Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

55 night Globalist qualifying for 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

55 night Globalist qualifying for 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
My understanding was that one needs 60K in 2017, and if achieved, 55K thereafter.

Have no recall whether anything was specified for non-Globalist trying to qualify in 2018.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I thought this had been resolved, but obviously not...

This year it has been relatively simply to hold on 58/59 nights, to do the 60th as late as possible. (maximum validity of TSUs and free night certificate)

Next year we might have to hold on 54 nights to ensure that TSUs don't credit too early, but then push to 60 in December for the free night to be valid at least until springtime. I hope that the new WoH management figures out that the system disincentivises Globalists from staying exclusively at Hyatts.
Colin likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
although I appreciate all the discussion to clarify my original question, I still after reading have no solid data to go on that confirms that after requalifying in 2017 for 2018, with 60 nights ( 63 actually) , what are my 2019 terms to requalify. Simple yes or no please.
1) 55 nights in 2018 for 2019 Full Globalist ( not. Lite) ?
2) Does a current 60 night Globalist who in 2018 completes 55 nights receive 4 TSU' s upon completing 55 nights in 2018 calendar year and will regualify Full Globalist in 2019
3) Does a current 60 night Globalist who now in 2018 completes 55 nights continue with a concierge upon completing 55 nights in 2018 calendar year and requalify Globalist 2019
4) is a current 60 night Globalist who now in 2018 completes 55 nights awarded a category 1-7 free night cert upon completing 55 nights in 2018 calendar year?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:10 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by martinplas
although I appreciate all the discussion to clarify my original question, I still after reading have no solid data to go on that confirms that after requalifying in 2017 for 2018, with 60 nights ( 63 actually) , what are my 2019 terms to requalify. Simple yes or no please.
2) Does a current 60 night Globalist who in 2018 completes 55 nights receive 4 TSU' s upon completing 55 nights in 2018 calendar year and will regualify Full Globalist in 2019
3) Does a current 60 night Globalist who now in 2018 completes 55 nights continue with a concierge upon completing 55 nights in 2018 calendar year and requalify Globalist 2019
4) is a current 60 night Globalist who now in 2018 completes 55 nights awarded a category 1-7 free night cert upon completing 55 nights in 2018 calendar year?
There are no "simple yes or no" answers to your questions. People can speculate based on how today's T&Cs read, but Hyatt has indicated they expect to make some tweaks to the program. If you must have an answer now, I suggest you assume it will take 60 nights to get all the stated benefits - TSUs, cat 1-7 night and concierge. If you think Hyatt may give you some of these after 55 nights, plan accordingly so you get the TSUs and free night when you want them. Hopefully, Hyatt will clarify what the 55 night requalification really means before we get too far into 2018 ...
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Sometimes you have to use your head a bit. I know it's hard with WOH. Obviously there has to be benefits for this 55 night shortcut to mean anything. Otherwise there would be no point of offering it. Again I was told by a globalist rep who claimed to be very familiar with the new program that once you hit 60 this year you will only need 55 in subsequent years and you will receive full globalist benefits
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:10 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bknets88
Sometimes you have to use your head a bit. I know it's hard with WOH. Obviously there has to be benefits for this 55 night shortcut to mean anything. Otherwise there would be no point of offering it. Again I was told by a globalist rep who claimed to be very familiar with the new program that once you hit 60 this year you will only need 55 in subsequent years and you will receive full globalist benefits
What exactly are "full globalist benefits" ? In today's version of the T&Cs, some benefits are tied to status and others are tied to nights. For example, note the different wording for CSU awards and cat 1-7 free night awards. Based on the current wording, I would expect someone achieving Glob with 55-59 nights next year would receive the CSUs but not the cat 1-7 free night. Will that change ? Who knows (but I'm pretty sure an agent on the phone doesn't) ?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by martinplas
Your post is unnecessarily blunt IMO.

Nobody knows what will happen in 2018. We don't know. WoH telephone staff don't really know and give varying responses. There are no reliable data points to go on, just interpretations of T&Cs.

