Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Manila - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Manila - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2023, 1:06 pm

Going to be in Manila for a couple days on the way to a wedding. Deciding between the Hyatt's or the Conrad. Any people have any recent stays or recommendations?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by dman22
Going to be in Manila for a couple days on the way to a wedding. Deciding between the Hyatt's or the Conrad. Any people have any recent stays or recommendations?
Just think about where you want to be. The Conrad is close to the airport (NAIA), Manila Bay, Mall of Asia, Intramuros, and Manila Zoo. It is located bayfront, with nice water views of Manila Bay. The Grand Hyatt is located in BGC, which is probably a 25-35min drive from airport, in a much more central business district and high-rise residential area. We tend to stay at the GH for a number of reasons, one being Hyatt status, proximity to friends and family, and proximity to our dentist (yes, we prefer going to the Dentist in the PH, since we don't have dental insurance in the US), and we are comfortable with the area, as we've been a number of times now. Also, the views are spectacular as you are in the tallest building in Manila.
We had lunch at the Conrad and spent some time in the area on our last visit to Manila and I would consider staying there to switch things up in the future. Both hotels are smart luxury and pricing is more or less similar. The GH lounge is a nice respite during the day for a break and a snack. I believe the Conrad has an executive lounge as well. The views from the GH lounge are really nice, along with decent plane spotting.

I'm sure you'll enjoy either choice. Have fun!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:08 am

Thanks for the information! Leaning towards the GH right now. Might look into getting some dental work there now. Appreciate it!
benjahman likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:58 pm

I keep wanting to stay at GH Manila but the Airbnbs in the area are so much better value. What they charge for points and the cash rate is just too much and I spend over 100 nights a year at Hyatts.

Conrad has the mall of Asia, GH has Uptown mall. I prefer the BGC area usually over MOA if you will walk around.
benjahman likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by dman22
Thanks for the information! Leaning towards the GH right now. Might look into getting some dental work there now. Appreciate it!
ha, let me know if you need a rec for the dentist
Old Jul 19, 2023, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by moolman
I keep wanting to stay at GH Manila but the Airbnbs in the area are so much better value. What they charge for points and the cash rate is just too much and I spend over 100 nights a year at Hyatts.

Conrad has the mall of Asia, GH has Uptown mall. I prefer the BGC area usually over MOA if you will walk around.
The Conrad is connected to the Mall of Asia?
Old Jul 19, 2023, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
The Conrad is connected to the Mall of Asia?
It is but website says the connector is under construction so you have to cross the street.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is but website says the connector is under construction so you have to cross the street.
Which mall is the GH connected to?
Old Jul 20, 2023, 12:00 am

Hi -

I think it is the Uptown Mall, but it is a block away.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I think it is the Uptown Mall, but it is a block away.
Correct, not connected but there's Uptown mall and the Japanese themed mall, I forget the name, both 1 block away
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:39 am

Correct, not connected but there's Uptown mall and the Japanese themed mall, I forget the name, both 1 block away
Mitsukoshi Mall is about two blocks down from GH Manila, on 8th Avenue.

Uptown Mall is about the same distance and has a decent variety of whatever one might need/want.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In terms of elite recognition and breakfast, should I stay at the GH or the HR Manila? I really do want to go to the Mall of Asia. I'm reading the HR is closer to MNL?

Does the HR and the GH have a lounge with an evening food spread?

How much is a taxi from MNL to either hotel? Can I pay with a credit card? Are there transit options linking MNL with the city center?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:18 am

Programs: FB Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold
How much is a taxi from MNL to either hotel? Can I pay with a credit card? Are there transit options linking MNL with the city center?
Download GRAB (Asian Uber)
- you can book and pay by card for Grab rides and regular taxis
- don't believe TripAdvisor or the touts at the airport that Grab is banned!
- you can also use it to order groceries, takeaway food, deliver and collect parcels, etc

Current prices on the Grab app, 9PM Manila time, Monday 18th December...

MNL T1 to Grand Hyatt
- by taxi: PHP351 to PHP421 (US $6.29 to $7.54)
- by Grab: PHP490 (US $8.77)

MNL T1 to Conrad
- by taxi: PHP203 to PHP243 (US $3.64 to $4.35)
- by Grab: PHP251 (US $4.49)
forumpersona999 and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:44 am

In terms of elite recognition and breakfast, should I stay at the GH or the HR Manila? I really do want to go to the Mall of Asia. I'm reading the HR is closer to MNL?

As the other poster said, use Grab for getting around.

GH lounge has a pretty nice evening food spread. On par or slightly above average for an Asian Hyatt lounge. I've not stayed at the HR but reports indicate it isn't as good for globalists, with no true suite for upgrades. It's closer to MNL and the Mall of Asia though so depends what's most important to you.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:55 am

as others have said, Grab is an option. Although, the last time I was there (summer of 2022), I had an issue using a US credit card with Grab. It would not accept any of my payment methods. That being said, I believe you can select a cash option.

GH definitely has an evening spread. You will find the views much better at GH. I’ve not stayed at HR City of Dreams, but I have stayed in the area and while it has its benefits, it’s not necessarily where I want to be while I’m in Manila. Also, please factor in traffic, this is something that should be noted for all your plans in Manila. HR is much close to MNL.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.