Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Double points promo (15Nov-31Dec 17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double points promo (15Nov-31Dec 17)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:41 am

Booked a stay through the website, but had to call in to apply the suite upgrade award. Would this still qualify for the bonus points?

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by jclia
Booked a stay through the website, but had to call in to apply the suite upgrade award. Would this still qualify for the bonus points?
This. Are stays booked online, but modified over the phone (to apply TSU etc.) promo eligible?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: UAL Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Chase UR
Originally Posted by lautaro
THIS IS IT!

The final nail to the coffin.

I'm at 36 paid nights this year, was waiting for a 75k points for 25 nights promotion to requalify for globalist. This promotion won't even earn 1/9th of that.

I'm cancelling almost all paid reservations that I have for next year, except for a few locations where it's already too late to rebook a hotel, and a points+cash stays.

I'm not leaving Hyatt, Hyatt left me...
I'm holding out to hear whatever announcement comes from the former-SPG hires. If they don't @#$ dazzle me, I'm out
markko likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:57 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I find it rather amusing that one much touted benefit of WoH is a private concierge for re-qualifying Globalists, yet reservations made through that private concierge are not eligible for promos
@World of Hyatt Concierge Care to comment on this?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by girlsushi
I'm holding out to hear whatever announcement comes from the former-SPG hires. If they don't @#$ dazzle me, I'm out
I believe this is the former-SPG hires first promotion for WoH.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by blahmeh14
I personally don’t think this promotion is all that bad, despite the limitations on booking channel. Yes, I wish it had come earlier, was longer, and was more amenable to corporate rates, but just $2,600 of spend during one of these gets you enough points for a top tier redemption (30k). I can’t think of any promos run in recent memory by the other brands that come close to this. Can you imagine earning the 30-35k required starpoints for a top tier redemption at SPG by spending only $2600? It would require one of their rare, restrictive 3x starpoints promos AND being a 75 night Plat!

Excluding points earned by credit card spend, of course. This is also just factoring in the value you’d get from hotel night redemptions. Once you get into comparing Hyatt with the flexibility of SPG, it gets a little murkier.
2600 gets you 13000 points, not 30. Don't add the already existing points as if they are part of the promo. Under the old 25/75 promo, 2600 spend even at 200 a night would get you 15000 points and leave you 2 nights away from another 15k. There is no solid way to spin this trash promo as anything positive, just like the last one.... unless you are the one person who spends 2k a night and only does 4 nights.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by footastic
dont worry if it’s like the last double points promo stays that started or ended outside of the window didn’t get the bonus (at least for me?)
Nothing in the terms posted above suggests that a stay that begins prior to Nov. 15 wouldn't get the bonus. To the contrary, the terms suggest double points for any stay that *ends* during the promo period, regardless of when it started. (I'm on a stay that began prior to Nov. 15 and will end long before Dec. 31, so I guess I'll be seeing what happens.)
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Kinda crazy that corporate bookings thru corporate booking tools (BCD, Concur, etc) don'y qualify for this. So basically, that means I need to cancel pre-existing reservations made thru those tools and rebook thru the website in order to qualify for the promo? Why? I have my corporate code, so it's not like they are going to get a higher rate out of me because of this. Do they have to pay commissions to the corporate booking tools? Half of me wants to say F it, but the points whore in me says.....arg
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I'm thinking, like, great -- I will earn another 15,000 points on my already planned trips. I come on here and all I see is 'rabble rabble rabble'. The entitlement is something I guess I still need to learn
Colin likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:58 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Booked my stay a while ago, just wondering if I’ll still be qualified for this promo even if I booked before the announcement has been made. Dates still work though.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:34 pm
Suspended

The terms don’t say anything about reservations needing to be booked after Nov. 15. Hyatt would be inviting a lot of senseless cancellations and rebookings.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
This one finally sealed the deal for me. If the corporate bookings don’t count, I will basically not qualify for any of my stays (according to my PLA) as I am currently on one that ends after 11/15 but started before 11/15 and my award booking in PH Maldives (totally understand the award nights don’t count for base points but double points on the dining and spa spend that this will generate would have been a nice bonus). I have been a Hyatt fan for too long and will finally switch all of my business to SPG/Marriott. For those that this bonus works well for, congrats, but for those of us that held on with Hyatt this year with higher expectations, we have not been rewarded. HGP did what a loyalty program should, it drove me to make irrational decisions based on perceived value in a program. WoH came along and fixed that so I guess thanks are in order!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Smile

Checked-out on November 15th of a 3 nights stay booked on hyatt.com, upgraded via telephone.
Got credited today including the bonus double base points!
So it applies also on stays ugraded via telephone, provided the original booking was made by electronic means.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ronbo83
This one finally sealed the deal for me. If the corporate bookings don’t count, I will basically not qualify for any of my stays (according to my PLA) as I am currently on one that ends after 11/15 but started before 11/15 and my award booking in PH Maldives (totally understand the award nights don’t count for base points but double points on the dining and spa spend that this will generate would have been a nice bonus). I have been a Hyatt fan for too long and will finally switch all of my business to SPG/Marriott. For those that this bonus works well for, congrats, but for those of us that held on with Hyatt this year with higher expectations, we have not been rewarded. HGP did what a loyalty program should, it drove me to make irrational decisions based on perceived value in a program. WoH came along and fixed that so I guess thanks are in order!
It looks like you’re getting credit for the current stay, so you’re switching away from Hyatt because you’re not getting double points on food and bev on an award stay? Really?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:44 pm

too many cheapstake Hyatt elites used to the too-generous benefits of Diamond.

will be nice when they get with it and move along, so we don’t have to scroll over all their Hyatt-hate posts in every thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.