The safest assumption is that 60 nights will be required for the full suite of benefits, with a pleasant surprise if people start reporting receiving them all at 55 nights.
Brendan and markko like this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:00 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by craigthemif
This year it has been relatively simply to hold on 58/59 nights, to do the 60th as late as possible. (maximum validity of TSUs and free night certificate)

Next year we might have to hold on 54 nights to ensure that TSUs don't credit too early, but then push to 60 in December for the free night to be valid at least until springtime. I hope that the new WoH management figures out that the system disincentivises Globalists from staying exclusively at Hyatts.
I tell Hyatt at every opportunity (with every survey). In 2018 I could easily reach 55 nights by February. But I'm not actually stupid enough to fall for THAT trick, two years in a row. I'm going to intentionally stay at other brand until late in the year, specifically to bypass their idiotic requirement that TSUs expire exactly one year after they're earned.

Think about that one crazy rule for a moment.

Question: Who does it affect?
Answer: Only Hyatt's most frequent customers

Question: How does it affect them?
Answer: It encourages them to stay at other hotels until late in the year

Question: What kind of moron thought up this policy?
Answer: He's gone.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CloudCoder

Question: How does it affect them?
Answer: It encourages them to stay at other hotels until late in the year
And then Hyatt gets nervous and throws out a short end-of-year promotion. Do a proper promo during the summer and the analysis changes completely for Hyatt regulars.

Question: What kind of moron thought up this policy?
Answer: He's gone.
I'm under the impression that Jeff resigned after having WoH shoved down his throat to cut costs, but I can't really base that on anything other than the intuition that you don't quit immediately after implementing your "pride and joy".
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by travelexpert
My understanding was that one needs 60K in 2017, and if achieved, 55K thereafter.

Have no recall whether anything was specified for non-Globalist trying to qualify in 2018.
What do you mean by 60K and 55K? It takes 100K base points for Glob and AFAIK there's no discount on the base points needed for requalification if you do it through spend rather than nights.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
There are already a few benefits, including 4 pm checkout and unlimited lounge (or substitute) access. The benefit matrix clearly shows the award night, concierge and TSUs at 60 nights.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by JackE
There are already a few benefits, including 4 pm checkout and unlimited lounge (or substitute) access. The benefit matrix clearly shows the award night, concierge and TSUs at 60 nights.
yes but this is a 55 night shortcut not a 20 night shortcut. So if they won't give you full 60 night benefits there is no point
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
yes but this is a 55 night shortcut not a 20 night shortcut. So if they won't give you full 60 night benefits there is no point
WoH is full of such idiocies, so I wouldn't reject the possibility on that basis.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I tell Hyatt at every opportunity (with every survey). In 2018 I could easily reach 55 nights by February. But I'm not actually stupid enough to fall for THAT trick, two years in a row. I'm going to intentionally stay at other brand until late in the year, specifically to bypass their idiotic requirement that TSUs expire exactly one year after they're earned..
I totally understand where you are coming from with this, and I pushed stays to Marriott/SPG from August to October to have my TSUs carry forward as long as possible into 2018.

However, I juggled this around in my head a bit too.

It seems you hit 60 nights early in 2017, which sucks because your TSUs are then only good through early 2018.
However, you say you can hit 60 nights early in 2018, which would then give you another full year of TSUs.
If you wait until December 2018 to hit 60 nights, won't you be without TSUs for most of 2017 (March - December)?

Assuming that you generally hit 60 nights at about the same time each year, the TSUs then become usable for the appropriate period of time, and they give us much more flexibility for booking suites in March/April/May because we can book and confirm the suites the year before rather than waiting until February. That can be a very big benefit.

The crappy year is the year when your travel slows down and you do not hit 60 nights at the same time as the previous year.

With that said, I wish the TSUs would be available for the full membership year cycle (valid through February), but as long as you generally hit 60 nights at the same point each year, the change to the rolling year actually is a benefit over the old system.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I got the Hyatt re-qualification email at 55 nights and my account now shows Globalist until 2/2019.

That being said I'll hit 60 nights either way and grab the Cat 7 free night and DSU certs just for good measure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.