Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally! Award nights will count towards elite status in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by epost1980
Yep, my stay on points (at Andaz) triggered a brand visit.
To add another data point, my stay using a Chase Hyatt Visa Cat 1-4 certificate (at a Grand Hyatt) the first week of January also triggered a brand visit (as well as a night credit).
ACK1 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by bknets88
I have a GOH stay checking out on 1/3, I doubt it will post as they remove it from my account but I will report back.
Update The GOH posted as eligible nights! That is amazing!
ACK1 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Update The GOH posted as eligible nights! That is amazing!
were you the giver or receiver?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr
If you were the receiver, that is intentional as they said GoH stays will get tier credits for the guest staying, not the guest who booked.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
i was the giver
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I guess the saying, tis better to give than receive is true!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just made a reservation using my promotion free night and am hoping it will count
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
i was the giver
Interesting. I booked a GoH reservation for my father which started 12/31 and ended 1/2 - no night credit for me
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:51 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Interesting. I booked a GoH reservation for my father which started 12/31 and ended 1/2 - no night credit for me
I doubt you would get credit. Reservation of GoH is in your fathers name... so if he is a WorldofHyatt member he may get the credit.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:07 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skj
My stay at Park Hyatt Milan just posted, checking in on 2 Jan and departing on 4 Jan. 2 separate reservations, one night was P+C and the other was the Cat 1-7 night all Diamonds got last March. My account shows 1 night credited ... I'll call next week.
It took 2 calls - the first asked me to wait a day or two for the night to post - but my account now shows a Qualified Night for the night I used the Cat 1-7 Award from last March.

Last edited by skj; Jan 13, 2018 at 7:15 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by 59Impala

I doubt you would get credit. Reservation of GoH is in your fathers name... so if he is a WorldofHyatt member he may get the credit.

The thing to do is to make the reservation in the name of the WOH member. Then add the father to the reservation so that he can check in. He'll have to provide a credit card for incidentals, but the WOH member gets the stay credit.
ACK1 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
The thing to do is to make the reservation in the name of the WOH member. Then add the father to the reservation so that he can check in. He'll have to provide a credit card for incidentals, but the WOH member gets the stay credit.
Well, if you had read the post i was responding to....that poster gave a GoH reservation to another person and got the night credit in their own account. I did the same thing, but received no night credit. Granted, I wasn't expecting to as the stay was booked long before the announcement, but the disparity is odd

If you have yourself as a guest, then it isn't a GoH reservation.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Data point: I used my free cat 1-7 night for requalifying for globalist at the Hyatt Ziva Cancun and got a stay credit yesterday.

SECOND EDIT: After checking tonight, I did get a check mark next to Hyatt Ziva on the brand explorer
serfty likes this.

Last edited by uppereastsider; Jan 14, 2018 at 10:58 pm Reason: Datapoints regarding brand explorer award
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I wouldn't have had to book away from Hyatt when I was getting close to 60 had I known. I would have had 70, now probably at 68.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Got the email too. Looks like my GOH reservation I made for my friends counted as well, so I went from 60 to 86 nights. I’ll tkae the free 20,000 points!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.