Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Double points promo (15Nov-31Dec 17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:12 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)

Another meh promo - but better than nothing

link

https://world.hyatt.com/
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:17 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I am surprised at how short this is... Not competitive at all compared to the other programs Q4 Promos.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I am surprised at how short this is... Not competitive at all compared to the other programs Q4 Promos.
Not to mention that they was no advanced notice. Don't think they will get many incremental bookings at this point as most people have already made their plans for the next few weeks.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:55 pm

Probably just threw it out there quickly to have something. Hoping for a real promo early next year.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
THIS IS IT!

The final nail to the coffin.

I'm at 36 paid nights this year, was waiting for a 75k points for 25 nights promotion to requalify for globalist. This promotion won't even earn 1/9th of that.

I'm cancelling almost all paid reservations that I have for next year, except for a few locations where it's already too late to rebook a hotel, and a points+cash stays.

I'm not leaving Hyatt, Hyatt left me...

Last edited by Markie; Nov 15, 2017 at 3:17 pm Reason: corrected # of nights / veiled obscenity removed
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:15 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
World of Hyatt members may earn double points for all Eligible Stays booked on Hyatt.com or the World of Hyatt app. Stays booked through other channels (including other Hyatt channels) are not eligible. You must register for the promotion at worldofhyatt.com/doublepoints between November 15, 2017 and November 30, 2017. Stays must be completed between November 15, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Only Base Points on each stay are doubled, and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. M life-Eligible Nights booked on Hyatt.com or the World of Hyatt app are eligible under this offer. Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this offer. You must choose points for each stay. Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying stay for Bonus Points to be posted to your account. World of Hyatt membership is free and available via worldofhyatt.com. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time due to actual circumstances. This offer is subject to the World of Hyatt program terms and conditions available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. ©2017 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Two interesting points from this T&C:
  • Stays booked via the telephone don't count? Any other channel other than the website and app and telephone I am not thinking about? Obviously 3rd party OTAs etc.
  • M-life stays booked via Hyatt.com are always more expensive. Will be interesting to see if this is a trend for future hyatt promotions.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:28 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I was hoping for NO promo for the remainder of the year, only have 4 more nights to hit 60.
Was hoping for a "double elite nights" promo in January or so....
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Argh.... and I checked out of a Hyatt yesterday
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:07 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Argh.... and I checked out of a Hyatt yesterday
dont worry if it’s like the last double points promo stays that started or ended outside of the window didn’t get the bonus (at least for me?)
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Meh. Reads like a last minute desperate measure by Hyatt after realizing that guests are choosing other chains based on promotions. Dear Hyatt, you really ain't so hot that we can't quit you.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I'm actually really, really excited to jump ship to Hilton on March 1st. This crummy promo will just give me even more incentive to do it earlier.
DOS ALTO likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:44 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I have about 10 nights booked for the promo period but I booked them all via the Globalist line; really annoying to be excluded because of this. I registered anyhow as I don't have anything to lose.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Maybe they are running this promo because of an end-of-year drop-off in stays from people like me:

I’m at 57 nights, but have been putting my stays since then on different brands so that the cat 7 certificate that I get when I cross 60 won’t expire until after late March. So far, Hyatt has lost 10+ of my nights this year to Marriott/SPG simply because of the 120 day expiration they have on their certs.

This promo is tempting, but not tempting enough to dissuade me from getting $1000+ in value from my free night cert at PHNY this March...
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Really a strange promo with zero advance notice, short duration, and odd restriction on booking channels.

I'm trying to burn Hyatt, not earn, so not going to affect my stay decisions.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:35 pm

Jan 1 checkout gets squat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.