Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

55 night Globalist qualifying for 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

55 night Globalist qualifying for 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I completed my 57th night 2 weeks ago, after having been at 52 nights since Sept, and my account still shows that I need 3 stays for globalist for 2018.

I don't recall getting any emails regarding requalification.
I'm at 58 nights and still need 2 more nights to qualify for Globalist for 2018. I thought it was discussed at length and concluded that we need 60 nights in 2017 to qualify for Globalist for 2018. Any deviation from this is exception, especially the 2 cases mentioned having qualified with only 53 and 55 nights.

Regardless of notifications of requalification at less than 60 nights, I would make sure there is no ambiguity by staying the full 60 nights.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I completed my 57th night 2 weeks ago, after having been at 52 nights since Sept, and my account still shows that I need 3 stays for globalist for 2018.

I don't recall getting any emails regarding requalification.

Indeed, if there were no difference between 55 and 60 this year, or any member's first year, there would be no point in even having a threshold at 60.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Your post is unnecessarily blunt IMO.

Nobody knows what will happen in 2018. We don't know. WoH telephone staff don't really know and give varying responses. There are no reliable data points to go on, just interpretations of T&Cs.

The safest assumption is that 60 nights will be required for the full suite of benefits, with a pleasant surprise if people start reporting receiving them all at 55 nights.
getting the 4 TSUs at 55 nights in say Oct 2018, instead of at 60 nights in Dec 2018, will not be a pleasant surprise for me because I would then not have a TSU to use for a Nov 2019 Thanksgiving trip

suppose some heavy Hyatt elite will hit 55 nights by Mar 2018 and will answer this question defintely for us all - until then, I am going to hold off on Q4 2018 travel planning

I don't really care about the Cat 7 cert and Concierge - if I get the requal + TSUs at 55 nights in 2018, then 55 nights is the only number I care about.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Colin
getting the 4 TSUs at 55 nights in say Oct 2018, instead of at 60 nights in Dec 2018, will not be a pleasant surprise for me because I would then not have a TSU to use for a Nov 2019 Thanksgiving trip

suppose some heavy Hyatt elite will hit 55 nights by Mar 2018 and will answer this question defintely for us all - until then, I am going to hold off on Q4 2018 travel planning

I don't really care about the Cat 7 cert and Concierge - if I get the requal + TSUs at 55 nights in 2018, then 55 nights is the only number I care about.
Huh?

Are you talking about the 4 confirmable DSU ? You need 60 nights for these either way even in the coming years and as far as I see it nothing changes in terms of their expiration. It's not like they will be dumped into your account at the time of re-qualification and expire exactly 12 months later.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Huh?
It's not like they will be dumped into your account at the time of re-qualification and expire exactly 12 months later.
That is exactly what the T&C say happens:

Upon achieving (or re-achieving) Globalist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirements detailed above, a Member will receive four (4) complimentary Room Upgrade Awards for suite accommodations (“Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards”).

Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed for reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award.e Awards for suite accommodations (“Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards”)
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Huh?
It's not like they will be dumped into your account at the time of re-qualification and expire exactly 12 months later.
That is exactly what happens. Which is why people delay their re-qualification night as long as possible, proving what a stupid, anti-loyalty idea it was.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I think you must be in the wrong forum, because you’re clearly talking about a different program.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Huh?

Are you talking about the 4 confirmable DSU ? You need 60 nights for these either way even in the coming years and as far as I see it nothing changes in terms of their expiration. It's not like they will be dumped into your account at the time of re-qualification and expire exactly 12 months later.
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think you must be in the wrong forum, because you’re clearly talking about a different program.
Even experienced FTer and seasoned traveler gets confused. World of Hyatt has successfully created confusion and uncertainty. Whoever came up with this program must not understand logic and cause/effect.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
That is exactly what happens. Which is why people delay their re-qualification night as long as possible, proving what a stupid, anti-loyalty idea it was.
I don't read it that way. Do we have newly re-qualified Globalists here who can confirm that?

That wouldn't make any sense either but then... what does?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I don't read it that way. Do we have newly re-qualified Globalists here who can confirm that?
How do you read the T&C passages that I cited above?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How do you read the T&C passages that I cited above?
Upon achieving (or re-achieving) ...

Can be pretty much any time, no?

Also 'from the date of issuance' ... So one could probably ask the hotel to take out the Hyatt number upon checkout and then claim the stay retroactively at point X, maybe even after New Years in order to push the validity of the DSU.

In any case, If there are new Globalists who can confirm how it actually works that would be good. The ........ about such a rule is that it would leave the Globalist during an important period (Christmas / New Years) the following year without any DSU's and that SUCKS big time.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:20 pm

you are the only one confused about the expiration date of TSUs
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
you are the only one confused about the expiration date of TSUs
Hyatt could simply avoid it by stating exact dates. Did you get the upgrades and if yes, what does it display as expiration date?

If you don't have them yet it simply means you have nothing constructive to add. Let's wait for someone who can provide proper documentation.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Upon achieving (or re-achieving) ...

Can be pretty much any time, no?
No, it's the time of achieving it. If I stay 60 nights in Jan, Feb and March of 2018, I achieve Globalist status for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019. And I will at that point in time (not four months later, at the end of the year, or in Feb of 2019) receive four TSUs. These will then be valid for 12 months.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:46 am

Hyatt could simply avoid it by stating exact dates. Did you get the upgrades and if yes, what does it display as expiration date?

If you don't have them yet it simply means you have nothing constructive to add. Let's wait for someone who can provide proper documentation.
What documentation do you want? I re-qualified 2 weeks ago, and immediately got 4 TSUs that expire 12 months from 2 weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.