lap pool a complete delight, adequately shaded both early morning and late afternoon/ evening. A pale-skinned swimmer's dream.

The buffet restaurant is a little odd for dinner as almost everything is cooked to order - if you compare and contrast with the Hilton KLA or Hyatt Delhi it's bizarre - but still decent. You can also get proper wine here (Rose, Pinot Grigio...) and not pay a fortune for it.

Airport transfer was seamless and reasonably priced. Yes, Grab is a lot cheaper but a pain in the arse to sort out for airports - this was seamless with the usual Hyatt WiFi in the car en route.

I'm a Hilton Diamond and evangelist - Hyatt is my backup program where there is no (or no decent) Hilton - Delhi, Saigon, etc. I only booked this hotel because the Conrad was sold out, and I'm very glad that I did.

10/10.
great to here you had a good stay. Strange to me that they didn't ask you to pay for the guests, did you not receive a letter at check in outlining the additional charges?

Also, OT, but I can't believe you would choose hilton over hyatt. What is it that attracts you?
59Impala and Hydro88 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
great to here you had a good stay. Strange to me that they didn't ask you to pay for the guests, did you not receive a letter at check in outlining the additional charges?

Also, OT, but I can't believe you would choose hilton over hyatt. What is it that attracts you?
Re: the lounge, they did - but I've found that in many Asian lounges you can just waltz in with additional guests and nobody questions it.

Not just a Hyatt thing - Le Meridian Jakarta, Hilton Kuala Lumpur, Hilton Kuching...

It's mostly price and availability driving me to Hilton. For Australian domestic travel there is no Hyatt option in Brisbane, Adelaide or the Gold Coast, nor in Auckland (yet). I used to be a Hyatt Diamond when their Australian & NZ property network was larger.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:26 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Re: the lounge, they did - but I've found that in many Asian lounges you can just waltz in with additional guests and nobody questions it.

Not just a Hyatt thing - Le Meridian Jakarta, Hilton Kuala Lumpur, Hilton Kuching...

It's mostly price and availability driving me to Hilton. For Australian domestic travel there is no Hyatt option in Brisbane, Adelaide or the Gold Coast, nor in Auckland (yet). I used to be a Hyatt Diamond when their Australian & NZ property network was larger.
One extra person showing up for 30min without eating or drinking anything cost me $900HKD at the Grand Hyatt HK. Agree it usually isn't a issue, but when it is, it'll cost you!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

GH Seoul and Erawan is for registered guests only.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:57 pm

Staying here in a few weeks, any recent experiences to share?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:09 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Wow, no post in nearly 2 years. Hopefully for reviews since Philippines is now reopened as of last month
Old Mar 9, 2022, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Wow, no post in nearly 2 years. Hopefully for reviews since Philippines is now reopened as of last month
Any recent reviews? I am looking to stay here later this month.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:49 pm

Heading there this week, will have more to share soon. Lmk if any of you have any questions.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Staying here in a few weeks, any recent experiences to share?
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Originally Posted by johnep1
Any recent reviews? I am looking to stay here later this month.
Heading there this week, will have more to share soon. Lmk if any of you have any questions.
I would love to know the state of the hotel. I'm now a Globalist!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:15 pm

Staying here in August and had booked a reservation for 8 nights with points + cash for a premium suite. The available room at booking was the presidential suite. I received an email last week asking for a pre-authorization one night booking fee, which I happily obliged to pay. I then receive the below email this morning. Any thoughts/suggestions on this?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by benjahman
Staying here in August and had booked a reservation for 8 nights with points + cash for a premium suite. The available room at booking was the presidential suite. I received an email last week asking for a pre-authorization one night booking fee, which I happily obliged to pay. I then receive the below email this morning. Any thoughts/suggestions on this?
Ask the general manager to honor the original booking type? It wasn’t your honor and you were more than happy to fulfill their prepayment requirements.
benjahman likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by benjahman
Ha! On the same boat as you (July), including authorizing prepayment with the Assistant Manager that initially reached out. Haven't responded to this most recent e-mail yet. Any update on your end?
benjahman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.