Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Double points promo (15Nov-31Dec 17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double points promo (15Nov-31Dec 17)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Does a C+P booking qualify for the double points?

Normally the cash portion of the C+P get points along with the elite bonus, so can we assume the double bonus points apply to a C+P booking?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by joe_miami
It looks like you’re getting credit for the current stay, so you’re switching away from Hyatt because you’re not getting double points on food and bev on an award stay? Really?
That is not what I said at all. I am switching because of really weak promos this year, corporate bookings not counting for this promo through Concur/BCD, and for the weak promo they do have, spend during an award stay not counting. We typically spend about $2k per week at PHM on food, spa, and activities and we will be there for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, so yes I would like double points on $4k of spend during this promo. That might not be much for you, but for me it is.

Like I said earlier, for those that WoH works for, that is awesome but for someone who does 100 plus nights and can easily knock out any promo with other hotel chains, WoH just doesn’t work for me like HGP did. If people cannot stand to hear negative feedback on a program that for the most part has been a downgrade from the previous one and programs that still exist at other chains, I guess you should avoid the internet!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Just finished 8 nights at HR Cologne. Will I get double points on the nights beginning Nov 15th?

It would also be good if Hyatt could confirm whether stays booked through Globalist Concierge count.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Glenlivet
Checked-out on November 15th of a 3 nights stay booked on hyatt.com, upgraded via telephone.
Got credited today including the bonus double base points!
So it applies also on stays ugraded via telephone, provided the original booking was made by electronic means.
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:29 am

It's funny how the little things can make one excited, at least briefly. I happen to being currently doing a stay already booked for 11/14-18, so now I'm unexpectedly getting double points. It won't really mean much -- I've already requalified as Explorist (big whoop), and still won't make Globalist, so I really shouldn't care. But for the moment I'm happy to have the few extra points. It will wear off soon, I'm sure. I'm still on the fence about whether I'll push Hilton or Marriott for 2018, but don't expect Hyatt to be in the mix for revenue stays going forward. I still am looking forward to using points well with Hyatt though!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:51 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Glenlivet
Checked-out on November 15th of a 3 nights stay booked on hyatt.com, upgraded via telephone.
Got credited today including the bonus double base points!
So it applies also on stays ugraded via telephone, provided the original booking was made by electronic means.
Good for you. It also means that the check-out date determines if you're eligible or not. Great that you could score the 3 nights prior to the promotion start.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:16 am

Well this is great new since I’m in the middle of a 10 night stay.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Kinda crazy that corporate bookings thru corporate booking tools (BCD, Concur, etc) don'y qualify for this. So basically, that means I need to cancel pre-existing reservations made thru those tools and rebook thru the website in order to qualify for the promo? Why? I have my corporate code, so it's not like they are going to get a higher rate out of me because of this. Do they have to pay commissions to the corporate booking tools? Half of me wants to say F it, but the points whore in me says.....arg
Perhaps they are assuming that ANY travel in this month and a half is personal and don't want to incur any cost for use of a corporate portal. I've got 14 nights booked before year-end. In the past I would have done all of these at Hyatt. Now I'm at 97 nights with Hyatt and absolutely no desire to move even 3 of those nights to get to 100 nights.

217 paid nights at Hyatt in 2016, 97 this year. Will be far less in 2018.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm not sure anyone has commented on the promo email, but the "Double Points for Being You" practically made me gag. As did the accompanying photo of cavorting millenials.

Sorry Hyatt, I am apparently not your target customer anymore.
dsquared37 and markko like this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm not sure anyone has commented on the promo email, but the "Double Points for Being You" practically made me gag. As did the accompanying photo of cavorting millenials.

Sorry Hyatt, I am apparently not your target customer anymore.
All their Worldly Hyatt promo videos and pictures make me gag.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
I haven't read through all the previous posts, so apologies if this has been covered, but here's another data point.

1) Booked two rooms at the same property via the Hyatt App a few weeks ago.
2) Started the stays a few days apart last weekend (prior to Nov 15th).
3) Registered for the Double Points Promo 2 days ago (mid-stay) when I got the email on Nov 15th.
4) Checked out of both rooms yesterday on Nov 16th.
5) Reviewed my WOH account this afternoon (Nov 17th) and was surprised to find that I received double (base) points on the longer stay, and regular amt of points on the shorter stay. Each with 30% Globalist bonus on the base amount (Exactly as laid out in T&C)

Given prior experiences with Hyatt IT, I assumed the double points would only apply to future bookings after registration.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:02 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Looks like they must have fixed IT and made it based of check out date! good news. Sucks for those staying over new years (like myself DOH!) for several nights at a PH.

Still the promo is trash compared to last years - seeing about 45% less points generated since WoH per dollar spent compared to previous years - these types of promos give very little incentive to switch stays to Hyatt. Previous promos ment shifting one stay could result in 15k - 25k points by pushing me over the next promo tier.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:04 pm

with multiple rooms, best to consolidate all charges onto a single folio at checkout
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
If it's enough points to make it worthwhile, check out on Dec 31 and have someone else check in for the last night or so.

I had to do that earlier this year to get a double points promotion that expired on June 30. I gave my husband a GoH reservation for the last 2 nights so we would continue to get benefits.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket

30 stays / 45 nights / bring back the welcome amenity
Even if they did this, I'm still done. WoH has soured me so badly on the program I used to be obsessed with, love, and defend (even irrationally). Blowing all of my points on award stays next summer and never looking back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.